pwn?

I say it IRL with a few friends for fun, lol (!) :] And English is not my mothertongue, I'm from Poland. It's just funny ahen something strange happens and we are like: Ow Em Gee? Double You Tee Eff? (in a voice similar to the guy's in the "Over the Counter-Strike" movies :]).
Quote from the movie:
-OMG, WTF, n00b, that's not how you play, LOL
-LOL? Is this even a word?

:D

simmo said:
Aww man ;(

I had this video where these 3 idiots order a pizza and only say stuff like "Double You Tee Eff?" and "oh m gee be be q" etc...

And at the end one of the little ass wipes rolls on the floor, while shouting out "rofle!" over and over :|, probably the most stupid video ive ever seen :p

i want to see that video so much..

what's 1334? or whatever it is, you know what i'm talking aboot

simmo said:
Aww man ;(

I had this video where these 3 idiots order a pizza and only say stuff like "Double You Tee Eff?" and "oh m gee be be q" etc...

And at the end one of the little ass wipes rolls on the floor, while shouting out "rofle!" over and over :|, probably the most stupid video ive ever seen :p

if i saw that in real life, i'd kick their ass just because

:O

its internet nerd speak. #1|{3 7h1$

only use if you want to get beaten up.

came acorss as aa typo of own i reckon,

look on your keybopard p and o are next to each to ther:p

Joims said:
came acorss as aa typo of own i reckon,

look on your keybopard p and o are next to each to ther:p
So really, there's no legitimate excuse for "lollerskates." Gaaa...

:thumbs: haha

i couldnt stop laughing. roflroflroflrofl

Heh, when you brits say "pooned" it sounds absolutely hilarious. I was playing a game of Battlefield 1942 the other day, and one of the british users said it over teamspeak... i laughed for about twenty minutes.

"Get over that hill guys, they're poooooning us."

Bahaha.

this video has been sponsored by crack cocaine.

I say it "pwun"..pwn,there is no "O"!

how is it pawn?!?! wtf its PWN thats pronounced POON! WTF!!!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!! COMMON SENSE, DONT HATE PEOPLE WHO SAY IT PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkknighttt said:
how is it pawn?!?! wtf its PWN thats pronounced POON! WTF!!!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!! COMMON SENSE, DONT HATE PEOPLE WHO SAY IT PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...or just don't say it in the first place. :|

It's ok to type "I just pwned you" or "You was pwned"...something of that nature, but actually saying pwned is just ****ed up.

Darkknighttt said:

Do you say awp as orp too?

Not wanting to get into an argument, but when most people meet pwn, the closest normal word to it is pawn, and so I guess the association sticks with them (like me).

But death does need to come swiftly and sharply for anyone caught using these in real life without a sense of irony.

i mean who doesn't say double you tee eff, lawl, roffle, roffle mayo, oh em gee, powned, owned, uber, leet, nub, la mayo, etc. in real life.

PvtRyan said:
People who say 'pwn' or 'lol' in real life make black baby Jesus cry :(

Haha, I do that religiously (sorry little J). I make an extra effort around non-gamer buddies. "Have you seen Constantine yet?" "Nah, Keanu is such a NOOBXOR!" Yes, I even pronounce the X.

I do say nub in real life, that's the ONLY gaming term other than pawned that I use without said sense of irony.

Oh dear. Toasters. *runs*

How do you say it without a sense of irony? It's like... LOL intarweb.

I've been saying it in games for so long, and some of my friends are gamers. I don't generally say it around non-gamers, but sometimes it slips :D

:eek:

just read all 5 pgs..

and i pronounce it "pawn"

even though i didn't know the meaning until yesterday...

thank you all for your uhhh, "explanations' and pronounciation(s)

I have this one friend, we will quote 4chan to eachother :D

Someone needs to get that photo from the papers this morning of the Welsh Rugby player, the one who lost his phone full of naughty Charlotte Church piccies on. In the paper he's walking out of a store surrounded by people holding up mobile phones infront of him and the look on his face is perfect.. A classic pwned moment LOL

Back