rate the PC above you thread

Dirk Pitt said:
Ok then, I'm rating your PC.

1.8 ghz?! PFFT
768 MB ram? You aren't squat without a gig.
9600xt? OMG. . . i can hand-draw frames faster than that POS can.
17" monitor? Hope you got your trifocals on.
80 gb maxtor? Too small for me.

All in all. . . I'd have to rate your system as a weaksauce out of ten.

Also, i have to deduct points for your inane blabbering about 1 stick of ddr being faster than a DC setup.

AMD 2800+
1 gig pc3200 DDR (Dual Channel)
2x 120 gig WD (Raid 0)
A400gt 6800GT
21" HP monitor

lol why are you getting on that dudes comp? Since were bashing comps, i donno how you can put that lovely 6800 GT with a crappy 2800. The athlon xp's are a joke :D I doubt a 2800 can beat a stock 2.4C in gaming. Unless its an A64 2800, which still isnt to great. I give you a 7/10 for the graphic card, you really need to ditch that athlon xp and get a high end P4 or A64.

I have absoultely no idea why Dirk Pitt bashed me up. whatever.

1.8ghz p4 northwood
768mb ram
ATI radeon 9600XT
Viewsonic 17" CRT
Dual format dvd burner
CD burner
80 gb maxtor
40gb western digital

3999 3dmarks

ATI4EVER! said:
Ok yes, you are right my bad. 940 is the only one to need registered ram in athlon systems, (939 is new, (kind of) so i need to get used to it ;)) And i hate to brake it to you, but having two sticks [of ram] will be slower than having one stick, even if it does have dual channel memory, it will still be slower. And 36gb not being small for a hard drive? I'm sorry, but you are greatly mistaken, I currently have 2gb left in my 40gb hard drive, games now adays are packing many gigabytes, so games, plus apps, music, photos, it all adds up a lot quicker than you think. I will not change my verdict.

And [no flaming intennded] for an admin, you should know that if you go into a "rate the pc above you" thread rate the effing pc above you!!! I know i keep bitching about this, and I too am getting annoyed about it, but it is reall really really annoying when your PC does not get rated in a thread where it is supposed too!

If I had the time, I would enjoy proving you wrong about RAM. Asus, will probably come in here and prove you wrong.

PS - You can game with 40 GB of harddrive space. It is not impossible like you think it is.

PPS - Quit complaining about this thread. It's annoying.

ATI4EVER! said:
I have absoultely no idea why Dirk Pitt bashed me up. whatever.

1.8ghz p4 northwood
768mb ram
ATI radeon 9600XT
Viewsonic 17" CRT
Dual format dvd burner
CD burner
80 gb maxtor
40gb western digital

3999 3dmarks

Dude, this is like the 10th you posted....i guess you're waiting for someone to say that is the best rig in the world...so i'll do it!

10/10....now stop posting it.

The Athlon 64 memory controller can take 2 sticks of memory running at full speed. If you add a third PC3200 stick it will clock at PC2700.

Now adding another stick for a total of 2 does not decrease your performance, especially on a dual channel platform.
If you add memory that is slower than the first, then yes it will slow down to match although if it's the same speed and timings there will be no issue like that.

Not to mention that 1GB PC3200 sticks have timings of Cas 2.5 or 3 and not 2. ;)

8/10...
Did i not see this thread like a month ago?

P4 2.4 (no ht :()
512 crappy ram
9600xt
one 60 gig ad one 16 gig
stupid little 15 inch NEC LCD that everyone keeps poking to see the ripples and saying "oohh thats so trippy!" and im like "STFU Youre wreaking it!" and theyre like "fine ill stop"....THEN THEY F**KN POKE IT AGAIN! Im like "GTF OUTTA MA HOUSE NOOB!"...theyre like what? Noob? what did you call me? And i throw my shoe at them. They leave.

*6/10^ go upgrade :) Where in BC do you live? im in fraser valley btw, abbotsford.

ATI x800xt Platinum
3400 AMD 64 bit
1 gig kinstron ddr
200gig HD
thermaltake 2000a
logitech elite combo
lg flatron ex t10bu

9.87/10 Nice NOT PERFECT but holy crap nice :naughty:

Barton "512k cache AMD 3000+
Radeon 9600 pro 256mb, 128-bit
512 mb, pc3200 RAM
180 Gb HD
40 Gb HD
5.1 sourround sound

TheHitman5 said:
Dude, this is like the 10th you posted....i guess you're waiting for someone to say that is the best rig in the world...so i'll do it!

10/10....now stop posting it.

Remember how in the first post of the thread I said how you should always end with your specs? That way teh next person can rate it. No, I am not waiting for a perfect score, I just happen to rate other ppl's PCs, if i do that, i have to end with my specs so the thread does not die.

Erm...That processor you have is not bad....it used to be really good, but it is not 64 bit *loud buzzer*, points off. Your videocard is good, but not the best (as you obviously know). 512 is the minimum now so I'm not adding or taking away points for your ram. Many bytes you have! That will even out with your barton cpu (as in, what i took off, i will now add) And 5.1 is sweet. and the verdict is...

FINAL VERDICT: 8/10

1.8ghz p4 northwood
768mb ram
ATI radeon 9600XT
Viewsonic 17" CRT
Dual format dvd burner
CD burner
80 gb maxtor
40gb western digital

3999 3dmarks

My computer now (with new video card :thumbs:)

K7N2 Delta-L Motherboard
AMD 2600+ 1.9GHz
Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
512MB PC 3200

I'm ready...

Athlon XP is old, it's not too good, but meh, i won't comare it with mine (lol) Anyways, nice job upgrading (i cant remember ur old one though) it's obviously not the best, but it's still very good. 512 mb is just OK, I would get some 40/80 bucks and get another 512 or 256 stick and get 768/1024 mb, ram is definaletly the best price-to-performance ratio. Basically you are ready for any game, but i'm, telling you now that you're not getting 10/10, but as i said, buy more ram, at least 768. (total). And the verdict is...

Once you get more ram, it will do you very good, and If you get a better cpu your 9800pro will get a performance boost. Here is why, in spoiler format so that other ppl can skip it easier, it is copied from another post i made from another thread:

this is copied from a thread:

I am the master at explaining how this stuff works. At least i think so. Peple normally write to me asking. So here: (I am so sick of posting this on so many threads)

Videocards opperate by Pipelines, much like your CPU. Videocard pipelines are very very deep and wide. The 9600xt features 4 of these pipelines, the 9800 features 8, the x800 12 and the 6800 16. Holy crap. That is a lot. Now you ask "so what?". Well when your videocard draws out something, it has to pass through the pipelines (the rule of thumb is more pipelines usually is faster) so if you have say 16 pipelines, it will do the work faster than if you have 4 pipelines. Now, these pipelines are beeing feeded by the CPU (your 1.2ghz athlon). If you have an 8 pipeline videocard with a crappy cpu, the cpu won't be able to issue enough instructions to the videocard. Pipelines are REQUIRED to be full at all costs, if they are not, all work that is currently in the pipeline will be tossed out and it has to start all over again, this results in lost clock cycles, you prbably loose some 40fps for 2 seconds. This could happen with the fastest CPU on the planet, and a 4 pipeline videocard, if the cpu messes up or something, it is very rare and it would only last 2 seconds. BUT.. if you have a 8 pipeline vodeocard with your cpu it will happen very very often.

Here is a little thing i made up myself to guide you.

4 pipeline: 1.8ghz P4 or AMD equivelent
8 pipeline: 2.4ghz P4 (w/HT) or AMD equivalent
12 pipeline: 3.0ghz P4 (w/HT) or an athlon 64 (any speed)
16 pipeline: 3.0ghz P4 (w/ HT Preferably extreme edition) or Athlon 64FX 51

Ram also matters, when i bought my 9600XT i had 256mb ram, it SUCKED. I upgraded and bought a stick of 512 mb, that helped alot.

generally you should always have at least 512 mb.

I hoped this helped.

SO yeah, but top priority is ram.

1.8ghz p4 northwood
768mb ram
ATI radeon 9600XT
Viewsonic 17" CRT
Dual format dvd burner
CD burner
80 gb maxtor
40gb western digital

3999 3dmarks

ATI4EVER! said:
Athlon XP is old, it's not too good, but meh, i won't comare it with mine (lol) Anyways, nice job upgrading (i cant remember ur old one though) it's obviously not the best, but it's still very good.

XP not good? Name a better processor in its price range?

- Intel Celeron? Nope
- Intel Celeron D? Nope
- AMD Sempron? Nope

The AMD Athlon XP is the budget chip. The Athlon 64 and Intel P4 is simply out of its price range. Not to mention a AMD XP 2500+ is competitive with a corresponding P4 processor.

Athlon XP's are great deals. Get them before they stop manufacturing them in favor of the Sempron (*shudder*)

I understand they are the budget chip. Newsflash: this thread is about performance not budget stuff. I keep my verdict.

1.8ghz p4 northwood
768mb ram
ATI radeon 9600XT
Viewsonic 17" CRT
Dual format dvd burner
CD burner
80 gb maxtor
40gb western digital

3999 3dmarks

ATI4EVER! said:
I understand they are the budget chip. Newsflash: this thread is about performance not budget stuff. I keep my verdict.

1.8ghz p4 northwood
768mb ram
ATI radeon 9600XT
Viewsonic 17" CRT
Dual format dvd burner
CD burner
80 gb maxtor
40gb western digital

3999 3dmarks

5/10, i've seen your comp in this thread 50 times. You dont need to keep commenting after you got your comp reviewed in threads like these. Someone skip me and review his ^^

I'll go with a 7/10 for Ati's rig.

Mine:

Nvidia 6800 GT
Dual 3.06 P4s (hyperthreaded)
1 Gig Kingston DDR RAM
Dual 120 Gig HDs (raid array)
18'' Mitsubishi LCD
Dual DVD Burners
SB Audigy 2 ZS

No comment on TheHitman5's post cause i already freakin explained why i do it.

First off you can't make a dual P4 system, I think you are getting confused with "dual" and "Hyperthreaded" So I will say that you have ONE P4 that is HTed...The processor is one of the finest you can get, in my opinion it's the best [Intel cpu] you can get, apart from the rediculous extreme edition version. Although prescotts are starting to get pretty good. (near 4ghz anyone?) Anyways, your videocard is pretty cool, not Ultra but still kick ass quality. 1024mb of Ram is very cool, Kingston is a pretty good company but Crucial is the best. 18" LCD, first it's not very big (20") and second, LCDs are not good for gaming. What u could do is buy a CRT and have dual displays for funzzies! DVD Burners, check! Soundcard good, but you don't have 5.1 (or atleast you didn't say u did). And the verdict is...

FINAL VERDICT: 9.7/10

reason: no 5.1s, not ultra.

1.8ghz p4 northwood
768mb ram
ATI radeon 9600XT
Viewsonic 17" CRT
Dual format dvd burner
CD burner
80 gb maxtor
40gb western digital

3999 3dmarks

Not bad... 8/10
Plenty of ram, a graphics card that should tide you over until you can afford an upgrade and a quality chip. I like it.

Pentium 4 2.4HT (C) Northwood
1024 DDR Kingston PC 3200
Gigabyte X800 XT
80gb Seagate
CD Burner
DVD Rom
17" Standard Monitor

Pretty nice. 8.5/10
Plenty of RAM, great video card, good processor. Personally I'd need a bigger HDD, but you may not.

Now my formerly-great machine.
2x Athlon xp 1700+
512 MB PC2100 RAM
Radeon 9000 Pro 64MB (heat damaged, causing artifacts)
soon to be Geforce 6800 GT
Audigy Platinum
120 GB Western Digital HDD (8MB cache)
60 GB WD HDD (I think only 2 MB cache)
CD burner
DVD-ROM
17" LCD monitor (limited desk space, dorm room)

ATI4EVER! said:
First off you can't make a dual P4 system, I think you are getting confused with "dual" and "Hyperthreaded" So I will say that you have ONE P4 that is HTed...The processor is one of the finest you can get, in my opinion it's the best [Intel cpu] you can get, apart from the rediculous extreme edition version.

Hmm.....I always thought that hyperthreading was something that was done to dual processors to help with multitasking. Guess I was wrong, I must just have one P4 with HT.....thanks for clearing that up. Oh, and I do have a 5.1 sound setup, just forgot to mention it.

ATI4EVER! said:
First off you can't make a dual P4 system, I think you are getting confused with "dual" and "Hyperthreaded" So I will say that you have ONE P4 that is HTed...The processor is one of the finest you can get, in my opinion it's the best [Intel cpu] you can get, apart from the rediculous extreme edition version. Although prescotts are starting to get pretty good. (near 4ghz anyone?) Anyways, your videocard is pretty cool, not Ultra but still kick ass quality. 1024mb of Ram is very cool, Kingston is a pretty good company but Crucial is the best. 18" LCD, first it's not very big (20") and second, LCDs are not good for gaming. What u could do is buy a CRT and have dual displays for funzzies! DVD Burners, check! Soundcard good, but you don't have 5.1 (or atleast you didn't say u did). And the verdict is...

verdict changed...

FINAL VERDICT: 9.85/10

Anyways, Qhartb's computer i will rate now...

umm....well as i said before, athlon XPs are kind of obsolete now, but you have TWO of them (i think? right? he said 2x, and i think athlon Xps can be dual), so blah, whatever, i will be leniant casue of that. 512 mb is the minimum, so no +/- cause of it. CRAPOLA!!! a 9000!!! AND causing artifacts!!! I would have come back with your 6800, which reminds me...I'll PM it to you. Audigy, good. Hard drives good, but one with only 2mb cache!??!?! woah now. CD Burner, DVD Rom, 17" LCD, small and not good for gaming. And the verdict is

FINAL VERDICT: 1.5/10

I think it explains itself.

1.8ghz p4 northwood
768mb ram
ATI radeon 9600XT
Viewsonic 17" CRT
Dual format dvd burner
CD burner
80 gb maxtor
40gb western digital

3999 3dmarks

hehe, I'm going to comp usa today, maybe i cang get more Ram or sumfin!!!

I'm not too worried about RAM actually, just my processor, since I already upgraded my video card it's ganna take a little while to get a AMD 64 motherboard and processor, it seems thats what i'll need most but i'm not worried about it now since my comp is pretty good as of now :E Thanks for the tips though ATi

Once again specs are:

K7N2 Delta-L Motherboard
AMD 2600+ 1.9GHz
Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
512MB PC 3200

^Upstairs^ is 8

How about me?

Intel P4 2.8 GHz
GeForce Ti 4200 128mb
768 MB PC 2100 DDR

crap i have too go, so this is going to be quicker than normal. CPU is allright, Your card may need some upgrading, it's pretty old, Ram is good-o-mundo.

FINAL VERDICT: 7/10

np snoopoop.

oh and some god, after three times ur banned for 6 months, and then IP banned, so watch out!

1.8ghz p4 northwood
768mb ram
ATI radeon 9600XT
Viewsonic 17" CRT
Dual format dvd burner
CD burner
80 gb maxtor
40gb western digital

3999 3dmarks

ATI4EVER! said:
oh and some god, after three times ur banned for 6 months, and then IP banned, so watch out!

Thats good to know. ;(

7.3/10

3.2ghz P4
1024MB ram
160gig harddrive
asusX800pro
Logitech 640 5.1 speakers
LG 17inch flatscreen (not flatpanel, flatscreen)

8/10 ^^

If you had an XT-PE and an Athlon 64 you'd get a higher score.;)

My specs in sig.

okeydokey. here we go.

As I said with another guy, Bartons are good, but they don't really compare with a p4ee or a64fx. But hey, it's still good. 512 mb of ram...again, the min. so no +/- for that. 9800pro, very sexy, but umm...not an x800 (not that it's bad, i have a 9600xt and am very satisfied.) and the verdict is...

I have a question: Why is the x800 (and maybe even x800pro) cost less than the 9800XT, isn't the x800 series better? Just wanted someone to clear that up for me. Thanks

1.8ghz p4 northwood
768mb ram
ATI radeon 9600XT
Viewsonic 17" CRT
Dual format dvd burner
CD burner
80 gb maxtor
40gb western digital

3999 3dmarks

That's right, i didn't get to buy anything at bestbuy. boo-hoo.

he has a 9800pro and 512 ram and he gets the same as me? Not fair :)

And yeah X800s are better than the 9800s (x800pro is almost double the speed, with the X800XTs being well over double) . The 9800s are sometimes more expensive because some distributors are lazy and havent lowered the prices yet (although most have, so I dont know where your seeing them more expensive).

I wont review yours, cos I allready have, I'll leave that to the next person who posts.

ATI4EVER! said:
okeydokey. here we go.

As I said with another guy, Bartons are good, but they don't really compare with a p4ee or a64fx.

they do if you overclock the hell out of them :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

mines
amd 64 3200
80 gig seagate
1 gig corsair xms
msi neo plat mobo
9600 se (peice of crap card)
480 antec trueblue psu

i think thats about it

johnnypoopoopant I would say 7 but that could be because I like that mobo. Get rid of that video card it must really hurt.

Mine

Athlon XP-M 2500+ @ 12.5 x 200
Soltek SL75 FRN2-RL
1GB Kingston HyperX
BFG 6800 GT @ 420/1.1
2 x 80GB Maxtor drives in RAID
All the other crap as usual

Prohass said:
he has a 9800pro and 512 ram and he gets the same as me? Not fair

yeah, umm, 1-10 only has 10 spaces, that's very narrow, sorry. Maybe we should go up to 20? i don't know.

ANyways...

Athlon XP..you already know what i'm gonna say....Not good enough. 1gb of ram is very tasty!!! yes yes yes!! 6800GT is not ultra, but it's very high caliber! That evens out your AXP. 160gb in raid, hmmmm...vrey good. What raid do you have though?
All the other crap as usual
crap? And the verdict is...

FINAL VERDICT: 8/10 me been giving out many 8s haven't I....

1.8ghz p4 northwood
768mb ram
ATI radeon 9600XT
Viewsonic 17" CRT
Dual format dvd burner
CD burner
80 gb maxtor
40gb western digital

3999 3dmarks

The AXP has alot of life in it yet. remember a 3200+ is only 2.2Ghz so at 2.5 I think it will cope also the GT is above Ultra speeds so I will be quite happy.

That and I am not upgrading another thing till I see a S939 PCI-E board from nVidia and some GT's to put in SLI.

Oh and it is Raid 0.

Other crap is some sound blaster sound card DVD +- R/RW drive, 21" Sony CRT

1.8ghz p4 northwood
768mb ram
ATI radeon 9600XT
Viewsonic 17" CRT
Dual format dvd burner
CD burner
80 gb maxtor
40gb western digital

3999 3dmarks

(just so there is something to rate ;) )

ATI4EVER! said:
1.8ghz p4 northwood
768mb ram
ATI radeon 9600XT
Viewsonic 17" CRT
Dual format dvd burner
CD burner
80 gb maxtor
40gb western digital

3999 3dmarks

(just so there is something to rate ;) )

3/10 :bounce: Get with the times

good A64, not FX, but still good. 1gb ram...sweet. Good card, but it is GT< still good tho. 160gb HD space. the verdict is...

FINAL VERDICT: 9/10

1.8ghz p4 northwood
768mb ram
ATI radeon 9600XT
Viewsonic 17" CRT
Dual format dvd burner
CD burner
80 gb maxtor
40gb western digital

3999 3dmarks

Well heres mine...

3 ghz, Pent4
1 gig 3200 DDR ram
MSI nvidia 256mb 6800 GT
190GB HD
DVD rom & CD burner
Soundblaster live! 5.1
17" LCD monitor
540Watt PS
and a 512k broadband connection
:cheers:

I'd give that a 9.8, only i could think of that could be better is a DVD burner and a 7.1 surround sound card.

P4 3.2ghz HT
1GB DDR-2 400mhz ram
Radeon x800SE 128mb
160gb SATA at 7,200 rpm
16x DVD-ROM
8x DVD-RW
Soundblaster Live! 5.1
17" CRT

BTW the score is for Nid Banikeri

Back