Reasons to Not Get BF2

Kangy

Reaction score
Okay, so it comes out here soon. Friday, I think, so I'll probably pop over to somewhere to pick it up then. However, I'm sort of rethinking it right now. I mean, there was all that crap with EA blacklisting servers that are only giving you the game you shelled out for. That pisses me off. I don't want to have to play on EA servers, or rent them to get the full game, for gods sake. I want to buy a game, and play what I actually think I'm getting. It's also EA. Y'know... EA? That company that eats your kittens to squeeze the cash out of them?

The demo was awfully buggy, too. The server browser was much like nailing my toes to my DSL cable one by one, really. If it didn't crash, it was slow and the filters had the precision of a blind weight lifter.

So, yeah, can any of you BF fans give me something to quieten my fears that bad management on EA's side will ruin this excellent game?

the only thing i'm worried about is that servers will be full of people who dont use teamwork

Oh, that too. I hate it when people speed off into the distance with empty gunner seats. Passenger seats, fine, but gunner seats being empty is just silly. I always shoot at them if they do, to try and get their attention.

From what I hear, everyone works together because they want points, in the full version. I also heard the server browser is much smoother, but I will wait to judge that until I get the game.

Well ask raziaar if it is fixed in the full version, or rent it, or play at a firiends house or dl it first(although it's illegal if you don't erase it in 24 hours).

Grey Fox said:
Well ask raziaar if it is fixed in the full version, or rent it, or play at a firiends house or dl it first(although it's illegal if you don't erase it in 24 hours).
Uh, no, it's illegal full-stop.

Kangy said:
Oh, that too. I hate it when people speed off into the distance with empty gunner seats. Passenger seats, fine, but gunner seats being empty is just silly. I always shoot at them if they do, to try and get their attention.
yeah thats annoying, even moreso a medic who is 5 feet infront of you and wont give you a medpack even though hes just spawned and you've asked for a medic 20 times, i felt like shooting this guy, he just kept walking off infront of me. :flame:

I've been contemplating not getting this game, almost as if its too good to be true. I'll be really dissapointed if the HL2NET clan isn't organized.

/me glares at Foxtrot

The only problem with the server browser was the videos that made it really choppy.

Axyon said:
Uh, no, it's illegal full-stop.
well ok then, it's illegal where you live, but here in holland it's different I think.

International Laws probably have no differences from country to country.

SOURCE?!?!?!?!?!

Pesmerga said:
I've been contemplating not getting this game, almost as if its too good to be true. I'll be really dissapointed if the HL2NET clan isn't organized.

* Pesmerga glares at Foxtrot
I'd consider leaving my current clan if we really got something organized going...

Ennui said:
I'd consider leaving my current clan if we really got something organized going...

Yayayayay. Foxtrot can not be trusted!

Pesmerga said:
Huh? What video?

The one on the right, delete it and it will make your life far better....in the demo anyway.

Kangy said:

I'm more often the other side of the fence, sitting in an empty vehicle trying to get people to get in.

Preferably someone in the same squad, but with the demo servers anyway, I've rarely seen any teamwork. Very few people joining squads too.

Plus, the server browser does suck quite a bit.

for me, it is just a grey box. But just move all the videos in the video folder to the desktop and see if it is any different, if not, move them back.

A reason not to get it is the game itself... it probably gets boring as fast as the first game =/

Pesmerga said:
International Laws probably have no differences from country to country.

SOURCE?!?!?!?!?!

It's not an internation law, every country has idfferent laws regarding software dowloading, but in any case even if it's illegal, I would still download it if I wasn't sure about a game, even after the demo.

Grey Fox said:
well ok then, it's illegal where you live, but here in holland it's different I think.

No, It's illegal. Period. No matter where you are. That, like the "you're allowed to download it if you've bought it" "law" is a lie propagated by software pirates.
Yes, under the fair use act, you're allowed to make a backup copy.... but "make" is the key word there. Not download.

And think about it... there's no logical reason be allowed to pirate something for any length of time. If they wanted people to try t, they'd make a damn demo.

Heh, I was just checking out the clan, but they suck. They added me to their roster though, even though I said I wasn't going to join.

Recoil said:
A reason not to get it is the game itself... it probably gets boring as fast as the first game =/

True.

:(

dammnit Kangy, u post this today?!?!?!?
i already got the game :frown: :frown: :frown:

damn slow staff'ers
/me wanders off mumbling stuff

Another reason is because the game itself is not EXTREME!

Luckily the store that I placed my pre-order with let me cancel my pre-order. They gave me a store credit. My video card died on me and frankly I don't think this game is worth buying a new video card for.

After ending my addiction to World of Warcraft, I set out to my local video game store and saw two games that caught my attention: Battlefield 2 and GTA:SA (for PC).

Then I remembered something - Battlefield: Vietnam. Because of that one game, I passed on Battlefield 2.

I'm now happily installing GTA:SA.

blahblahblah said:
After ending my addiction to World of Warcraft, I set out to my local video game store and saw two games that caught my attention: Battlefield 2 and GTA:SA (for PC).

Then I remembered something - Battlefield: Vietnam. Because of that one game, I passed on Battlefield 2.

I'm now happily installing GTA:SA.

BF:V wasn't that bad, I liked it to be honest, anyway at least download the Gulf of Oman DEMO. BF2 is really different, netcode is a hundred times better than the previous installments and the infantry combat system feels a lot better too.

But on the other hand GTA:SA is also a great game which will keep you busy for a while. And congrats for quitting WoW, I stopped four months ago after realizing what a waste of time it was ;)

SidewinderX said:
No, It's illegal. Period. No matter where you are. That, like the "you're allowed to download it if you've bought it" "law" is a lie propagated by software pirates.
Yes, under the fair use act, you're allowed to make a backup copy.... but "make" is the key word there. Not download.

And think about it... there's no logical reason be allowed to pirate something for any length of time. If they wanted people to try t, they'd make a damn demo.
No, not period, every country has different laws regarding these things.

Grey Fox said:
No, not period, every country has different laws regarding these things.
Actually, I don't think it would matter since the game was made was published in the US. Oh and it is an international law.

I think you guys blow this whole EA thing out of proportion. They are not Nazis. They are a ****ing game company. Them being powerful and ignorant doesn't give you the right to say, "It's EA, I shall warez!"

thats true ...
as for the download thing it does vary between countries but the specific thing that you are refering to applies to roms.. you can download roms and play them as long as you : -
1) own the game
2) delete it within 24/hrs

ray_MAN said:
I think you guys blow this whole EA thing out of proportion. They are not Nazis. They are a ****ing game company. Them being powerful and ignorant doesn't give you the right to say, "It's EA, I shall warez!"
I'd say how i don't care because EA treat developers like shit, so i'm not paying them for anything. But that means the developers who actually worked hard on the game get no money from me, which they deserve. So yeah, i don't like EA but i aint gonna warez this particular game. Some games are just too cool to warez. Like Psychonauts

Im also not sure if Im going to get the game, its very, very fun. Dont get me wrong about that.

But Ive had nonstop issues with players, and I doubt that will stop with the full game, doesnt ever do it for other games.

- People who dont even wait five seconds to let a gunner in there plane or heli. Worst of which is Heli. Once me and Amish took every flag on the map without exiting the heli (Due to fantastic flying/gunning from amish and me doing the same for ground troops). I think mostly helis annoy me, planes can still be deadly without the copilot. Jeeps on the other hand, if you move off along you are a totall ass, unless theres noone to pick up, WAIT FOR PEOPLE. Tanks are allright, since there pretty powerfull without a gunner.

- As playing commander on our last game, there was four squads, these were as followed.

Squad 1 - One heli flying around without a gunner, and an assault on ground.
Squad 2 - THREE engineers in the same god damn squad.
Squad 3 - "HL2.NET" One of the squads that listened to me, awesome.
Squad 4 - "Yay Jobs!" Not the best team of people, but a good lot anyhoo.

The thing that annoyed me was apart from the named squads, everyone else was making squads with just them in it.. If your a sniper, fine. If not, get in anouther bloody squad -.-

- Ship camping/plane heli camping is still all too true in bf. I dont enjoy having half our team stand around and do NOTHING but wait for stuff to spawn.

All these problems are player-related, without bad players the games end up being fantastic.

I got the game today, and yeah there's too many people waiting to get in planes and helicopters. The teamwork isn't atrocious, but not the best.

When I was commander, I had only 3 people listen to my orders. The rest of them went solo and got killed.

Reasons not to get Battlefield 2: Extremely taxing graphics, terrible server browser, and incompetent single player (wtf! there's no sp 32 and 64 plr maps!!11one!!1)

Burn said:
All these problems are player-related, without bad players the games end up being fantastic.
Well apart from the annoying bugs. And the annoying things that arent bugs.
But yeah, the players seem to try to ruin every online game that they possibly can.

Back