Practical tips for a trip to England

I'm also going to England over the Summer. I'm doing a Study Abroad program at the University of Sussex at Brighton from late June to mid-August.

Tips/suggestions/places to get wasted?

Brighton, eh?

You want to hook up with Sulkdodds, he'll show you the ropes.

Maybe Munro too.

Yeah, do.

Things to do in Brighton: the Pier avec Donuts, beach and Sealife Centre. The Pavillion. The Downs. The Duke of York's Obscure Foreign Film And/Or Ancient Sci-Fi Cinema. My house. Multitude of clubs on the seafront. Multitude of pubs down London Road and near the station especially. I'll do some research for you, Jav! This research may or may not involve vodka!

Grab a train up to Wales for some sheep shaggin! :E

That reminds me, haven't seen Dekstar for a while D:

I'm dying to see England. Whenever I get the chance to visit I'll be sure to come visit some of you. You can all make fun of my silly American accent. A good time will be had by all.

Evo said:
Grab a train up to Wales for some sheep shaggin! :E

That reminds me, haven't seen Dekstar for a while D:
I'm 'ere Evo boyo. Been out tending the sheep ;)
[/stereotype]

Uh yeah Don't go to Sussex, as my sister attends it's university.

I hear she's....

.... Single....

:eek:

Hmm...

I guess "don't be a prat" would be the best advice I can offer.

I live about half an hour away from Sulkdodds. That's the easiest way to explain it.

Btw...Brighton is the gay capital of England, i'm serious here. Sulkdodds came onto me in pizza express (ok well not directly but i can read between the lines)

Hectic Glenn said:
Btw...Brighton is the gay capital of England, i'm serious here. Sulkdodds came onto me in pizza express (ok well not directly but i can read between the lines)

Yeah, half an hour away is far enough to not get any gay vibes. :hmph:

Well tbh, i haven't got a problem with that, i'm just warning folk who wouldn't know and might not find an evening in a gay bar much fun. Give it a try though, might be surprised, everyone is so nice! :D

I have nothing against gay people. I just find it highly uncomfortable.

If you're visiting Canterbury.. might as well head to Chicago Rock Churchills on a monday night, hell you'll probably see some of my friends :p

Steer well clear of council estates and Carling, and you should be fine.

ComradeBadger said:
If you're visiting Canterbury.. might as well head to Chicago Rock Churchills on a monday night, hell you'll probably see some of my friends :p
Where is it located?

Reginald said:
I have nothing against gay people. I just find it highly uncomfortable.

You need a bit of KY jelly or some butter. Will be a bit more comfortable then.

Glenn said:
You know you wanted it.

gick said:
Steer well clear of...Carling, and you should be fine.
I came up with an ad campaign for Carling:
"Carling: Why bother trying to taste your own genitals?"
It's palatable if it's so cold you can't taste it.

Another tip: If you go to London, bring lots of money. However, do not do that stupid thing of wearing your ruscksack on your front. It just screams "I'm a tourist with lots of stuff to be mugged for."

Sulkdodds said:
Don't drink the water! It makes you forget!
Over the course of two days (his time), Gordon neither drinks nor eats nor sleeps, all the while running around like a madman. That's hardcore.

lampy2.gif

sheep.gif

Yeah, Wales with me and Dek ftw! :D

Brighton is where some of my gay freinds(They all came out in one big chunk :S. I'm not gay though....yet) go on short holidays too.....

I have a stereotype, if you come from brighton your most likely to be gay lol.
But its not really true.

When in England, be sure to have a proper pub diner. Great fun. I love how the Brits go to the pub with the entire family.

Don't be alarmed if one of the natives (usually sporting a nike tick or addidas leaf) comes up to you with a very gorilla-like walk and asks for a fag. At this point you have 2 choices:
1) assume he means cigarettes and give him one (even if you're not carrying any)
2) give him a homosexual (even if you're not carrying any)

Also don't speak slowly to any of the locals, they'll feel patronised. Actually, it might be a safer idea not to speak to any locals at all...

Fear the shaved, tattoo'd zombie master sexual tyrannosaur.

Practical Tips For A Trip To England: Have a night out with CB "For nights you won't remember, but memories you'll never forget"

Stolen from Taking Liberties :p

rae said:
Don't be alarmed if one of the natives (usually sporting a nike tick or addidas leaf) comes up to you with a very gorilla-like walk and asks for a fag. At this point you have 2 choices:
1) assume he means cigarettes and give him one (even if you're not carrying any)
2) give him a homosexual (even if you're not carrying any)

Also don't speak slowly to any of the locals, they'll feel patronised. Actually, it might be a safer idea not to speak to any locals at all...
I know some British slang :p

I've already used the word fag in the meaning of a cigarette in a writing task for English at school, but the teacher needed some explanation, because she thought I just hated gay people. I think the sentence was "fags suck, and I can't believe anybody uses them".

And I'm not afraid from the English chavs. I'm 1,97 m... BRING IT ON!

Sulkdodds said:
Yeah, do.
I'll do some research for you, Jav! This research may or may not involve vodka!
Oh that's fine with me.

Munro is there too eh? I must meet you two.

Fact: if I study abroad in England during college, I am going clubbing with Angry Lawyer, Badger, and other assorted British members. This is non-negotiable.

Fact: You WILL get massively drunk if you try such a feat.

-Angry Lawyer

Back