Prodigy

Asus

Reaction score
You guys played prodigy yet? What am I talking about, you are all probably playing it right now.
I really like what they did with it. Of course I've always loved prodigy. Hope they recreate Milita and Nuke. ;)

I did a little run around so here are some shots to show more of the level incase you have not had a chance to check it out.
Nothing too fancy 1024x768 2xAA/8xAF. Needed a little more AA but oh well.
T spawn
First Path
Stairs
Glass
Large room 2
Looking out
Down we go
Inside 2 3 4

Second Path
Hall 2 3
Choices
Windows 2 3
Control Room 2
Second Control Room 2 3
Vent 2 3

Looks good :)

I haven't got a chance to play it yet unfortunatly, but I will shortly.

I guess I wished assault would have come first.

Slightly different gameplay but it's still great.
Little harder to rush down the back hall and a little more cramped to defend. Nades are difficult to get where you want them. But challenges are what make it fun. :)

Love the sparks and lighting effect at CT spawn. ;)

I like it, some of the brush work made me forget it was prodigy but I came around to it and like it lots.

I hate the barrels down the second path...they always push me out the hallway so im a sitting duck..!! :(

h00dlum said:
I hate the barrels down the second path...they always push me out the hallway so im a sitting duck..!! :(

i guess thatl be sorted :D

I just love the dynamic lights :D

Although they arent truely dynamic.

Like i always have thought, the level design of prodigy is wicked!

But on this version, i hate the texturing, its too much

Mat...

too much? hahahahahaha

Looks like somebody can't get used to all these fancy-looking graphics to me...

There is a wee bit too much on the level especially at the CT spawn part with all the sparks and lighting effects, seems a tad choppy for me when i run through that part. Everywhere is just dandy.

I think it looks really great, it's a great map anyway but the graphical upgrades really help the atmosphere. Although I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the idea of Terrorists needing to bomb an old rundown computer station or whatever it is. In the old Prodigy the station looked a bit more up-to-date.

the map is great and all, but I hardly feel its a competitive map. I don't have a super powerful computer here, but like mentioned before the CT spawn point can really lag to high hell. For the most part I get the same frames as I do in all the other maps, and that's ok, but everytime the light flickers in the CT spawn point my game practically freezes. It redefines skipping. :/

Maybe its just me, who knows.

I liked it. When I ran outside I was like "Wow, I am outside". Not like in 1.6 where you don't get that feeling.

I do agree that rushing the tunnel is uber hard. Coupla AWP whores can hold off a rush no problem.

Overall I like it a lot. Nice take on an old classic.

P.S. I have an great system so freezing was NOT an issue.

ShmengeTravel said:
the map is great and all, but I hardly feel its a competitive map. I don't have a super powerful computer here, but like mentioned before the CT spawn point can really lag to high hell. For the most part I get the same frames as I do in all the other maps, and that's ok, but everytime the light flickers in the CT spawn point my game practically freezes. It redefines skipping. :/

Maybe its just me, who knows.

We're working on a few optimizations for Prodigy.

cliffe said:
Awesome, thank you!

And please, get some sleep. You deserve the rest. ;)

Javert said:
Awesome, thank you!

And please, get some sleep. You deserve the rest. ;)

He must be a night owl, apparently like you and I. great work on Prodigy btw cliffe looks fantastic.

Prodigy is friggen fine - if you want issues go play Aztec and its ridiculously bump mapped floor, my x800 pro drops to like 9fps when I look down at them.

Actually Im a dirty stinker liar, it seems they fixed it.

cliffe said:

Nice to cya Cliffe.

Good work on prodigy. One of my favourite maps.

You should make cs_docks official again. If not for the community, then out of respect for the great mapper Justin Dejong, maker of siege and docks. He was taken away from us far to early. Rest in peace mate. We all miss you.

i love the new map, but like the past "prodigies" the texturing is a little too much

great map to play though!!!

Thanks DUDES!!!

Back