Promoting My Music

Mordekai5

Reaction score
Myspace.com/rebellioussociety

My artist name is Rebel, and I am currently trying to get my music out there on the web and locally in my area. Give it a listen and tell me what you think at this point, and my debut EP will be out on January 5th of 2009. WARNING: The music contains some violent lyrics, contains anti-religious topics, and maybe considered offensive content to some.

But with that, enjoy the listen. Even though its not that good, lol.

At 14 years old out of Athens, Texas; Rebel is a new artist on the scene attempting to make a name for himself in the horrorcore genre. With his Musick containing controversial themes such as Satanism, sexuality, violence, and other extreme lyrical content; he has overcome a large amount of hate and neglect in order to express himself through the musick he truly understands. With his new, debut EP "Rebellious With A Cause" being released online and locally on January 5th, 2009; he has already made plans to begin on his full LP album, which is expected to release in late Summer of 2009. With the future looking good for him now in terms of acceptance into the genre, even at his younger age, he hopes to reach fans of the genre with his musick and create a carrer for himself that will one day be remembered.
Write that yourself huh? Think you're pretty cool calling it "musick"? Rebellious With A Cause, brilliant.

"he has overcome a large amount of hate and neglect in order to express himself through the musick he truly understands"

Yes.. I'm sure. You're a rebel aren't you? ****ing lol.

I have a decent respect for fellow musicians but this is the most immature shit I've ever listened to. You're the worst thing that can happen to music. You give independent and amateur musicians a bad name. Trying to spread the stupid bullshit you only 'follow' because it sounded badass to you and you've got a lot of teen angst and nowhere to outlet.

Please grow the hell up so that not only do your lyrics not sound like they were written by a 14 year old (literally) but so that you can realize the way you're parading yourself like a complete and utter poser is just about the only way you can make that music of yours even worse.

I'm willing to bet this post of mine is just about the closest thing you're going to get to "hate" regarding what you're doing.

Reading the shit on your myspace brings me large amounts of laughter.

Ignore me if you want to, it'll only make you laugh (or cry) that much harder at yourself when you finally realize how stupid this is.

At least you got one thing right, from a musical standpoint it's not very good.

Though I'd be infinitely happier if it was JUST the music, no ridiculous lyrics or poser 'OMG HARDCORE **** JESUS' bullshit surrounding it.

Don't quit your day job.

Edit: You are insane.

It's not very good.

There you go.

If you want musical advice, I'd say rethink your entire genre choice, and at the very least learn to use a computer.

Really though, it's just not very good at all, and I would applaud the effort but it doesn't seem like you've made much of one.

I came, I cringed, I lol'd.

'Horrorcore'? Horrificallybadcore more like.

What the ****?
Did someone just take a giant shit on music?
The lyrics make 50 Cent look like a giant bowl of chocolate ice cream with sprinkles ontop
The chord progression on that first song is just HORRORible. It's out of key, and not in the tasteful sense.

You know what dude, keep on with the music, but DON'T go around showing it when it is absolute shit, or when it is just totally disrespectful to the entire community of musicians in the world. Not only that, but did I hear misogyny, and not the satire misogyny, but the "I'm very serious (and a horny 14 year old)" misogyny? **** off.

'I go home
masturbate upon myself
'til my dick bleeds.'

You might want to check that out.

Myspace.com/rebellioussociety
But with that, enjoy the listen. Even though its not that good, lol.

Is that some attempt to get sympathy for your music so someone can come up to you, hug you and say it's ok your music's great?

All I have to say is, you have some crazy-ass lyrics. it's scary..

Hmm, wow. Well, first, this is the internet, so you're going to get real opinions here, probably unlike what you're receiving now from your friends. And by posting this, you're just opening up yourself to this kind of shit. But hell, keep making music... at least you can laugh about it later when you're older.

Wow... Thank god I read the thread first. I am going to save my speakers from this bullshit, and possibly save my ears from bleeding. That is pretty self-centered of you to think that you are really that good. I mean that. The real artist hates everything he does, and comes to his audience with honesty, and respect for the audience, not for himself. He is there to please them, not himself. In music, it is not the message that matters, it's not the genre, the lyrics, it's the feel. Music is about having fun. Think about it, when people pop in a record, they don't want to think about how horrible the world is, because that makes you angry.You listen to music to escape that, and I think that is mostly what has been lost, is that everyone thinks that they have to voice their god damned opinion about everything, and I just want to have a little fun. It seems your lyrics are enough to make someone vomit from laughing so hard, and being disgusted at the same time.

yet, I didn't listen, so I'll reserve further judgment.

I listened to all 3 tracks.

If you're still reading this thread, I'm curious what program you used to make them. Are you even composing everything yourself or are you using canned loops?

I listened to all 3 tracks.

If you're still reading this thread, I'm curious what program you used to make them. Are you even composing everything yourself or are you using canned loops?

Yes, everything is made by me, thats probably why it sounds like total shit. I wont doubt that, y'know? I use fruity loops for most of this, and a second hand computer mic. Like I've said before, you have to start somewhere, right?

Do it without all the poser shit. Nobody is going to take you seriously with this shit, except for the people who are as immature as you.

The people who are actually skilled musicians aren't going to give you any constructive comments because of all the poser shit, so you'll get nowhere.

Do it without all the poser shit. Nobody is going to take you seriously with this shit, except for the people who are as immature as you.

The people who are actually skilled musicians aren't going to give you any constructive comments because of all the poser shit, so you'll get nowhere.

I am erm...confused...what do you mean by poser shit?

He's not serious heh. Ok you've obviously picked a very specific genre that doesn't appeal to the masses. Nothing wrong with that but you need to think about how you are coming across. When you listen to the artists on this serial killing label try to identify what you like about it. I'd wager they sound like crazed hell-bound lunatics that are scared of nothing and sound very intimidating. Now I'm honestly not trying to be condescending but yours doesn't sound intimidating it sounds like... a 14 year old talking over some fruity loops.

It sounds like you are reading your lines but it doesn't sound like you actually believe them. You need to evoke more emotion cuz right now you sound like microsoft sam. If you ARE reading your lines stop right there and memorize them before you try to record. Don't be afraid to cut stuff that just plain sucks and if you hit on something you really like make a chorus out of it. Maximize your best stuff and minimize your weaknesses. Your beats, imo, don't sound flawed exactly but they are extremely simple to the point where they merely serve as white noise to hide your mistakes. Try to give them some kind of hook.

Think about it, when people pop in a record, they don't want to think about how horrible the world is, because that makes you angry.You listen to music to escape that, and I think that is mostly what has been lost, is that everyone thinks that they have to voice their god damned opinion about everything, and I just want to have a little fun.
ITT - Broad, sweeping statements.

Yes, everything is made by me, thats probably why it sounds like total shit. I wont doubt that, y'know? I use fruity loops for most of this, and a second hand computer mic. Like I've said before, you have to start somewhere, right?

Also ITT - FL gets even more of a bad reputation.

It's not very good.

There you go.

If you want musical advice, I'd say rethink your entire genre choice, and at the very least learn to use a computer.

Really though, it's just not very good at all, and I would applaud the effort but it doesn't seem like you've made much of one.

This. Listen to the Kivi doctor kid.

Personally I think you should just stop right now if you are considering writing music like that. The genre is a disgrace and an insult to proper musicians everywhere, same goes for death metal and all the similar ones, they should stop what they are doing and commit themselves to a mental house.

I seriously lol'd at one of your pics:

l_f49d1a53eff343f4a9297a52d32c1f72.jpg

Your music sucks btw and you are a disgrace to society.

I seriously lol'd at one of your pics:

l_f49d1a53eff343f4a9297a52d32c1f72.jpg

Your music sucks btw and you are a disgrace to society.
He wants feedback on his music, which overall hasn't been positive. What the hell is with the 'disgrace to society', who are you to judge him as a person for his musical tastes. Sort yourself out...

He wants feedback on his music, which overall hasn't been positive. What the hell is with the 'disgrace to society', who are you to judge him as a person for his musical tastes. Sort yourself out...

Maybe so. I apologize. I just don't agree with his satanistic views and the other garbage outlooks he has on other people and their beliefs.

Was a pretty funny picture I must admit haha.

I just... I just can't believe you're taking yourself seriously with this. Horrorcore? WTF?

Personally I think you should just stop right now if you are considering writing music like that. The genre is a disgrace and an insult to proper musicians everywhere, same goes for death metal and all the similar ones, they should stop what they are doing and commit themselves to a mental house.

This

Yes

char

I don't think you can consider all this shit he's into as simply a "musical taste" Glenn. If it was, there wouldn't be a problem, because most of us have very diverse tastes in music and don't go hating on people for no reason.

What rhythm there is , is messed up big time. It changes at random needless places. And that's just the "instrumental (lol)" part of it.

The lyrics are in dire need of work. For starters "wut?" and second of all "lolwut?". Your lyrics are just bad , in pretty much all senses. I generally don't mind Controversial lyrics and stuff but this is just being weird and "gross (to some people , but not me)" for the sake of it. They have no meaning at all. And worse of all it sounds like a spoken word album by William Shatner.

In short ; find some other profession because music clearly is not for you.

Sounds like a mix between Bo Burnham and Weird Al Yankovich.

Revived, to throw in my 2 cents.

First, as a musician.

Critical Details:
- You tend to like half-steps in your bass accompaniment a bit too much. The bass line to all four of those tracks are exactly the same, only with a different sound patch. I'm not against chromaticism at all (in fact I play a lot of chromaticism myself), but when getting your music out there, you should show your audiences the boundaries of your composition ideas. It seems like you just have the one sound that you like. "Ooh, a bass that goes up and down in half-steps. Sounds eerie." The more you use it, the less creative it is. The lesson is: compose diversely.

- You have a tendency to get off-beat with your lyricism. Re-record with more rhythmic integrity. That's all I can say.

- You lack energy. I'm not suggesting a blood-lust roar. As someone stated before, it sounds like it's being read off a teleprompter. Whatever one does in music it must be done with conviction, nothing half-assed.

Someone mentioned earlier along the lines of music existing to escape a person's reality, that music is a separate world that shouldn't tell people about how bad life is and make them feel horrible. I'd be lying if I told you as a general statement that all music must be separate from what goes on in our personal lives. All lyrical music is about some story or another, as is most instrumental music depending on the genre. However, you'll have a pretty narrow audience if every song links back to the same outlook on life (which is probably your intention).

That notion provokes me into believing that the purpose behind the lyrics you write down is first and foremost to get people to know that you are controversial. Your intention isn't to write musical phrases in your lyrics, but to share how rebellious you are to society, explicitly. You write these messages to embolden yourself and your views, rather than giving it to an audience. Part of the definition of music to me is that music is meant to be heard by people; a gift from musician to audience - a very purposeful relationship. Right now your music isn't for people, it's for yourself. That's fine, just don't walk table-to-table at your school selling your CDs if you know (which you do) that you are being controversial for the sake of being controversial. There's no real meaning to it. Sure, you might think your meaning is to convey your views, spirituality, and anti-society sentiment. Upon listening to the string of lyrics, I got the sense that you were just ... writing words, that all sound purposefully hateful. "Hmm, yes, a few curse words here... I long for the Devil's touch - ooh, sounds dark." I could be completely wrong, and you could be the Mozart composer of Satanist music, but that was what I got from listening.

As a human being, I couldn't be more opposed to the message of your music. I am for what you are against - life. Music is about life, and in life we all have disagreements, so on that level of distinction I'll agree to disagree. I'm not posting to preach any sermons, though.

Revived, to throw in my 2 cents.
Upon listening to the string of lyrics, I got the sense that you were just ... writing words, that all sound purposefully hateful. "Hmm, yes, a few curse words here... I long for the Devil's touch - ooh, sounds dark." I could be completely wrong, and you could be the Mozart composer of Satanist music, but that was what I got from listening.

that's my new sig just so you know.

and on topic:

To be painfully honest with you. You strike me as. Well, someone going through puberty, who has no idea who he is or what he wants to be. And that show's in your music because it sounds very fake and "oh look how bad i am.".

No one wants to listen to that and anyone with a working brain can tell you it sounds totally fake.

So go live life and figure out who you are.
and if that's too much to ask then just write about that. Because if your music is at least earnest or passionate, then it'll get you at least started

Back