Pre-Load Codename Gordon NOW via Steam

G0rgon said:
I DON'T have a steam. Does anyone know where to get it from ?
Only way of doing it.

Pre-Loading is an efficiant way of releasing a game if you think about it.

thx but

I am not going to DL Steam in order to get this game.

WaterMelon34 said:
LMAO they are trying to make it sound like there's a ton but a dozen is 6

[[LuCkY]] said:
A dozen is 12..
LOL pWn3d!!11!111!!!!1!11!!1 one five seven nine thirteen twelve one... :cheers:

it is sooo about time with this game!

I mean they dealyed so much

late on news
late on saying the release date
late on steam
but hey Best things comes to those who wait! :D

Codename Gordon is gonna be free right? :S After pre-load it'll be unlocked on release and playable?

yea it is going to be free! i been following the news :D
it is going to be cool. also i think there is a boss at the end of every level :) dont qoute me on that though but i think there is.

i know Strider is going to be on it and the flying vehicle thing is going to be on it, and the buggy! Man gonna be great! hehe

I know Badger, :D

Painlord, I am going to get it when HL2 is out, cause by the time HL2 is out I got a new system ready for it.

I am sure HL2 CDs/DVD will include Steam Program. is that possible ?

G0rgon said:
thx but

I am not going to DL Steam in order to get this game.
Then you aren't going to get the game, I'm afraid. What's wrong with downloading it, anyway?

Indeed...I was just using it to compare though :E

40 MB 2-D games are usually pretty massive.

Polykarbon said:
Indeed...I was just using it to compare though :E

40 MB 2-D games are usually pretty massive.

Either massive or full of soundeffects.

lol, anyone tried the pause button? It just carries on downloading as though it wasn't "paused". Couple of days, can't wait :D

Must be a lot of sound effects then. Although this isn't really strife for comparison, because Codename Gordon uses high res sprites, but; DooM 1 2 both don't combine to 40 MB.

Yeah, I've been using Flash for a long time, movies and webstuff and such, you can make a huge and long flashmovie or something and it won't even be more than 1mb, but once you start importing images and music/soundfiles into it , the size can reach as much as 40 megs.. I guess they're using alot of sounds from HL and such, and lots of .GIF images.

Yea...lots and lots.

Although, with 8 different enemies and 5 weapons...we'll see...

I bet there will be kick ass music.

yea i love 2d flash games! and i seen movie samples to it and it is looking very impressive!

the manapultor is looking sweet! gonna be cool :D

couple of days (i wouldn't count on it) I mean hl2d doesnt keep up to keeping thier news correct.

i would say week. maybe more

SOOOO hope i am wrong because i soo want to play this game!

What would be great is if you finished CG on Really Hard or whatever the release date flashes up on your screen for HL2. That would be sexy

I'm still curious on the number of levels. They said 6 and the newest news says "dozens" Dozens usually means more than 12... How many levels does this game really have??

Polykarbon said:
Correction, they said 6 chapters.

HMMM..... Here's hoping each chapter is set up like old mario games. Like 3 levels then a boss = ) that's 24 levels if you include Bosses as levels, which would constitute the "Dozens" :O :E

BlazeKun said:
HMMM..... Here's hoping each chapter is set up like old mario games. Like 3 levels then a boss = ) that's 24 levels if you include Bosses as levels, which would constitute the "Dozens" :O :E
:D THAT WOULD B3 t3H KeWl!!! :D:D
although:
i remember seeing some pics of each lvl, i had the impression that 6 lvls (or 8, whatever) is gonna be really only 6 or 8 lvls.. no sub lvls or whatever you call it... AND, i think at least a whole level is gonna be driving the buggy!! anyways, release it already!! i have the friggin icon in my desktop and am clicking avery 5 minutes in hope it finnaly works!!!

EDIT- but, yeah, here's hoping for that

Tarkus said:
:D THAT WOULD B3 t3H KeWl!!! :D:D
although:
i remember seeing some pics of each lvl, i had the impression that 6 lvls (or 8, whatever) is gonna be really only 6 or 8 lvls.. no sub lvls or whatever you call it... AND, i think at least a whole level is gonna be driving the buggy!! anyways, release it already!! i have the friggin icon in my desktop and am clicking avery 5 minutes in hope it finnaly works!!!

EDIT- but, yeah, here's hoping for that

Well if it's obviously done and the people at steam have most likely played it, I dunno why they would say dozens of levels if it's only 6. And with 2d games it's very easy to just use the same sprites over and over to make totally new levels that look totally different. So 6 chapters = 6 level styles = 24 levels HOPEFULLY!

Polykarbon said:
Correction, they said 6 chapters.
6 chapters?? hmmm, didnt read your post before my previous one.. so, if they say CHAPTERS, there is high possibility that sub lvls exist in one chapter..

here IS hope for that :D

BlazeKun said:
Well if it's obviously done and the people at steam have most likely played it, I dunno why they would say dozens of levels if it's only 6
played what? we cant play it yet...

Great! Now, instead of one, we're waiting for "two" release dates!!!! Thx Valve I drink a lot more coffee than I used to....

Pitbul said:
we already have it, does he mean it will become active in a couple days?
yes. that is what he was responding to. the question of when it would go live.

thus, we will be able to play within a couple days.

G0rgon said:
I know Badger, :D

Painlord, I am going to get it when HL2 is out, cause by the time HL2 is out I got a new system ready for it.

I am sure HL2 CDs/DVD will include Steam Program. is that possible ?

Rofl, 2300 posts on a Halflife2 forums and you dont have steam. :rolling:

Am I the the only one who thinks that It's gonna be released on steam and as a standalone product? Because I was damn sure that was the case......... You can always export the Flash files as an .EXE or and .HQX (for the mac users out there, whatever the extension it)

Brazooka said:
Great! Now, instead of one, we're waiting for "two" release dates!!!! Thx Valve I drink a lot more coffee than I used to....

Coffee? Are you crazy??!! Tips from an long time sufferer of Releasedatehypertension: Cut the sugar, cut the coffee, listen to Barry White..
A valerian tea sometimes helps as well ;)

Back