Pyro Update has arrived!

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Restart your engines (I'm off to play...bye!)[br]Full update list HERE

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess

Am I the only one who had all of their games uninstalled after updating?
omgcf4.jpg

I only managed to find one server I could play. And it's not fun when when everyone is a pyro.

"Hadouken taunt now kills people it hits"
hahaha! Awesome. XD

Time to Hadouken a Heavy.

downloading, not sure how i feel about the impending pyro cluster****

I e-mailed gabe about all my games being deleted ages ago, and he still hasn't replied ;(

This is why I'll wait until the weekend, when the first few people stop being a Pyro.

I'm also sitting at work, so no game for me now :(

Removed Flamethrower's damage falloff (was falling off to 25% by the end)

What? So burning someone from 10 feet does as much damage as point blank? D:

MUHAHA! Soldiers, your reign over Pyro's has ended. :D

No more insta-kill at blank range wondering why the soldier didn't die as well.

I e-mailed gabe about all my games being deleted ages ago, and he still hasn't replied ;(
Haven't downloaded the update myself, but I doubt your games are deleted. This is something that happens occasionally with Steam, where the files are still on your comp but Steam for some reason can't see them.

Try to 'install' them, and they will probably 'download' instantly as Steam recognises they're still where they are.

Haven't downloaded the update myself, but I doubt your games are deleted. This is something that happens occasionally with Steam, where the files are still on your comp but Steam for some reason can't see them.

Try to 'install' them, and they will probably 'download' instantly as Steam recognises they're still where they are.

Been re-installing TF2 for half an hour now. At 5% :bonce:

Well that sucks if it's not the update. Have a look in your Steamapps folder and see if the GCF's really have gone walkabout.

Well that sucks if it's not the update. Have a look in your Steamapps folder and see if the GCF's really have gone walkabout.

Everything is still there when I look with GCFScape. What the hell do I do now?

If your GCFs are all still there I don't know why TF2 would be re-downloading. Try 'installing' another game in the list that you don't care much about (so that you don't have to go through the whole thing of redownloading it if it really doesn't reinstall instantly).

If it's still screwed have a look at steampowered and try to file a support ticket or bug report or something.

BTW take the obvious step of restarting Steam before you do any of that.

If your GCFs are all still there I don't know why TF2 would be re-downloading. Try 'installing' another game in the list that you don't care much about (so that you don't have to go through the whole thing of redownloading it if it really doesn't reinstall instantly).

If it's still screwed have a look at steampowered and try to file a support ticket or bug report or something.

BTW take the obvious step of restarting Steam before you do any of that.

Restarted steam many times, logged out and back in and restarted my computer, nothing. I tried getting HL2 back, but still just downloads slowly. And there's nothing in support.

You know what, screw this. Its half past eleven and I have to get up at seven tomorrow to go away for a few days. Maybe it will be fixed by the time I get back. I wish.

You know what, screw this. Its half past eleven and I have to get up at seven tomorrow to go away for a few days. Maybe it will be fixed by the time I get back. I wish.
Same, I have to head off at 8am tomoz to go to America where my GF has a Dell that can't run games D: No pyro shenanigans here...

The new push ability is powerful and I imagine really annoying for the other guy. Yet few people seem to be doing it.

Grrr... I am a pretty skilled Pyro, but all of a sudden, I am getting my butt kicked by these newbs!

Anyone else experiencing never-ending respawn times in which you can somehow be killed while spectating???

medics and engineers are crashing the servers, hope they get a hotfix out for that asap...

in other words, the pyro is still a blast to play

Ha, I was playing Goldrush as a Demoman. It was a like a zombie game with Pyro's as zombies...

Compressed air rocks. Pretty useful for deterring flag carriers and knocking people off a cliff (Hydro, Badlands, 2fort)

Heh, I sinned and tried an achievement server. What a load of rubbish, I earned more achievements through normal play than through the tard fest that is achievement_box or whatever it's called. Still need 2 for flare gun, but Steam is down.

Heh, BarbeQueQ was easier than I imagined.

Anyway, went into a server with about 15 Pyro's on my team. Crazy stuff.

With all those pyros running around, this is sniper/medic/heavy heaven. I never play heavy, but tonight, I so rocked it by just standing there and shooting, watching the pyros run into me. As medic, you can heal just everyone, more invuls, more killing.

Hm, if the hadouken now kills on hit... then that mean's you'll be able to kill people who get near the closed spawns before rounds start.

:evil:

Not sure if anyone else noticed or if it has always been so but if you spray fire with the flamethrower and get it critical, stop firing and the flame will continue to light even though you aren't using it. It doesn't consume any ammo and I presume it doesn't deal any damage either (haven't tried though).

A pic showing my team almost fully intact with Pyro's. :p

Since it'll be a few days before I get a chance to play - does the air compressor thing require charging or some sort of ammo? and how quickly does it fire?

So far I have tried the air compression thing and it's what I thought. You blast the guy back, and it looks like he can't use his weapons so you can just burn him. OR you can blast the opponent back, then run away easily. Don't like the new maps neither. I'm not trying to be a grouch but so far, I don't like the new abilities.

Not sure if anyone else noticed or if it has always been so but if you spray fire with the flamethrower and get it critical, stop firing and the flame will continue to light even though you aren't using it. It doesn't consume any ammo and I presume it doesn't deal any damage either (haven't tried though).

Mine does that all the time. Dunno why.

Flaregun is very fun, but not too useful, at least not with all pyros. Compressed air is perhaps the greatest thing ever.

Restarted steam many times, logged out and back in and restarted my computer, nothing. I tried getting HL2 back, but still just downloads slowly. And there's nothing in support.

Try this:

1. Right-click on a game that's "uninstalled"
2. Go to the "Local Files" tab
3. Click "Verify integrity of game cache"
4. Let it run. If your GCF files aren't corrupted, it'll come up as 100% again.

Hm, if the hadouken now kills on hit... then that mean's you'll be able to kill people who get near the closed spawns before rounds start.

:evil:
Didn't work for me, I thought that it would myself. But the enemy trying to do it got me the Dance Dance achievement when I burniated them :devil: and then got Freezer Burn taunting them :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:
So far I have tried the air compression thing and it's what I thought. You blast the guy back, and it looks like he can't use his weapons so you can just burn him. OR you can blast the opponent back, then run away easily. Don't like the new maps neither. I'm not trying to be a grouch but so far, I don't like the new abilities.
I absolutely love the domination over the ubers now :D
Just send them poofing in the air with other pyros like volleyball.
Since it'll be a few days before I get a chance to play - does the air compressor thing require charging or some sort of ammo? and how quickly does it fire?
It takes 25 flamethrower ammo per burst.

I have only played ctf_turbine of the new maps and I must say that it's not that great. The intel is too accessible and it is easily taken against a team that doesn't know what it's doing. I just played a round where we camped outside the other team's spawn and just lit them on fire as they came out. We had a scout run the intel and we won in about 3 minutes.

Back