Psychonauts Coming to Steam

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Majesco has announced that they will be using Steam to distribute their popular platform title Psychonauts this upcoming October.[br]Also, BloodRayne 1 & 2 and Advent Rising are now available for download with prices ranging from $10USD to $20USD - A 10 percent discount will be offered during the next two weeks.[br]Daniel Hofbauer, Majesco's biz-dev director, says that Steam is the "leading digital download platform" that will allow said games to reach a wider fan base.
Majesco Entertainment Company, an innovative provider of digital entertainment products and content, and Valve, creators of the Steam broadband gaming platform, announced an agreement to deliver Majesco's PC games via Steam. Beginning today, BloodRayne 1 & 2 and Advent Rising are available for download, while the critically acclaimed title, Psychonauts, from Double Fine Productions, will be offered in early October.
You can read Valve's official statement here.[br]Defcon is also now available for pre-order as well at $10USD. Its release is scheduled for late September.[br]You can find more information on these titles at www.steamgames.com.

Psychonauts Coming to Steam[br]Majesco Entertainment Company, an innovative provider of digital entertainment products and content, and Valve, creators of the Steam broadband gaming platform, announced an agreement to deliver Majesco's PC games via Steam. Beginning today, BloodRayne 1 & 2 and Advent Rising are available for download, while the critically acclaimed title, Psychonauts, from Double Fine Productions, will be offered in early October.[br]BloodRayne 1 & 2 is an original action-horror franchise starring the super-sexy, super-lethal, supernatural heroine BloodRayne. Advent Rising is a sci-fi action game that thrusts players into an intergalactic tale punctuated by stunning visuals and a gripping storyline created in collaboration with award-winning novelist, Orson Scott Card. Psychonauts is a unique, third-person psychic odyssey from the mind of Tim Schafer that received numerous awards and accolades.[br]BloodRayne 2 and Advent Rising are available now via Steam for $19.99 while BloodRayne 1 is available for $9.99. Gamers who purchase any of the titles during the first two weeks of availability will receive a 10% discount. Psychonauts will be available early October.[br]For more information, or to download demos or video trailers of the titles, please visit www.steamgames.com.

Best game in past 5 years hands down (yes better than HL2)

Buy it now and show Mr. Schafer some love.

My mouth literally fell open when I read that. No, I am not exagerating. It literally fell open, and stayed that way.

AWESOME!

I've been meaning to play Psychonauts for some time.

Psychonauts is awesome. Mind you, I played in on Xbox, but it's great either way. Seriously, one of the most original/fun games I've played in years.

Were any of the bloodrayne games good?

I remember reading a preview for advent rising and being interested. How did that one turn out?

Bloodrayne 2 was really fun, got a little repetitive after awhile though. But a very cool game none the less.

Advent Rising was an awesome game, a few bugs, but the gameplay more than made up for them.

Sweet, I've heard nothing but good about Psychonauts, but I was too lazy to get it. I think I'm getting this.

Great! For a long time I have thought of trying this game. I definately will buy this.

BTW it's great that more and more games get released trough Steam. I'd rather buy my games trough Steam than buy them on the store. I never have to start looking for the friggin dvd's or fifty cd's and then try the cd-key your friend just stole.

Great news. I had been warned not to come to this section
<_<
>_>
But I had to read this news post.

Psychonauts on steam. Easily will be the BEST game you can even get on Steam. Awesome news.

Awesome. Make sense since one of the writers is now part of Valve.

I demand Valve put Vampire : The Masquerade : Bloodlines on it, too.

Was always interested about Advent Rising...
Only $20 too. n.n

This is what Steam is all about. Flagging up the games I previously couldn't be bothered to get :p

edit: though the game is already damned cheap through retail channels...

Can't wait for Defcon. I'm a sucker for WarGames, so this is bound to give me a bit of a retro flashback.

Not that surpising actually, especially after the majesco games. Hopefullly Psychonauts can pull a Darwinia.

If the price is right I may actually buy it again since I don't want the boxed version with me at school.

Gonna buy DEFCON, but I can't play it right away 'cause of stupid exams. How sad is that? :(

YES! YES! YES!

PSYCHONAUTS PUBLICITY AWESOME!

BRILLIAAAAANNNNCNCNEEE!

(I suggested this once to them... but I don't know what the catalyst was...)

I demand Valve put Vampire : The Masquerade : Bloodlines on it, too.

That might be a little hard, didn't troika go out of business, but if it did move to steam it would help it out so much, the old source engine feels so dated, it's so jerky, people fly(warp speed) between areas, and didn't feel finished the last time I played it.

That might be a little hard, didn't troika go out of business, but if it did move to steam it would help it out so much, the old source engine feels so dated, it's so jerky, people fly(warp speed) between areas, and didn't feel finished the last time I played it.

I've played Bloodlines recently, and it really is an amazing game that's flawed to death by the bugs.
It'd be wonderful if it got an overhaul with the latest version of the engine.

Were any of the bloodrayne games good?

I remember reading a preview for advent rising and being interested. How did that one turn out?

Yeah they were actually pretty good and pretty damn violent too. They didn't hold back to much on the dismemberment.

I've played Bloodlines recently, and it really is an amazing game that's flawed to death by the bugs.
It'd be wonderful if it got an overhaul with the latest version of the engine.
I loved it to death even with the bugs. <3 <3 <3

Hm, I have a few bucks to spend...

Advent Rising it is! n.n

Hopefully it isn't as bad as they say it is...

Hm, I have a few bucks to spend...

Advent Rising it is! n.n

Hopefully it isn't as bad as they say it is...

I enjoyed it, had to cheat at one of the bosses though :}

Only played a demo of Psychonauts but gonna be buying it once it shows up on steam.

I know, it's so difficult to grab.

Is this a Doublefine affair or a Majesco affair?

I'd never really heard about Psychonauts, but I've had a quick look and read some reviews and I think I'll buy it when it comes out. Feel we should support the smaller (non-EA) game developers, without them we'll end up with only non-stop franchises in the game industry, plus, it looks like a fun game!

I know, it's so difficult to grab.

Is this a Doublefine affair or a Majesco affair?

Majesco barely marketed the game at all. The poor sales are entirely their fault.

There are a lot of passionate Psychonauts lovers around. Hopefully word of mouth + reviews + steam will elevate their sales to the level that the game deserved (or so I've been reliably informed!) :)

Back