Rate the last game you played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gears of War 2 - 8/10

Definitely bigger, better, and more badass. Even delivers on the emotional aspect the trailer hinted at.

L4D demo - 9/10

Hell yeah, this game is so fun. I've played it through so many times, and it's STILL not old. Goes to show how awesome the real game will be.

The demo has gotten old for me. Only because I'm sick of playing those levels, its not the gameplay that bores me. I know everywhere zombies could come from etc, not much fun anymore.

But what do you expect after seventeen hours of playing it.

L4D Demo - 8/10

I enjoyed the demo. Don't think I'll try buying the game. I love coop games and if I could easily afford it, I'd gladly do so. but as it is, I'm more of a person who loves to be in a large groups when I play multiplayer games for the most part.

It was intense though on normal mode that I played it on. Crazy intense. And the starting video is awesome.

L4D Demo. 8/10, basically because of lack of content.

I finally got it running fine on my computer (thanks -dxlevel 81) and it's a lot of fun.

Can't wait to play the full version.

L4D Demo - 9/10

Zombie Survival with teammates, I'm buying this one for sure. The start video got me so pumped.. lol.

EDIT: Wow, I just found out I have the exact recommended system requirements for L4D.. It still lags when I get a horde.. Whatever, still looks good on medium-high.

Far Cry 2 - 9/10

So far my only problem is distance between sh*t, I wouldn't be able to play this w/o the bus stops.

L4D Demo - 8/10

It was intense though on normal mode that I played it on. Crazy intense. And the starting video is awesome.

If you really want fun, you've got to play it on Expert. Then its just ridiculous how quickly you go from owning the game to the game owning you.

Crysis - 10/10.
One of the best game ever made.

WoW - 9/10.
Fantastic online game with fantastic magics & powers.

Crysis? Dear god not only were the Aliens so much less fun than the Koreans but the last level is terrible and poorly designed.

Resistance 9.0/10 = Good ending, 80% Half-Life rip off in art direction. But that's not a bad thing.

Urban Chaos - 8/10

Not to be confused with the first person shooter 'Urban Chaos: Riot Response'. This is a quite obscure third person action/fighting game from late 1999. Quite a game. The controls can be a bit awkward and the voice acting and dialogue is pretty horrible at times, but it's fun.

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - 5/10

Meh.

EndWar - 8/10

Voice recognition can be a bit shit at times, but damn if it isn't fun. Russia kicks ASS in this game.

banjo kazooie nuts and bolts - ****ing BRILLIANT /10
It's pretty fun, isn't it? After just getting the sticky wheels, it's hovering at an 8/10 for me so far. I'm worried the challenges are going to get stale, though.

Far Cry 2 7/10
Fun game but so much damn traveling + looks shite on my crt tv (but that problem will be fixed hopefully next week :)) Feels a lot like Assassins creed but with guns. Also fire is awesome fun :D

Gears of War 2 - 9/10

longer, more engrossing campaign, horde and an expanded multiplayer mode with more players, characters and weapons=endless fun

Urban Chaos - 8/10

Not to be confused with the first person shooter 'Urban Chaos: Riot Response'. This is a quite obscure third person action/fighting game from late 1999. Quite a game. The controls can be a bit awkward and the voice acting and dialogue is pretty horrible at times, but it's fun.

I love that game. Beat it on PS, and PC many times. Controls are okay, when you get used to it.

Fallout 3 - 10/10

Great spinoff. I can't wait to mod it.

Left 4 Dead - ?/10

It's fun, you "really" have to work together.

L4D Demo - 9/10

Excellent gameplay polished to the usual Valve standard.

Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday w/ Armageddon expansion - 9/10

I love this game! I just annihiliated 45 divisions at Leningrad. Although as you keep playing, the game's speed slows down considerably due to the sheer number of units/divisions.

Call Of Duty: World At War - 8/10 so far

Its just COD doing what it does best. Definitely the same feel as the COD4 engine, enemies die the same as a result, stumble like they did in COD4. Its COD4 wrapped in a Japanese and Russian..thing. Although the sounds of the weapons are VERY laughable. Since when did an MG sound like a paintball gun?

They even threw in another EPIC sniper level, but the set pieces didnt match the one in COD4, ie the helicopter coming down toward you.

Still, typical COD fun really.

Call Of Duty: World At War - 8/10 so far

Its just COD doing what it does best. Definitely the same feel as the COD4 engine, enemies die the same as a result, stumble like they did in COD4. Its COD4 wrapped in a Japanese and Russian..thing. Although the sounds of the weapons are VERY laughable. Since when did an MG sound like a paintball gun?

They even threw in another EPIC sniper level, but the set pieces didnt match the one in COD4, ie the helicopter coming down toward you.

Still, typical COD fun really.

Hmm, I think the new sniper level pisses all over COD4's, the helicopter being the only real highlight of it. WAW's had so much more excitement to it.

No not at all.

Yes at all, no matter how many times you post that in reply to my statement concerning the new sniper level it won't change a thing.

The new sniper level has alot more excitement and urgency to it and better set pieces and scripting.

No matter how many hyperboles you use to praise it over the COD 4 level, it won't change a thing.

What the new level lacks is the tension, the buildup, and the embodiment of a sniper the old level had.
In CoD4 you didn't just go after a nameless German officer who's massacre you hadn't experienced.
You go after the man responsible for you dying when you helicopter crashed after a nuke,
it comes after you fight your way searching for a fanatic bastard, and you get to play as the young version
of the cool experienced SAS veteran mentoring you. It's not just a cool level it adds to the story and characters.

Second, the level itself, and this where the embodiment of a sniper comes in to play. Most
of the CoD 5 mission is spend wading trough buildings, with no sneaking and a few very
straightforward scripted scenes. You were more a dedicated marksman then a sniper.

In the old level you wore ghillie suit, it offered you much more freedom as routes go, there was a real
chance of you being discovered if you didn't wade carefully trough the grass, it exchanged moments of
slow paced sneaking with adrenalin fueled crawling rush underneath cars which were surrounded by
Russian mercs. There were no concrete walls separating you from enemies and death, just your ghillie
suit and your wits But the best part was you hiding in plain sight while a whole group of soldiers and
APC passes by, there were no explosion, no shooting, just you lying while soldiers walked by, yet it
was more trilling then most action games as a whole. because it gives you an incredible sense of
power, and control, it makes you the invisible inevitable death. And it was unique experience, not seen
and done before.

The fact you're rummaging trough this radiated desolate ghost town just really strengthens everything the
mission is going for.

No matter how many hyperboles you use to praise it over the COD 4 level, it won't change a thing.

What the new level lacks is the tension, the buildup, and the embodiment of a sniper the old level had.
In CoD4 you didn't just go after a nameless German officer who's massacre you hadn't experienced.
You go after the man responsible for you dying when you helicopter crashed after a nuke,
it comes after you fight your way searching for a fanatic bastard, and you get to play as the young version
of the cool experienced SAS veteran mentoring you. It's not just a cool level it adds to the story and characters.

Second, the level itself, and this where the embodiment of a sniper comes in to play. Most
of the CoD 5 mission is spend wading trough buildings, with no sneaking and a few very
straightforward scripted scenes. You were more a dedicated marksman then a sniper.

In the old level you wore ghillie suit, it offered you much more freedom as routes go, there was a real
chance of you being discovered if you didn't wade carefully trough the grass, it exchanged moments of
slow paced sneaking with adrenalin fueled crawling rush underneath cars which were surrounded by
Russian mercs. There were no concrete walls separating you from enemies and death, just your ghillie
suit and your wits But the best part was you hiding in plain sight while a whole group of soldiers and
APC passes by, there were no explosion, no shooting, just you lying while soldiers walked by, yet it
was more trilling then most action games as a whole. because it gives you an incredible sense of
power, and control, it makes you the invisible inevitable death. And it was unique experience, not seen
and done before.

The fact you're rummaging trough this radiated desolate ghost town just really strengthens everything the
mission is going for.

I don't think you realise just how scripted that mission was. Unless you did exactly as your mate ordered, the script was broken and a mass firefight ensues, then you move to the next scripted section. Your partners moves, gunshots, paths...all scripted. There was no freedom as you describe, either you did what he told you or did nothing and continued, if you tried to leave any of the corridor confines, you broke the script again and bang, firefight your bound to lose and reload. The suit offered camouflage sure, but did you ever use it in anything other than the scripted environment? No, because in the next level this marvelous stealth suit didn't fool anyone, at all. It only worked in the confines of an overly scripted level that served to give the illusion that you were employing some kind of stealth, when in fact it was just you following a scripted AI through a level, that's it.

The new sniper mission is also heavily scripted and linear, but at least there is a bit of adrenaline to it, your also not forced into a situation when all you do is follow some pathfinding AI, you get real firefights that you actually participate in without fighting a losing battle. This level will not punish you for not doing things the way the game says you should.

Listen, I enjoyed the COD4 level as much as everyone else, but I won't be fooled by an entire level of scripts set up as a stealth mission, which Tryarch have not resorted to for their level.

Mirror's edge 8/10

Damn the haters this game kicks ass but I would have given it a 9 for one significant but not game breaking reason which other people have noted. The game can be VERY unforgiving at times. Whether it's due to the combat at times or when pin-point precision in your jumps is required or if you find yourself lost the game you can just find yourself getting frustrated as you repeat one bit over and over again.

Really I think they needed to try and make the paths abit more noticeable, strangely there really isn't enough red after chapter 3 really.

Oh and I can tell this game is going to be REALLY short. I got my copy this afternoon and I now have 3 chapters left.

MGS4: 9/10

I want to see no comments from Rim Fire, and no, for some reason I did not mind the cutscenes :arms:

Left 4 Dead: 9/10

Spent most of the past couple of days at Musk's house playing this. Awesome, so much mindless fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back