Post your reason why the delay is a GOOD thing!

T

Tido14

Everyone post how the delay will be good for you, even though we all know its a disappointment.

For me, the delay means I can get my GPA up and do some college apps! Hurray!

Sorry if something like this has been done before! Oh the confusion lately!

I guess its good for me b/c i have no money so i couldnt buy the game any way. Also i need a new vid card and also a new power supply b/c mines a P.O.S So if im gunna be happy its delayed that might as well be the reason.

So Valve can fix the game and make it bug free. That'd be good for me.

Reason

The reason I believe the HL2 delay will be good is: It will prevent suicides.

You see someone is about to suicide jump so you quickly power on your laptop and load up a HL2 Blink video. See man look what you have to live for. Wait around until the game is released. If it sucks then you can kill yourself and I may want to join ya.

If HL2 come out September 2004, i'll have a 4ghz, Radeon9900 Pro, 1.512GigaRaM, 200 Gig HD

Well, for them to have mentioned a "holiday release" while they were supposedly playtesting, they must have found a REALLY nasty bug/error in the game. I'm glad that they're on it fixing it. Hell, they never mentioned a release date. They could possibly even fix it within a week or two unknowingly, and release it in a week or two. We just do not know whats gonna happen from here.

ummm...good things come to those who wait..?

and maybe radeon prices will go down before it comes out.
so i can get my 9800 pro 256 sooner...

Better game. People can get more time to upgrade. Better game. Better hardware to run the game. Better game.

Gonna upgrade my whole comp!! best of the best hardware

Because I ruptured/ripped a ligament in my thumb. I can't play with myself, let alone HL2. I'm probably going to have surgery. I should be healed by the time HL2 comes out.

-Mr. Bildo

haha tore a ligament in ur thumb that sux. Right now i have a torn bicep and am getting an mri this friday. I can still play though b/c my chair has conveinyent(spelling) high arm rest so i can rest my injured wing upon them easlily w/ out pain.

To me, it's not. I'd play this game even in beta form. I'm that bored...

i can look forward to something for a long time now

Heh, it means that I can laugh at the idiots that spent $300 on a video card to play HL2 at 50fps @1024....only to have spent $300 on something they will fall in price by the time HL2 comes out in nov/dec.

theo reason

I think it's a good thing HL2 has been delayed for this reason, i can get my homework done for yet another semester!!!!

Anyways here's my incite why Valve has delayed HL2. Remember how Nvidia hardware does not perform well on HL2 because they need that specific code path for NV30+- gpus? I heard Nvidias new drivers will be able to make HL2 run a lot faster with lower image quality but with a new optimized code path for DX9 games. Since there are a lot of people out there with Nvidia hardware, Valve must be able to target all of those Nvidia users and have HL2 run optimally on their systems. So i see Valve is already done the game but is waiting for those new Nvidia drivers so they can pop that new driver into their source code and ship HL2 to everyone.

Just a theory in its own sense.

Things are hectic right now... I think I'll be more ready for it now with it being later and things have calmed down...

I'm saving up for a new computer, so the delay announcement was never so bad for me as it was for some other people.

Yes, it's a bit of a bummer that the game's delayed, but this is okay (I suppose...) for me because it gives me more time to:

1)Upgrade my PCs
2)Save up more money for said PCs
3)Finish working on my car(s). :D

buying 9800XT instead of the 9800Pro I planned to buy :D

1) Gives me time to upgrade machine for a good price.

2) Valve won't release a crappy bug-ridden bare-bones version of game.

3) Steam won't be utterly destroyed into pulp.

4) We'll get more content (SDK, multiplayer, mod tools...)

5) Cause......more marketing hype?......

Originally posted by Ares
To me, it's not. I'd play this game even in beta form. I'm that bored...
I completely agree. Ill get a bunch of my friends and we can patch it ourselves :p

I probably won't have to pay for it now if I just wait till my birthday in december or christmas. Same goes for Deus Ex 2 which I will likely buy though since I want it even more than HL2. And It also leaves me money to buy Max Payne 2 when it comes out.

Heh...I am off to Canada for the 6th to the 11th and was already dreading 6 days of the Jones'n if it was already out and I'd already gotten a taste.
Now? I only dread the Jones that will be caused by the interminable wait without ever knowing even when it is close to release for sure.

I guess I'll give more attention to Max Payne 2, instead of playing it a day and going back to HL2.

We'd better get some NEW media from Valve for fking with our heads for 2 months. The benchmark better go PUBLIC soon, as well as the 3 videos we were promised.

Come to think of it, a 4th totally new gameplay video we haven't seen would be nice as well.

I know it's wishfull thinking but I think it's the very least that Valve can do for us at this point.

Originally posted by Tido14
Everyone post how the delay will be good for you, even though we all know its a disappointment.

For me, the delay means I can get my GPA up and do some college apps! Hurray!

Sorry if something like this has been done before! Oh the confusion lately!
time for 9800 pro to go down in price

Time to buy a new rig. My 3 year old one doesnt cut it anymore.

Time to perhaps get a better video card, and maybe CPU.

More time to spend with my girlfriend, and I won't be annoying her by spending all evening on Half Life 2, and boring her by telling her how great it is.

There are a lot of good games coming out in the meantime. (Max Payne 2, Call of Duty, etc)

This is a good thread. It's good to think of what's good about a delay.

The game gets finished before it is released.

I agree with Feath, if that's the reason it was delayed. If it wasn't and was either Vivendi or Steam related, then I'll have to think of a different upside....

Its good as then I can skip buying the game and buy other games, and sure I will play the game in otherways :p

On the plus side it means that when HALO comes out next month (Oct 16th in the UK I think) it'll get everyone's full attention. Same goes for the other new games that are CONFIRMED to be released at the end of Sep / early Oct. On the negative side I've just upgraded to a Herc 9800 Pro for nothing. Although it's a pretty ninja card so I should'nt complain. HL2 have me the excuse I needed :p

weeeeeee!!!

it means i can get even more drunk at university!!!! wayhay all that money i saved to buy HL2...well now that goes on alcohol, so i won't even care that it's delayed..

pints all round lads...drink up

:cheers:

Because it will spawn such interesting threads such as this. Oh, how deleciously interesting this pile of shit is.

Back