Programmer with an idea

KrazyKlown

Reaction score
Well, I am a student programmer with experience in various languages that is looking for some expereince in working in games. I really interested in working with the HL2 SDK.

I currently have an idea for a mod that would be something like Silent Hill......a pyschological horror type of mod. I'd love to do something like this but I don't know how to get started.

If there is anyone out there that thinks this is an interesting idea or if there is a group that needs a programmer for an interesting mod, send me and e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks

well check in the mods section, another group planning something similar I think to Silent Hill

though if you wanted a really big programming challenge, you could work on my mod. But I think you'd rather stick pins in your eyes if you knew how much work would be involved on it :D

I see where you are coming from KrazyKlown, there hasn't been a lot of survival horror themed games created by mod-makers these days. I must admit when I first heard Resident Evil was going online, I was ecstatic. To walk around a house, or city for that matter, with friends hunting down an undying enemy is simply too great to miss. And with the Source Engine, taking a game like this from conception to production would be as simple as porting an Xbox game to the PC.

I'd love to collaborate with you and put this idea together. I can think of all the possibilities, wow -- sound design, level design, creative freedom -- would all be fun to tinker with. And something like this could happen anywhere so the environments would never go sour -- penthouses, bars, clubs, malls, churches, country sides -- and the Source Engine would render all these fantastically!

What do you say, KrazyKlown?

Stitch...your idea is great.....but how much expereince do you have in this case.

Fenric.....I love a good challenge.....what is your mod all about

I recently read about the Hell Blaze mod....that sounds like something I'm interested in.......I'm still weighing my options

Hey KrazyKlown. Just wanted to let you know I replied to your email with the details of my mod (well, sort of).

Well I can write, construct levels using a variety of editors -- WorldCraft, GtkRadiant, 3DS, UnrealED -- 3D and 2D art and basic webpage design, nothing mind blowing.

hey, we at Hell Blaze, are the kind of people, with the same idea... i think... and we are in desperate need of a programmer, come check us out, i can give you more information, if you are interested, as long as you dont tell everybody about it :dozey:.

aniways, contact me by email ( [email protected] ) or drop in our forums. either way is good. i check em both quite often.

btw, im the modeler of the team, but unfortunately, i seem to be the only one ( apart from simmo ) who comes and checks these forums for new recruits :dork:.

*edit* just read that you have seen our mod already :p

YEAH

hey random

I already talked to simmo. I'm looking forward to working with you guys.

thanks

Originally posted by Fenric1138
well check in the mods section, another group planning something similar I think to Silent Hill

though if you wanted a really big programming challenge, you could work on my mod. But I think you'd rather stick pins in your eyes if you knew how much work would be involved on it :D

Fenric, which mod is yours?

Back