Possible 'gold' party today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitcodfry

Reaction score
I was looking for Valve in Bellevue today, and almost gave up. As I was walking back to my car through the Bank of America building, I glanced at the building number and it matched with what directory assistance told me the location of Valve was.

I noticed there was a reception of some sort going on in a room at the lobby---and lemme tell you, these people didn't look like the type with social lives. This is pure bullshit speculation, but it's possible that Valve was throwing a 'gold' party or something like it. Here's hoping that was what it was.

One guy glared at me through the window as if he thought I was some sort of spy.

Yeah, I know this is like no evidence whatsoever but it still kept me hopeful.

go back with a camera! you can be the first gaming paparazzi

heh hope you're right...you should've hung out and took pictures with a telescopic lens and stuff...

Originally posted by manny_c44
Lying is a sin.

Why would I lie about something like that? Whoop-tee-doo I saw what appeared to be a reception that I have no confirmation as to what it was for. I said I was speculating. If you don't believe me the address is 10500 NE 8th ST in Bellevue, WA. Look it up online.

you should have picked up some hookers and walked in.

when they all scatter as you and the ladies enter, you can sneak around and find out what they were celebrating. get the girls to chase them around a bit

I thought they were in Kirkland. I might make a run by there tomorrow though, I would like to glare at them and hit the building with a crowbar or something.

Well it certainly looked like there was some big to do there. Catering tables, limousines parked out back with rough-looking mafia types waiting for people to arrive.

Originally posted by JaredFromSubWay
I thought they were in Kirkland. I might make a run by there tomorrow though, I would like to glare at them and hit the building with a crowbar or something.

Yeah they used to be. My most recent phonebook places their address their, too. I went by their old building last week and they weren't listed in the lobby. And some Indian dude I talked to didn't have any clue what Valve was. I just called directoy assistance this morning and that Bellevue address is the one they gave me. Also, I found a gamespy article last night that talked about them visiting their new offices in Bellevue.

Originally posted by d.sanchez
when they all scatter as you and the ladies enter, you can sneak around and find out what they were celebrating. get the girls to chase them around a bit

hahaha!

Dude just email gabe and see if it was. If it wasnt them prepare to be flamed if it was prepare to be....i donno cant come up with anything.:cheers:

It'd be awesome if it was the gold party. IF it is true...then they'd probably make an announcement about it soon...

If it's not a gold party...then what the hell is it? Somebody should email gabe or somebody about it. I think I've already bugged him enough.

EDIT: Oop... looks like he ^^^ said the same thing..

dude do you really live near valve? where is it? i mean i am in UK here so i wouldn't know even if u told me.

also come on man are you really lying?

I snuck into the party and got a shot!

team.jpg

Hes not lying but we dont have any proof at all that its valve only that its in the area. So dont get all giggly about it its probably not.

Well I guess it was nice to see a shot of the Half life 1 team. They look like a happy bunch there. Going by the websites last modified date for that pic(04-Dec-2001 23:48).

Originally posted by Heitai
Well I guess it was nice to see a shot of the Half life 1 team. They look like a happy bunch there. Going by the websites last modified date for that pic(04-Dec-2001 23:48).

It was actually taken in November 1998.

hahaha man, the first gaming P's... man we should all decide a date and take a road trip to WA... i'm up in ohio.. anyone down?!?!?

hal;gahahaha

Originally posted by palindrome
I snuck into the party and got a shot!

team.jpg

your both DUMB and a LIER man. plz say that was a joke, cause i have SEEN THIS PIC FOR HL1!'s release!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Can't imagine what other company it would've been for...most of the dudes there looked like the rich software type. Then again, most people in cosmopolitan Bellevue do.

Originally posted by Feath
It was actually taken in November 1998.

That is cool. I was just trying to point out that this wasn't a recent photo. I also hope that Spitcodfry gets good news from his email.
:cheese:

that's hysterical that hey had a head crab pinniata and a crowbar to beat it up with.

What the hell is this about?!

A message (from <[email protected]>) was received at 16 Sep 2003 21:40:21 +0000.

The following addresses had delivery problems:

<[email protected]>
Permanent Failure: 550_mail_from_204.127.198.35_rejected:_administrative_prohibition
Delivery last attempted at Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:40:22 -0000

If I posted my e-mail on here, could someone please cut and paste it to send to him?

After looking at that Pinata pic Gabe( I think that is him) is pretty brave for holding that pinata when the other guy is swinging a crowbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back