PS3 or Wii

Should I buy a PS3 or a Wii

• Total voters
Can anyone imagine surfing the web on the DS? That would be redicu- wait a second, that could actually work.

I don't think a lot of you own a PS3. Or if you do, you're fooling yourselves. Or like Warbie said, you have no friends.

I currently have a PS3, PS2, and Dreamcast hooked up to my TV. Guess which ones get played. Go ahead and guess. You want a hint? The systems that

ACTUALLY HAVE GAMES

FFS people stop lying to yourselves. This system has no games. Show me the games. Really. Show me the games that you actually play on a constant basis with this thing. Because obviously I don't have those magical, mystical games that offer you the fun and enjoyment on a PS3.

PS3 never gets played with my friends and I. We're too busy playing River City Ransom and Contra 3 on the Wii. Enjoy your no games and no friends and your endless demos at the Playstation Store, and your WEB BROWSING with R3 so you can read the damn text even on a 42" 1080i TV.

I can't believe some people actually voted for Wii.
If you're gonna buy a console then buy a PS3 or Xbox 360.

The PS3 has:

Uncharted
Killzone 2
Resistance 1 and 2
Metal Geasr Solid 4
Motorstorm
Ratchet and Clank

I don't call that no games. Sorry if it offends you darkside but I like my PS3 even if it is not my main gaming platform (PC)

Doesn't offend me, man, I'm just wondering where the games are. Don't get me wrong.

Killzone 2 and Resistance are your typical brown-and-gray shooters. MGS 4 is a wonderful game with zero replay value. Uncharted...eh, pretty good. Ratchet and Clank's always good but again, the problem with the games you listed is that none of them have longevity. There's no staying power for these games. Motorstorm I haven't played, so I'll omit that one.

Plus, look, you've got what, six games on that list? SIX? One less and I could count all the "good" PS3 games on one hand. ONE HAND. Seriously man, I knew this thing didn't have games when I bought it; I bought it as a cheaper blu-ray player to go with the HDTV (standard blu-ray players were $399 or more at the time, same as PS3) with the hope that maybe someday if there was a good exclusive on it I'd have it, just in case. I have yet to see this occur.

I'm just waiting to see when other PS3 owners will wise up and realize that Sony really isn't "good for it," no matter how good the PS2 was. This system has failed as a gaming console. There are no good exclusives. The only good games are multiplat.

The big games I tend to blow through once or twice, what keeps me coming back are the PSN games.

Wipeout HD
Super Stardust HD
Pixeljunk Eden
Pixeljunk Monsters
Flow

All the above I play very regularly, especially Flow after a long day of college.

I don't see why you keep trying to convince PS3 owners that their choice was a bad one Darkside. If you don't like your PS3 then why not sell it? Lately, I've been playing LBP and Valkyria Chronicles during my free time. I pop in MGS4 occasionally to play MGO, and I've played through Uncharted twice because it's a lot of fun (I'll probably play it a 3rd to to scour for any remaining treasures). There are plenty of PSN games that I play multiple times as well. I have KZ2 on pre-order because it looks like a very solid FPS with a fun multi-player component. I also do use it as a blu-ray player, and have been slowly working on my collection as I find good deals. In all honestly, I am quite happy with my purchase, regardless of what your opinions may be. Currently, PS3 looks to be the only current generation console to have worthy exclusives in the pipeline.

I don't sell it because I still use it as a blu ray player. That's what I bought it for. I'm still getting my money's worth out of what I actually purchased the product for. Had I purchased it as a game console I would not be getting my money's worth.

And the reason I'm trying to convince people their choice was a bad one was because to admit defeat, Sony fans need a public shaming. You're not playing your PS3 because you like it, you're playing it because you bought one and are trying to get your money's worth out of it. Come on dude, out of all the games listed in this thread the only really good one were MGS and Valkyria Chronicles--the latter which had horrible sales for some inexplicable reason. Games on PSN amount to shit that you could play on popcapgames, or have you not noticed how Bejeweled 2 is a featured game at the Playstation Store?

"In the pipeline" is just optimism. May it hold you over.

And if you like your PS3, then fuck what I say. But for the OP, whose original question was "PS3 or Wii," well I'm going to tell him right up front that if you're interested in buying a gaming console you might want to have some ACTUAL GAMES TO PLAY. And not just the library of Wii games, but you get yourself some Wii points and holy shit it's like you're in the past playing River City Ransom with your friends at 3am laughing because you just hit player 2 with a tire by accident, and he wants revenge so he comes after you with a pipe and you're like, "I'm sorry, it was an accident!"

And later on in the night you might be like, "You guys want to play Tekken 5 DR, or maybe do the RE demo again?" And everyone's like, "No. Let's play Super Mario World."

Wii. Especially if you have friends or like classic games.

And the reason I'm trying to convince people their choice was a bad one was because to admit defeat, Sony fans need a public shaming. You're not playing your PS3 because you like it, you're playing it because you bought one and are trying to get your money's worth out of it.
Your post would've had integrity, and I would have respected it if it wasn't for that gross generalisation. I can assure you I play my PS3 because I like it, otherwise I'd be playing on my Wii or PC instead. In fact, some of the happiest times of my life have been playing LBP with my best mate, laughing so hard I was nearly paralytic. Don't try and label someone as a "Sony fan" for enjoying games on the PS3 in some vain attempt to invalidate their opinion.

PC.
Then 360.
Then PS3.
Then DS.
Then Wii.

The PS3 is fine as a games machine if you don't already have a 360, and especially if your PC is aging. Even if you have these other platforms there's the odd must have gem. Like Darkside, I got mine for the Blu-ray player, which is awesome.

The Wii is also awesome, but if someone buys ones to replace the PS2 under the tv they're going to be disappointed - it just doesn't cut it as a traditional games console. If you're at Uni and constanly have people coming in and out of your dorm, or have friends back from school most days, it is the best console on the market.

So basically, do you want somethng to fill the PS2 shaped hole under the tele, or a party games console that also comes with Nintendo first party games?

Okay in that regard then darkside tell me all of the 360 exclusives that aren't

halo 3
halo wars
halo 3 odst
gears 2

Also those 6 games were off the top of my head there's more like LBP as well.

* 1XR

A

* Absolute: Blazing Infinity
* Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
* Aegis Wing
* America's Army: True Soldiers
* Amped 3
* Apocalypse: Desire Next
* Assault Heroes 2
* Axiom: Overdrive

B

* Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
* Bankshot Billiards 2
* Basement Pool
* Battlezone (XBLA)
* Beat'n Groovy
* Beautiful Katamari
* Blue Dragon
* Blue Dragon 2
* Bomberman Live
* Bomberman: Act Zero
* Boom Boom Rocket
* Bullet Witch

C

* Carcassonne (video game)
* Castle Crashers
* Catan
* Chromehounds
* Cloning Clyde
* Coffeetime Crosswords
* Commanders: Attack of the Genos
* Crackdown
* Crazy Mouse
* Culdcept Saga

D

* Dance Dance Revolution Universe
* Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2
* Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3
* Dancing Stage Universe
* Dancing Stage Universe 2
* Dash of Destruction
* Dead or Alive 4
* Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
* Dead or Alive: Code Chronos
* Demons of Mercy
* Diario: Rebirth Moon Legend
* Discs of Tron
* The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
* Domino Master
* Double D Dodgeball

E

* Earth Defense Force 2017
* Every Extend Extra Extreme
* Every Party

F

* F.E.A.R. Files
* Fable II
* Fable II Pub Games
* Forza Motorsport 2
* Forza Motorsport 3

F cont.

* Frogger 2 (XBLA)
* Full Auto
* FunTown Mahjong
* Fuzion Frenzy 2

G

* Galaga Legions
* Gears of War 2
* Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
* Gin Rummy (XBLA)
* Go! Go! Break Steady
* Golf: Tee It Up!
* Guilty Gear 2: Overture

H

* Halo 3
* Halo 3: ODST
* Halo Wars
* Halo: Chronicles
* Hexic 2
* HoopWorld

I

* The Idolmaster: Live For You!
* Import Tuner Challenge
* Infinite Undiscovery

J

* Jetpac Refuelled

K

* Kameo: Elements of Power
* Kengo: Legend of the 9
* Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
* A Kingdom for Keflings

L

* Lips (video game)
* Little Gamers (video game)
* Lost Cities (video game)
* Lost Odyssey
* Love Football

M

* MLB Stickball
* Marble Blast Ultra
* Mobile Ops: The One Year War
* MotoGP '06
* Mr. Driller Online
* Mutant Storm Empire
* Mutant Storm Reloaded

N

* Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
* Naruto: The Broken Bond
* Ninety-Nine Nights
* Ninety-Nine Nights II
* Ninja Blade
* Ninja Gaiden II (2008 video game)
* Novadrome

O

* Omega Five
* Operation Darkness
* The Outfit (video game)
* Over G Fighters

P

* Pac-Man Championship Edition
* Perfect Dark Zero
* Pinball FX
* Poker Smash
* Project Gotham Racing 3
* Project Gotham Racing 4
* Project Sylpheed

R

* Race Pro
* Raiden Fighters Aces
* Raiden IV
* Ridge Racer 6
* Rocket Riot
* Rocky and Bullwinkle (video game)
* Rumble Roses XX

S

* Saints Row (video game)
* Scene It? Box Office Smash
* Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action
* Schizoid (video game)
* Screwjumper!
* Shadow Assault: Tenchu
* Shed (videogame)
* Shred Nebula
* Shrek n' Roll
* Small Arms (video game)
* Soltrio Solitaire
* South Park (XBLA)
* Spectral Force 3: Innocent Rage
* Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe (XBLA)
* SpongeBob SquarePants: Underpants Slam
* Spyglass Board Games
* Star Ocean: The Last Hope
* Street Trace NYC

T

* Tales of Vesperia
* Tenchu Z
* Tengai Makyou Ziria: Haruka naru Jipang
* Tetris Splash
* Tetris: The Grand Master
* Texas Hold 'em (video game)
* The Maw (video game)
* Ticket to Ride (video game)
* Too Human
* TotemBall

U

* Undertow (video game)
* Unnamed Treasure Shooter
* Uno Rush
* User talk:DranzerX13/Sandbox

V

* Vigilante 8 Arcade
* Viva Pi?ata: Party Animals
* Viva Pi?ata: Trouble in Paradise

W

* WarTech: Senko No Ronde
* Wing Commander Arena
* Wits and Wagers (video game)
* Word Puzzle (video game)
* Worms (2007 video game)

X

* Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged

Y

* Yaris (video game)
* You're in the Movies

Z

* Zegapain NOT
* Zegapain XOR
* Zombie Wranglers

to PS3
A

* ActiveDogs
* Afrika (video game)
* Aqua Vita (video game)
* Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories

B

* Blast Factor
* Boku no Natsuyasumi 3
* Buzz!: Quiz TV

C

* Calling All Cars (video game)
* Cash Guns Chaos
* Chain Limit
* Crash Commando
* Cross Edge

D

* Dark Mist
* Demon's Souls
* Derby Time Online
* Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

E

* Elefunk (video game)
* Ember (video game)
* Everybody's Golf 5
* Everyday Shooter
* The Eye of Judgment
* Eyedentify

F

* Fat Princess
* Feel Ski
* Fifth Phantom Saga
* Final Fantasy Versus XIII
* Flower (video game)
* Folklore (video game)
* Formula One Championship Edition

G

* GTI Club+: Rally C?te d'Azur
* Genji: Days of the Blade
* God of War III
* Gran Turismo 5
* Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
* Gran Turismo HD Concept

H

* Haze (video game)
* Heavenly Sword
* Heavy Rain

H cont.

* High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition
* High Velocity Bowling

I

* InFamous
* Initial D Extreme Stage

K

* Killzone 2

L

* L.A. Noire
* Lair (video game)
* The Last Guy
* Linger in Shadows
* Little House in the Plateau
* LittleBigPlanet
* LocoRoco Cocoreccho

M

* Magic Ball (video game)
* Mahjong Taikai IV
* Mainichi Issho
* Massive Action Game
* Megazone 23: Aoi Garland
* Metal Gear Online
* Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
* Metropolismania 3
* Mist of Chaos
* Miyasato Miyoshi Kyoudai Naizou: Sega Golf Club
* Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
* Monster Madness: Grave Danger
* MotorStorm
* MotorStorm: Pacific Rift

N

* Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
* Noby Noby Boy
* Novastrike (video game)
* Nucleus (video game)

P

* PachiPara DL Hyper Sea Story In Karibu
* Pain (video game)
* PixelJunk Eden
* PixelJunk Monsters
* PixelJunk Racers
* Piyotama
* Poncotsu Roman Daikatsugeki Bumpy Trot 2
* The Punisher: No Mercy

Q

* Quantum Theory (video game)

R

* Railfan: Chicago Transit Authority Brown Line
* Railfan: Taiwan High Speed Rail
* Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
* Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
* Resistance 2
* Resistance: Fall of Man
* Ridge Racer 7
* Ryū ga Gotoku 3
* Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan!

S

* SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
* Savage Moon
* Shiki-Tei
* Shin Megami Tensei (Working Title)
* SingStar (PlayStation 3)
* Siren: Blood Curse
* Sky Diving (video game)
* Snakeball
* Spelunker HD
* Super Rub 'a' Dub
* Super Stardust HD
* Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

T

* Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
* Time Crisis 4
* Tori-Emaki
* Toy Home
* The Trials of Topoq

U

* Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
* Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
* Under Siege (2009 video game)
* Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

V

* Valkyria Chronicles

W

* Wangan Midnight (PlayStation 3 game)
* WarDevil: Unleash the Beast Within
* Warhawk (PlayStation 3 game)
* White Knight Chronicles
* Wipeout HD
* Wipeout PS3

Y

* Yamasa Digi World DX

Counting all those crap games, 360 has about 50 more exclusives.

Okay in that regard then darkside tell me all of the 360 exclusives
Considering I haven't said one word about 360 in this thread I don't see why you'd ask me to name 360 exclusives for you. This is a debate between PS3 and Wii, not PS3 and 360, or a debate between PS3, Wii, and 360.

I will say though that right now I'd really like to play Tales of Vesperia and I can't.

I think some people are confused. I already own a 360 and I don't have a good computer for gaming(I'm not buying a new computer, because the one I have now is still new). This is a thread for the Wii and the PS3, not about the 360.

So how are the online games for these two consoles?

I think some people are confused. I already own a 360 and I don't have a good computer for gaming(I'm not buying a new computer, because the one I have now is still new). This is a thread for the Wii and the PS3, not about the 360.

So how are the online games for these two consoles?

One is free....I like that idea.

Through the games I've played, I am really enjoying the online version of the PS3. I'm not quite sure what the big fuss is about it? It does exactly what I want it to do. Gets me connected with other people to play a game, and no extra shiny shit to charge me $10 a month for.

Depending on how much it cost, he could've gotten something quite good if he combined that money with the amount he has for a ps3 now.

Depending on how much it cost, he could've gotten something quite good if he combined that money with the amount he has for a ps3 now.

I have to admit though the PS3 is quite expensive so hes already half way there.

ps3 because while its games library is getting better, the wii's is getting worse.

My list goes.

1. PC - Best aiming, and how do you think games are made? On a platform console? I don't think so.
2. PS3 - Only decent new gen gaming platform console that doesn't break after 3 months of gameplay, or buying 3rd party hardware.
3. PS2 - Res4, SH3, MGS3, dvd for standard T.V. sets.

Playing PS3 at a friends house:
1) LBP for a little bit
2) Rock Band for a little bit
3) CoD4 for a little bit

then:
"Want to play Brawl?"

A game library doesn't get worse. Or atleast not in anyway that matters. The ratio of shit games to good games released on any console is 10:1. It doesn't matter unless you buy them.

Enjoy your LBP and no other fun games that can't be played on 360 or PC.

"Want to play Brawl?"

After a couple weeks, my friends and I slowly lost interest after we realized that it was basically melee with a few more characters. I kind of wish that Street Fighter 4 would have a 4-player tag team style mode.

You kidding bro? It always needed to be Melee with more shit. And hell if it doesn't have a lot more shit.

You kidding bro? It always needed to be Melee with more shit. And hell if it doesn't have a lot more shit.

It gets old after a while, at least for us. Especially after having played melee for so long. I wish Nintendo would try to make some new IPs for once.

Does not compute.

It's the same deal with all of Nintendo's other long running multi-player series: Mario Kart, Mario Party, Wario Ware.. All are solid games, but after playing them for so long without much changing from game to game, interest begins to wane. While you may not feel this is true, I certainly do.

why'd u get a new non-gaming pc?

Because I got this ****in' awesome mac that has a lot of usefull programs as a gift (no I don't want to download Leopard). The only game I've gotten for it is Spore (fun, but a huge disappointment).

2. PS3 - Only decent new gen gaming platform console that doesn't break after 3 months of gameplay, or buying 3rd party hardware.

Actually my 360 hasn't broken once and I've had it for over a year.

I heard that some of the Wii online games have some problems. Is this true?

Back