Posibilities With Hl2 Physics

But if you made the pile of bodies too big, wouldnt you just crash? :)

either that or just use the pile as a ramp...

I remember when making ragdoll phisics for Raven Shield... if the body got hit way to hard the game would crash.... : (

wonder if you could add probailities to it, like you know how a peice of buttered toast always lands butter side down, and cat on its feet e.t.c

wouldn't it be just cool to atach it to the back of a cat and see what the hl engine / mapper makes of it ? :p

Interesting thread

recently while playing with the doom3 alpha i was able to bring in ragdoll
zombies one at a time for a laugh . I ended up with a pile of 33 i think
, all reacting to gun shots and being walked into.
Now this is on a pc with xp2400 and a radeon9800 - not a elite rig.
So if halflifes physics are as good i think we will be suprised at the possiblities and the fact that you can do quite a lot before reaching the limits of peoples machines

I hope that made sense

Speaking of Doom3... reading through this topic (especially the bits about bodies falling into a pool) made me think of a cool bit of horror scenery.

Think "Hell". A bit like in the DooM/Quake games. You're in a demonic scenery, advancing toward the citadel of a minion of Belzebub (sub-boss or something :) and from a cave you finally emerge onto a ledge at the edge of a rather large chasm. In front of you is a bridge leading to the citadel on an 'island' in the middle of the pit. Look up - the rocky and jagged side walls of the cavern and a dark red sky. Look down - a pool of - BLOOD (how's that for a shocker!) And on the sides, bodies constantly falling in to the blood. Maybe 5-10 different models chosen randomly, maybe abt 10 (or less if required by hardware) bodies visible at a time. They fall from a randomly selected place, some silent, some screaming. When they reach the pool, they might either sink instantly or come back up to float for a few seconds and then sink down. Finally, when they would be completely under the blood the models would disappear and a new one would be spawned high up.

Originally posted by *HEL*Karri
Speaking of Doom3... reading through this topic (especially the bits about bodies falling into a pool) made me think of a cool bit of horror scenery.

Think "Hell". A bit like in the DooM/Quake games. You're in a demonic scenery, advancing toward the citadel of a minion of Belzebub (sub-boss or something :) and from a cave you finally emerge onto a ledge at the edge of a rather large chasm. In front of you is a bridge leading to the citadel on an 'island' in the middle of the pit. Look up - the rocky and jagged side walls of the cavern and a dark red sky. Look down - a pool of - BLOOD (how's that for a shocker!) And on the sides, bodies constantly falling in to the blood. Maybe 5-10 different models chosen randomly, maybe abt 10 (or less if required by hardware) bodies visible at a time. They fall from a randomly selected place, some silent, some screaming. When they reach the pool, they might either sink instantly or come back up to float for a few seconds and then sink down. Finally, when they would be completely under the blood the models would disappear and a new one would be spawned high up.
well, this is a mod we will see in Half-Life 2 at some point; every possible idea will be implemented that are half-decent; just look at Half-Life and 1000-fold the possibilities, then you've got a real game worthy of 5 years of gameplay

the physics will make half life 2 just that bit sweeter, unlimited ways to make things fall a diff way.

I have a few thoughts as a wreslting fan I was thinking.

How about making a hardcore wreslting game with source? hehe

yep they made soccer with hl 1 so why not wreslting with the physics.

You could do a pile driver off a buidling with tables on the ground and bamm head first through the table into ground :p

Now this would be the wildess mod lol.

but seriously I'm looking forward to editing hL 2.

you never know guys I could be the maker of the GFWW ( Gordan Freemans World wrestling )

lol

keep the ideas going guys :)

I would make a motocross racing mod with actual 3d people models in the crowd and have it so that you can shoot a dirtbike mounted cannon at them in midair. Also i would add so much crazy stuff like jumps over fire, wet spots on the track with low traction, low flying airplanes, rubber jump faces, moldable terrain for ruts in the track, mines, different vehicles competing, such as dune buggies and quads, low gravity areas, beautiful scenery beyond compare, a redneck and his sister going at it outside a trailer home, reactive suspension that "kicks" you off the face of the jump, engine power curve modelled so that high rpm is faster acceleration, flying through stained plate glass windows over the finish line jump.

i say we save a thread like this for when we actually play the game. im sure we will get great new ideas and be able to do things we havnt even thought of once we play it and see it in action.

but yah, theres just too many possibilities being opened up to come up with one solid idea...hmmm maybe a giant Dominos level with stuff that knocked other stuff and thing slike in mouse trap...that would be real fun

Back