Posibilities With Hl2 Physics

Originally posted by Italiangeek
Yeah....the pool will overflow and the bodies will pile up in a big mound (like an obstacle).

Ok, 5000 polygon models * however many it would take to fill the pool, damn that would lag.

Originally posted by Organizer
*Walks up to the podium*

*sorts papers*

*clears throat*

ahem...

OMGWTFLOL!!!11!one!!1

common, that sounds fun to me!

Originally posted by nw909
Ok, 5000 polygon models * however many it would take to fill the pool, damn that would lag.
dual opteron anyone? :)

Originally posted by fudnick
dual opteron anyone? :)

ok, whatever you can try the idea but i'd rather drop them one at a time having them disapear from the world when they get to the bottom, maybe three at a time even.

It's probably been mentionend before but a tower builder mod would be fun. But that will use A LOT of CPU power because all physics.

I would want a giant ass Plinko board and drop many chips down it at the same time...having the chips bounce off the pegs and each other like crazie.

Maybe you could make a scripted sequence that imitated the empire state building explosion in independence day the movie, with the flames traveling through the street throwing up cars and stuff. It wouldn't be so tough on the physics because there wouldn't be that many breakables, just a bunch of rigid bodies bouncing around, and maybe a few things breaking like newsstands or telephone poles bending. maybe you could make a level where it's the object for the player to jump in a fast car (lamborghini gallardo anyone?) and escape this flaming wall of death through a busy street of panicking people.

eh?

I wanna see if I can build a huge cannon that you can load all sorts of stuff into (chairs, tables, bodies, scrap metal...) then adjust it's trajectory and fire it (set off a big explosion in the bottom of the tube). Gabe said explosions act accordingly when contained, so... lol

okay okay, lets not get too exited folks theres more and more recent games already out that use ragdoll pretty well so dont expect to shoot in ure pants because personally its nothing new, now something that might be interesting is for someone to mod that gravity weapon into another game with ragdolls

Originally posted by mbrithoms
okay okay, lets not get too exited folks theres more and more recent games already out that use ragdoll pretty well so dont expect to shoot in ure pants because personally its nothing new, now something that might be interesting is for someone to mod that gravity weapon into another game with ragdolls

Im really excited about the realistic wood and best water ever seen in a game parts.

Originally posted by nw909
Im really excited about the realistic wood and best water ever seen in a game parts.

yes im more exited about how materials react but , believe me you wont be too entertained after bashing various bits of wood for 15 mins in HL2

Originally posted by mbrithoms
yes im more exited about how materials react but , believe me you wont be too entertained after bashing various bits of wood for 15 mins in HL2

Wood doesn't break dynamically, I bet wood will only break once at one point pre-set by the modeller.

A canon that you can load with crap would be awesome.

Originally posted by StickFigs
You take a TABLE... see where I'm goin'?

And you put a TOASTER on it! Huh?

And then the toast come out SO HARD that it makes the toaster blast through the table! Huh? Am I right?

karate toast

Originally posted by DaLys
A canon that you can load with crap would be awesome.

Yeah then if you put an X-Treme toaster on the table it will blast through the table, dent the floor, rebuild the table, jump on it, and do a backflip grab onto your face and force it'self down your throat.

Then the toast will shoot through the roof, fly down at twice the speed of light, and hit you with the force of a cinderblock hitting you at 5 times the speed of light multiplied by 10!

PWNED!

Originally posted by Italiangeek
I think It would be sweet to see a mod/map where you can play board games 'n such on a HUGE board where you push around the pieces! I'm sooooooo freaking angry b/c HL2 wasn't released on time!!!! On Sept 30th I was goign to freakign run to my house after school, get in my Vette, and freaking fly at least 165MPH down Rt 70 to the local gamestop where I preordered it......now that it's delayed I have to wat another month and a half to get the game d@mnit!!! you have no idea how much I was looking forward to palying HL2!!! WELL ANYWAY...WHAT DO YOU GUYS WANT TO DO WITH THE GREATEST PHYSICS EVER?

:bounce: <---that's not even close to how excited I was

Wait wait wait, im confused. If you have a vette, and are able to drive it, why do you RUN home? IT makes NO sense! Why not drive the vette to school? Then you wouldnt have to go home first.... you dont have a vette do you?

Originally posted by theGreenBunny
This part of your posts contains a lot of assumptions. All of the wall may have been specified as 'breakable', and the strider may have used that 'breakability' to get at the people he knew were inside.

We don't know exactly how breakability works, so 'guaranteeing' this is not a good idea. That whole area may have been breakable. Maybe just the buildings the Strider would most likely shoot at. Maybe it's as you said. We just don't know how efficiently Source handles it.

Don't guarantee what you don't know for sure. :)

I agree. I don't think flaging all objects as breakable takes significantly more horsepwoer than flagging them unbreakable: the slowdown would occur when you start breaking everything at once!

Re: Re: Posibilities With Hl2 Physics

Originally posted by UltimateNinja
Wait wait wait, im confused. If you have a vette, and are able to drive it, why do you RUN home? IT makes NO sense! Why not drive the vette to school? Then you wouldnt have to go home first.... you dont have a vette do you?

haha....it's my dad's 2002 vette dude...and I wouldn't actually run home, I would get a ride...it's just that it takes my fried that gives me a ride home overyday a while to get out to teh parking lot, so it would just be faster to run home since I live 1/8 of a mile from school.

I think I'll make a mod where you can trip people and then I'll change everybody's weight to like 1000 pounds so they hurt themselves real bad when I trip them and they fall. :)

ninja, italians dad does have a vette, along with several muscle cars....im his friend

about 90% of the stuff you've mentioned would require map-specific and premodeling, not to mention a large amount of work. So far the only legitimate physics test I've read in this thread is the driving over wood planks one.

YEah... but who says HL2 does not generate wood breaking places?

never heard it in an interview!

Originally posted by StickFigs
Yeah then if you put an X-Treme toaster on the table it will blast through the table, dent the floor, rebuild the table, jump on it, and do a backflip grab onto your face and force it'self down your throat.

Then the toast will shoot through the roof, fly down at twice the speed of light, and hit you with the force of a cinderblock hitting you at 5 times the speed of light multiplied by 10!

PWNED!

Right... :rolleyes:

imagine that though...

Gordon Freeman just being there one second and when the toast hits him at a blink of an eye, he just disintegrates. LOL

*implodes*

I will create matrix reloaded -kind of scene. Pile lots of bodies and toss grenade under them. BOOM!

Originally posted by Reiska
I will create matrix reloaded -kind of scene. Pile lots of bodies and toss grenade under them. BOOM!

I bet you like my avatar :)

Make a massive mound of bodies and drive through it. You could also get a pool of water and make a bridge out of dead floating bodies.

Originally posted by PainLord
Make a massive mound of bodies and drive through it. You could also get a pool of water and make a bridge out of dead floating bodies.

I'd drive through the bodies only If I had a good processor.

HL3: Gordon goes crazy!

Run over already dead people in a really heavy truck whilst waving your crowbar at some corpses. Includes fully 3d tyre treads.

Originally posted by nutsak
HL3: Gordon goes crazy!

Run over already dead people in a really heavy truck whilst waving your crowbar at some corpses. Includes fully 3d tyre treads.

lol :cheese:, that would make a nice mod

Back