Refresh?!

Which button to refresh?!

• Ctrl-R fo' life!

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • F5! :D

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • ...I press the little arrow thingy.

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • I right click and click 'refresh', which takes the most effort. [Effort? On MY internets?]

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters
Your point is my point exactly. :) Druckles was basically saying the mouse is useless by saying: Sure, any computer scientist/technician worth his salt can navigate a browser/entire OS GUI with just a keyboard, or can fluently utilize a command prompt to do the same thing, but who cares? I use the refresh button/mouse because it's more convenient, and it works. I use my keyboard when the mouse/GUI/OS breaks. Capice?

I meant that a keyboard would be more efficient to use because the keys are never going to change position. And a keyboard in general is far more intuitive. Maybe not to operate a GUI, but when you know the commands, it's much quicker. I mean, why reach for my mouse, then move it up to the top right and click, when I could just stick my thumb on the alt key and hit F4 with my middle finger? And it's even worse with the refresh button because you have to direct your mouse to it. You could overshoot, then undershoot, but the F5 key will always stay where it is. It's not the fact you can do it, it's the fact it's quicker.

Edit: And I don't use ctrl+r because there's a high chance of hitting ctrl+w :p

I meant that a keyboard would be more efficient to use because the keys are never going to change position. And a keyboard in general is far more intuitive. Maybe not to operate a GUI, but when you know the commands, it's much quicker. I mean, why reach for my mouse, then move it up to the top right and click, when I could just stick my thumb on the alt key and hit F4 with my middle finger? And it's even worse with the refresh button because you have to direct your mouse to it. You could overshoot, then undershoot, but the F5 key will always stay where it is. It's not the fact you can do it, it's the fact it's quicker.

Edit: And I don't use ctrl+r because there's a high chance of hitting ctrl+w :p
Oh, my bad. I misunderstood then. :LOL: However, I understand button mapping is different for Vista OS functions. For example, in another thread, we discussed how lame Ctrl+shift+esc is for the task manager in Vista. I'm used to XP's Ctrl+Alt+Del. In this case, the keyboard method is inconvenient, but this is an entirely different issue altogether I suppose as it's OS related. We're talking about button mapping for browsers.:)

Oh, my bad. I misunderstood then. :LOL: However, I understand button mapping is different for Vista OS functions. For example, in another thread, we discussed how lame Ctrl+shift+esc is for the task manager in Vista. I'm used to XP's Ctrl+Alt+Del. In this case, the keyboard method is inconvenient, but this is an entirely different issue altogether I suppose as it's OS related. We're talking about button mapping for browsers.:)

Wait... Vista has different button mapping from XP...??

Staying-with-XP 5429, Vista 1

Wait... Vista has different button mapping from XP...??

Staying-with-XP 5429, Vista 1
What is the only win for Vista. I'm curious.:rolleyes: BTW: What I meant to say is "key binding". Button mapping sounds n00bish. :p

What is the only win for Vista. I'm curious.:rolleyes: BTW: What I meant to say is "key binding". Button mapping sounds n00bish. :p

Key-binding is something you do to customize something. You can't key-bind many keys in Windows. I'd say it's more like key-rape, or something.

And the win goes for having DX10 compatibility. I'm still waiting for that XP Hack.

F5 I think. Most of the time its F5.

Actually, whatever my hand's position is after I've typed something. Usually, I have my hand hovering over the keys and one button is easier to push than ctrl and R, though, thinking about it now, it takes more effort for F5 than it does ctrl + R.

I'm sticking with F5.

Back