REAL Unreal Engine 3 Pic

M

Mr.Magnetichead

From the NV40 launch.

unreal3.jpg

what about the ATI card!! which of those two is better! oh God i had almost made a decision!

Very nice, but one pic isnt enough! We need more! MORE!!! :D

:naughty: Nice stuff man, it's superb!! But hey, is the Unreal Engine 3 going to be better than the Source and Havok?

Havok is a physics engine that can be implemented into game engines, not a game engine in itself :/

And since the Unreal Engine 3.0 is for the next generation of games (the one after halflife2) its safe to say it will have more/better features than Source.

Sorce has nothing amazingly groundbreaking in it ailevation.

Also Unreal Tech uses Karma instead of havok.

Thats absolutely awesome, like a movie or something.

UE 3 uses Nova for physics and that is amazeing. Apparantly someone is sneaking a video clip out so we should have the whole thing soon.

After watching the video all i can say is....HOLY SHIT! This kicks six shades of crap outa anything else.

That engine beats absolutely everything i've ever seen in a game engine

one of those pictures i posted was from far cry PS3.0 not UE3.0

Thanks, very cool.

This outperforme Doom3 engine. I think Quak4 will have somethings similar to U3.

HOLY CHRISTMAS!
It has true caustics! This is amazing!

/me picks his jaw from the floor...

AMAZING!

Is this going to be a game anytime soon? Pobz, it's more like Half-Life Who?

ray_MAN said:
Is this going to be a game anytime soon? Pobz, it's more like Half-Life Who?

Anytime soon? More like 2006. This is a next next gen engine, should not be compared to engines like Doom 3, X-Ray and Source.

Well Epic tend to release games on time, unlike a certain other games developer we know. I bet Unreal 3 will be out before HL2 :p

I am buying 6800Ultra PCIE 512Mb if it better than X880XT PCIE

Wow :O

I cant get over the fact that in the not so distant future, i will actually be controlling this unbelievable quality of graphics.

Abom said:

Let me spell it out to everyone a bit more - click there, mmk? :p

While the 6800U looks like a good card, it's not really pushing the boundaries that far... I'm certainly excited to see what ATi will come up with.

Abom said:

While the 6800U looks like a good card, it's not really pushing the boundaries that far... I'm certainly excited to see what ATi will come up with.

wow thanks abom. :angel:

Abom said:

One more than one occasion, it's barely faster than the XT or sometimes even a bit slower... not really impressive.
What's the latest word on PS3.0 on the X800? I think ATI will win this one again, if the PS3.0 performance is good (if it even has PS3.0)
If the XT would have PS3.0, I don't think it would have run that UE3 much worse than the 6800.
Though, I'm not a fanboy, I'll happily buy an Nvidia if that's the better card, but this is certainly not the 2x 9800 XT performance that was once suggested of the NV40.

PvtRyan said:
One more than one occasion, it's barely faster than the XT or sometimes even a bit slower... not really impressive.
What's the latest word on PS3.0 on the X800? I think ATI will win this one again, if the PS3.0 performance is good (if it even has PS3.0)
If the XT would have PS3.0, I don't think it would have run that UE3 much worse than the 6800.
Though, I'm not a fanboy, I'll happily buy an Nvidia if that's the better card, but this is certainly not the 2x 9800 XT performance that was once suggested of the NV40.

To be fair, look at it - the 6800U's getting faster speeds or equal speeds with more Image Quality; the AA and AF are higher. Even so, it's not a huge leap.

In some games the NV40 is twice as fast as the XT, the only time I'v seen it go slower is in a CPU bound situation.

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11513&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

You might as well just go there if you want info on the NV40, thats the board the UE3.0 video was orginally posted on anyway.

I just read a french review and in some games the NV40 was only going 10 fps faster which isn't very promiseing, but then again it's going more than twice as fast in others.

Back