Reactor explosion, survival, and Breen.

eber said:
cough cough .... Star Wars RULES. how can you possibly compare a cliche computer game to such a original saga...

"Anakin, you're breaking my heart!"

You call that good?

bigburpco said:
"Anakin, you're breaking my heart!"

You call that good?
I would be if you heard a loud crack and find out that Obi Wan has a heat attack and Anakin laughs so badly that he has cancer and becomes Darth Vader...why are yo guys staring at me like that!:p

Gah! The ignorance of people!
Star Wars is masterpeice and was around many long years ago. Probably the most original piece to come around for many years. Heck, it was around eons before HL was even conceived.
That said and done, Half-Life did for the gaming industry what Star Wars did for the film business. Abso-freakin-lutely awesome.
And then came the 2nd (or was it the 1st...?) Star Wars Trilogy, and the revolutionary Half-Life 2...

Why are we talking about that? I wanna talk about killing dropships.

Dropship coming into a self-destructing tower that's many thousands of feet in the air suffering inter-dimensional instability to navigate a tricky, elaborate, obstacle-ridden place to pick up some vermin humanoid that just might have destroyed your almighty dominion over a universe.

Not gonna happen.

And about a month (YAY!! Ep. 1 release!!) to go before someone can really prove us wrong. 'Cause once Breen survives/dies some way, it's really really unlikely we'll ever see that scenario atop a citadel again. Even if they invent time travel to the past, the combine ain't that stupid, despite their questionable combat training program...

Rennmniscant said:
Gah! The ignorance of people!
Star Wars is masterpeice and was around many long years ago. Probably the most original piece to come around for many years. Heck, it was around eons before HL was even conceived.
That said and done, Half-Life did for the gaming industry what Star Wars did for the film business. Abso-freakin-lutely awesome.
And then came the 2nd (or was it the 1st...?) Star Wars Trilogy, and the revolutionary Half-Life 2...

Dropship coming into a self-destructing tower that's many thousands of feet in the air suffering inter-dimensional instability to navigate a tricky, elaborate, obstacle-ridden place to pick up some vermin humanoid that just might have destroyed your almighty dominion over a universe.

Not gonna happen.
We are not talking about whether a dropship will save breen or not... we are talking about whether a dropship can menuver or not... Star Wars... iloved it but now the Saga is over so im on to toher stuff...

Star War's plot was ripped off from samuari films :p

I dont think that a dropship will save him. But i belive its possible for it to get in the tower. At least a bit. You even saw it, and then the tower blew, and we dont know how much damage the tower toke by that, could be minimal, or large.

Star wars 4, 5 and 6 are okay, 1, 2 and 3 suck ass.

Rizzo89 said:
I dont think that a dropship will save him. But i belive its possible for it to get in the tower. At least a bit. You even saw it, and then the tower blew, and we dont know how much damage the tower toke by that, could be minimal, or large.
Agreed, and see, Samon, we gotta nother!:thumbs:

DeusExMachina said:
Gordon will die, G-Man will rez him and teleport him to safety.

Da End.
Um, we're talking about Breen and Dropships here(star wars too:p )where does that come in

DeusExMachina said:
I thought we were talking about how Gordon escapes.
Posted in wrng thread...:cheese: Haw haw...*laugh till dies

So I've just seen a screen of the upper area of the Citadel...quite frankly, there is no upper area of the Citadel - it's just a swirling mass of energy with green lightening spewing from it. How awesome? Too awesome.

Samon said:
So I've just seen a screen of the upper area of the Citadel...quite frankly, there is no upper area of the Citadel - it's just a swirling mass of energy with green lightening spewing from it. How awesome? Too awesome.

do tell where you "saw" it :D

[Minor spoiler]

Baha!

Biomech, pah... that dropship dropping the strider could do enough evidence for me...
Even so, that was a bit of fun now, wasn't it? Is there gonna be another thread dedicated to the saving of Alyx from the evil clutches of previews?

I think that maybe now Breen's been obliterated... at least his physical self... could it be that the teleport only half worked, and he's now in the body of one of those Advisors in the pods? Could it be that he'll make his debute back into the series as an uber-evil guy with a different set of limbs? Maybe that pod can be attached to some huge synth thing, and we'll have a mecha-Breen after all! :borg: I kid people, I kid! :E

The episode 2 preview in PC GAMER US stated that Breen was now "out of the picture" and the advisors have taken things into their own hands, that to me is enough to suggest that Breen is really gone for good.

I do wish that Valve would solve some of these things conclusively. Breen being one of them.

Ludah said:
I do wish that Valve would solve some of these things conclusively. Breen being one of them.

You and me both mate, especially when they tell you they are gonna.

stemot said:
The episode 2 preview in PC GAMER US stated that Breen was now "out of the picture" and the advisors have taken things into their own hands, that to me is enough to suggest that Breen is really gone for good.

You could also treat it as Breen being out of the Combine's plan to... uh... obliterate the Earth.

bigburpco said:
You could also treat it as Breen being out of the Combine's plan to... uh... obliterate the Earth.

Nah I`d say it`s meanings pretty clear, if he was still hnging around in whatever form, he wouldnt be out of the picture.

also, the good part with episodes is that they (valve) can change things depending on what the fans liked in the last episode, so if 99% of the fans want breen to be back (advisor host body, anyone?), he may be back later, who knows?

Arkangel said:
also, the good part with episodes is that they (valve) can change things depending on what the fans liked in the last episode, so if 99% of the fans want breen to be back (advisor host body, anyone?), he may be back later, who knows?

That is true, but I for one don`t want him back, he was an amazing character, but there is such a thing as making you chase the same guy too much.

Leave him dead I say, now make us tackle his bosses :D

Back