REAL Unreal Engine 3 Pic

G0rgon said:
I am buying 6800Ultra PCIE 512Mb if it better than X880XT PCIE

Why? In 2 years when this tech is actually USED there will be much more powerful cards out.

good point. My current PC got ATI 9700 and I am trying to get the best graphics out of D3, HL2 and stalker. I think I am getting a new PC next July.

mrchimp said:
I just read a french review and in some games the NV40 was only going 10 fps faster which isn't very promiseing, but then again it's going more than twice as fast in others.

Perhaps they are referring to Q3 - who needs another 10 fps there?

But anyway, is the X800 PS3.0 compliant?

Saw the screenshots and I'm currently downloading the vid.

Oh, and waiting for my heart to start again....

Anytime soon? More like 2006. This is a next next gen engine, should not be compared to engines like Doom 3, X-Ray and Source.

And I'm inclined to agree with that statement- it would be like comparing Quake to the Doom III engine; no offence to the likes of Half-Life 2 (which I still firmly believe/hope will be the best FPS gameplay since anything).

Seriously though, and this is an incredible thought, in my lifetime, within the coming decades, we'll be playing games so photorealistic that they shame real life, CGI films and the like. Although that would theoretically mean that every graphics engine ever would have the same appearance and styling...

once again.... i have no comment.... :|

EDIT: NO! I do have a comment... i juts bought a new fcking rig! and now this shit, very pretty shit mind you, comes along... will this mean i have to buy an nVidia card? the cards i've always hated? the cards that had the l33t fans contest?

GeForce 6800 Demos
Check out the new NVIDIA tech demos: Nalu, Timbury, and Clear Sailing.

NVIDIA Demo: Nalu: Nalu, daughter of the deep sea, stops to admire a creature of the deep as it ascends towards the water's surface. The NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 GPUs deliver brute strength to render the soft shading of her long hair and the soft shadows on her skin. http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_nalu_home.html

NVIDIA Demo: Timbury: Timbury Entonin Mudgett is a scientist who never lets entomology stand in the way of a good adventure. Forever searching for new and undiscovered specimens, he traverses jungles, prairies, and caves for rare insects. http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_timbury_home.html

NVIDIA Demo: Clear Sailing: In an ironic twist, the fastest brigantine in the pirate fleet cuts through the swells of a choppy ocean in an attempt to outrun the most feared captain of the royal navy. The NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 GPUs power the fleeing ship, demonstrating that their powerful vertex and fragment shaders can create effects that were not possible before http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_clearsailing_home.html

Source:http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=17436

jonbob said:
Perhaps they are referring to Q3 - who needs another 10 fps there?

NO Q3 is about 30% faster although thats only on the highest setting's (e.g 1600x1200 4xAA 8xAF) and on a top end CPU.

and Unless ATi have been bullshitting us and Gorgon has some inside info the r4xx does not have SM 3.0.

mrchimp said:
NO Q3 is about 30% faster although thats only on the highest setting's (e.g 1600x1200 4xAA 8xAF) and on a top end CPU.

and Unless ATi have been bullshitting us and Gorgon has some inside info the r4xx does not have SM 3.0.

The x800 is using ps2.0 while (x880xt is ps3.0 PCIE)

Where are you getting that info from? Considering ATi's last statement was that they wouldn't have SM 3.0 support untill the r500 and that any other information released since then has been through leaks I'm a bit skepticle.

thanks ray_man.

Oh mrchimp, I read old news that ATI will support PS2.0; But lately ATI has changed their Spec and added PS3.0 to their RoadMap. I think I read it in HardCOP or Xbit. hmmmmm I am not sure. :S

I'v seen a chart suggesting that the R4xx will have SM 3.0 (shader model 3.0) but people were slandering it.

They said they didn't have SM 3.0 just before GDC which wasn't exactly a long time ago, but then they also said they only had 8x2 pipelines and now there saying they have 12x1 and 16x1 or atleast thats what the rumour mongers are saying that ATi are saying.

So really it's all just a load of bollocks untill the reviewers NDA's are lifted.

correct,
they used to have 12 Piplines and now they got 16 for the XT version coming in July04. well your right again, give it few days till the official release of the card.

Any other links for video? Those two aren't working.

EDIT: Nevermind, one of them is back.

Impressive. :)

Loved that part best when they showed different lightning’s (red, blue, yellow etc.) on a monster and a wall, very nice.

Will be interesting to see how PS3 will do against this...

Loke said:
Impressive. :)

Loved that part best when they showed different lightning’s (red, blue, yellow etc.) on a monster and a wall, very nice.

Will be interesting to see how PS3 will do against this...

do you mean play station 3 or PS3.0? i think the demo already uses SM 3.0 (please call it SM not PS it's confuseing and there are VS 3.0 as well).

Apparantly anything that can be done in SM 3.0 can be done in SM2.0 but slower, except some fancy HDR stuff (pixel blending or something).

W00t! My mom just said I could get this for graduation on June 11th!

my god......that is the most impressive display of technology I have ever seen

qckbeam said:
going there crashed my browser....

Works fine for me.. it's a link mrChimp dropped back on page 2

Just watched that video.. wow..

Lol, dumb joke indeed.

Oh yeah, BTW... *creams pants* (*__*)

Guys, the vid link is down, does anyone know where to get it from?

I posted the link with longin and pass in a while back, even though there is no login and pass... you just put %20 in for the log in/pass or spaces.

Back