PS3 or Wii

Should I buy a PS3 or a Wii

• Total voters
As a Wii owner, I'd highly suggest agaisnt the Wii. I've owned it for close to a year now and only have Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii. I also haven't played it for the past 3 months and when I finally got around to doing so, because I felt like I had to, there were graphical artifacts/glitches everywhere. Same goes with my DS (except that still works, I think), I never play it and only own 3 games for it. Why did I even bother.

Also worth mentioning that I have not bothered to read any of this thread except the original post but I felt like sharing anyway.

Of course you don't play it - you only have 2 games on the Wii!

And 3 games for the DS!! You are committing gaming crimes here.

Call me crazy, but why not pick up Galaxy (still the best game of this generation imo), Zelda or Metroid? hotd: Overkill just came out and that's great. I recently mentioned a shed load of good DS games in the review thread and they represent just a tiny amount of the DS titles worth picking up.

The main reason the PS3 has the Wii beat in single player games is due to the PS3/360 multiformat titles (which is why owning both platforms isn't such great value). When it comes to exclusive single player games alone, the Wii is every bit as strong (i'd argue stronger). The machine may be aimed at party gaming, but don't let that get in the way of the excellent, more tradtional games that are available.

There's Lost Winds too!

Considering I haven't said one word about 360 in this thread I don't see why you'd ask me to name 360 exclusives for you. This is a debate between PS3 and Wii, not PS3 and 360, or a debate between PS3, Wii, and 360.

I will say though that right now I'd really like to play Tales of Vesperia and I can't.

I''m just trying to defend the PS3 :(

Probably because a gaming pc costs a shitload and some people have to work for a living.
Well that doesn't compute, does it? If you work, save some of that income to spend $1000 on a PC that can play games. People who don't work for a living are more likely to be the ones without gaming PCs.

It gets old after a while, at least for us. Especially after having played melee for so long. I wish Nintendo would try to make some new IPs for once.

1232600890964tw6.png

I''m just trying to defend the PS3 :(
Let it go, my son.

It's the same deal with all of Nintendo's other long running multi-player series: Mario Kart, Mario Party, Wario Ware.. All are solid games, but after playing them for so long without much changing from game to game, interest begins to wane. While you may not feel this is true, I certainly do.

We're arguing different things. If you ever expected Brawl to be fundimentally different from Melee I don't have any idea what gave you that idea. Sequels are the continuation of a game story or improvement on a game in general.

Well that doesn't compute, does it? If you work, save some of that income to spend $1000 on a PC that can play games. People who don't work for a living are more likely to be the ones without gaming PCs.

Oh it computes very much BECAUSE IF YOU ARE WORKING YOU HAVE BILLS TO PAY among other things.So unless youve got money to burn or a top job you cant just go round buying brand new +1000pounds gaming pcs at will.

EDIT:why isnt the pound symbol working?

Oh it computes very much BECAUSE IF YOU ARE WORKING YOU HAVE BILLS TO PAY among other things.So unless youve got money to burn or a top job you cant just go round buying brand new +1000pounds gaming pcs at will.

That's why he said to save for it. :rolleyes:

Oh and 1GBP != 1USD. You can build a gaming PC for under 500 quid which would play games as well as the current consoles. If you have a monitor already or are willing to use a TV as monitor, even better.

We're arguing different things. If you ever expected Brawl to be fundimentally different from Melee I don't have any idea what gave you that idea. Sequels are the continuation of a game story or improvement on a game in general.

Well yes, I don't have a problem with sequels for most single player games, seeing that there's usually a story involved and you usually aren't playing the single player off and on for years. With long running multi-player series such as those mentioned, it's a different story. I like fresh multi-player experiences every now and then, which is why I picked up LBP.

The PS3 sucks, all consoles suck. Anyone who actually plays one is doing it out of buyer's remorse.

All these new gen consoles suck, your choices are consoles that break, consoles with the same damn game since 1984, and consoles that work, but isn't as popular as it should be and is expensive as ****. WHAT HAPPEND, platform games are now 60$ and have been out for about over a year, that is ridiculous. PC is best for gaming for so many reasons and more, a computer wasn't even invented for the purpose of gaming. Plus you get user created mods and custom content free, online play is free, PC is the only console for me.<(ryhmes lol) I am a gamer and a game designer, and If I had to resort to a platform console, I would just go outside and throw Double D batteries at my local Mega-Lo-Mart and get arested, trialed, and convicted.

cow said:
That's interesting, your the first person I've heard say that.

No, he's the second person. I've been saying that the ENTIRE THREAD. Which is why I'm advising you to buy a Wii.

Eh, everybody has their own opinion upon what you should buy, but hell...buy what you want. There are always going to be biased answers on this subject. Hell, even the great 360 VS PS3 argument made a show....

Well yes, I don't have a problem with sequels for most single player games, seeing that there's usually a story involved and you usually aren't playing the single player off and on for years. With long running multi-player series such as those mentioned, it's a different story. I like fresh multi-player experiences every now and then, which is why I picked up LBP.

I'm not saying new and interesting gameplay is bad, I'm just saying classic gameplay that's with more content and slight improvements is usually far more reliable.

Eh, everybody has their own opinion upon what you should buy, but hell...buy what you want. There are always going to be biased answers on this subject. Hell, even the great 360 VS PS3 argument made a show....

Please none of that. I want to hear everyone's opinions.

WII. WII. WII.

If you have many friends or family and you like simple, interesting and innovative, WII.
If you want quality games, want to show off and if you are hungry for a "real" console, PS3

PS3. PS3 .PS3.

I'm starting to lean towards the PS3 after seeing the God of War 3 trailer on the other thread.

Buy a Wii now and a PS3 when the price drops (within months supposedly). My 360 gets so little use right now that it is criminal. I only use it for Mass Effect and Test Drive: Unlimited. :eek:

I have not played the first two but I've heard they're very good from everyone I've asked.

I actually use my 360 a lot. I might buy a PS3 if they drop to $300. Soon blue rays will only be about $100, so I hope Sony will do the right thing and lower the price.

Back