Project Previews

S

SaSykes

Starting this thread to gather interest, perhaps a few modders, in an untitled (well it has a name, but I am waiting to register the domain before announcing) project.

Anyway, here's a few renders of the first weapon model, the M4A1 with M203 grenade launcher, and custom arm models. I still need to do some small detail parts on the rifle, but it's getting close. I am also interested in finding texture artist(s). I will create a nice skin map for the rifle (arms are mapped) soon.

M4A1-05.jpg

M4A1-06.jpg

not trying to sound like a dick... but how exactly are planning to gather interest and members for a mod with no name, and no description.. well, good luck anyway.

thats a good point. didnt there used to be a sticky for people wanting to start a new mod. and the person had written a really detail like what not to do list. it may have been on the doom3 forum. anyway i remember reading on there the author had said dont think that your idea is so unique and original that you have to keep it a secret.

It's not a secret, and I'm not saying "look at this great new mod!" for sure. This is the MODEL forum, so here is my model!

Get over the flame game children!

Edit: You also forgot to welcome me to the forum. Perhaps Hlaflife2.net is not the proper forum to join.

jeez take a chill pill. no one is flaming you. i wasnt aware you were new but welcome anyway.

Yeah i know this would be flaming you
WTF UR MODEL SUCKS OMFG LEARN TO USE A COMPUTER YOUR NOOB, NO ONE IS GONNA PLAY UR MOD IT IS TERRIBLE.

LOL

crackhead said:
looks great. good luck!
not trying to sound like a dick... but
where did u get flame from ? :S
it looks fairly ok its well optimised which is more than what i can say for most mods out there. it looks nice but im not a big fan of real guns.

Oh sorry, I woke up in a bad mood this morning. :flame:

Thanks for the compliments.

SaSykes said:
You also forgot to welcome me to the forum. Perhaps Hlaflife2.net is not the proper forum to join.
no, you forgot to introduce yourself.

All right then. Here's a new M4 Super 90 shotgun I started on last night. Again, still need to do some work before it is complete. The render is with no smoothing groups.

Benelli-M4-Super-90-06.jpg

And one with the first person arm models.

Benelli-M4-Super-90-07.jpg

Working the M4 Super 90 skin...

Benelli-M4-Super-90-09.jpg

It's around 75 percent complete.

yeh looks excelent i think you should start posting in help wanted and offered to build up a small team.

Thanks, but I still need to register the domain name before announcing the project. I would not mind finding a few modders along the way though.

Added a few more parts. Mainly the chamber, loader plate and new shell model.

Benelli-M4-Super-90-10.jpg

Benelli-M4-Super-90-11.jpg

Here's the M4 Super 90 rigged and exported.

HL Model Viewer:
Benelli-M4-Super-90-12.jpg

In Game:
Benelli-M4-Super-90-13.jpg

Benelli-M4-Super-90-14.jpg

The skin is still only 85 percent complete. I just wanted to get an idea how the model will look in game. A sort of inspiration to continue if you will.

did you do the mip maps urself? :/ bcus it looks like the pump grip gets really blurry on the 2nd or 3rd mm.

What? HL2 weapon models use mip maps? I don't think so.

Anyway, a I said, the skin (and skin map) is not complete.

Back