[release date] Now taking bets!!

i reckon we shall see it late July - Early August so like July 20th - August 10th, but if you wanted to pin an exact day down then how about July 31st

September 30th 2004

although pessimism aside, Im really hoping for a june/july release.

hey!!

im surprised nobody has wagered the famous "Doug Lombardi -2 weeks" :LOL:

Even if we get a release date at e3, don't put much faith in it...

Judging by the whiteboard it's impossible that it will be finished before the 3rd of June. Sometime in August is when we'll be seeing it is my guess.

Well, Gabe was said: "I have only fev weeks to finish Half-Life 2."
I was thought: Game will relase Jun 2004

This one!

booya

Attachments

• 174s_22.scripteditor2.jpg
    174s_22.scripteditor2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 189
In August I think.
Or they set the release date in June then delay to August. Same thing. :D

:hmph: You want the god damn release date!?! Here it is!

May 10th, 04 - December 31, 04... there's your release date(s)!

Sai said:
they're gonna announce a release date alright, i mean they kinda but not really announced a psuedo date when those dutch kids came to visit them
You mean belgium kids.

Sai said:
they're gonna announce a release date alright, i mean they kinda but not really announced a psuedo date when those dutch kids came to visit them

What 'psuedo date' did they 'kinda but not really' announce? I must've missed any mention of a date. :(

Dr. Freeman said:
hey!!

im surprised nobody has wagered the famous "Doug Lombardi -2 weeks" :LOL:

naw how about the famous

"soon, it definately wont be another two months"
rofl

I reckon June...Possibly July (That month people seem to have forgotten about.)

if it doesn't come out June...that won't bother me much because my last exam is June 25 meaning i wont get much time to paly anyway. Also, im going to France for a week or so shortly after that.

jonbob said:
Yes, but they took from an episode of Star Trek. "Gamesters of Triskellion" as memory serves.

As for my date guess I would go with Confucious, and he say: "idle speculation does not bring game sooner"

Ah Cool thanks for that.

I'm hoping they'll announce that the game is gold at E3. Then they'll have it up on Steam by the middle of June. I actually dreamed that this happened, but in the same dream evil toasters ended up invading E3 and blowing up the MadKatz booth.

Its the 15 june, wait o fu*k that was doom 3 release date.

Mr. Redundant said:
naw how about the famous

"soon, it definately wont be another two months"
rofl

lol Redundant.. im shocked only u replied to the famous 2 weeks quote.. :E

26th July 2004, 8:47 am, current topside temp 93 degree's, with an estimated high of 105, shops will be kept at a pleasent 68 degree's throughout the buying process.

Dr. Freeman said:
lol Redundant.. im shocked only u replied to the famous 2 weeks quote.. :E

Most of us have a mental block around that...we don't even remember any such thing happening. In our minds Hl2 has only just been announced.

Somewhere between 20th of August and 30th of September

If the game was Alpha in March, it's definitely possible that it'll be sometime in May or June

JimJimBinks said:
If the game was Alpha in March, it's definitely possible that it'll be sometime in May or June

Doug said they hoped to complete the game mid summer, which is consistent with a late summer release.
Doug may not always tell the truth, but if he says something, it will certainly not come out sooner :LOL:
I'm sure it's not gonna be here before the end of july, a good estimate would be around 20 August I think.

June 17th 2004. Well I hope its before September cause thats when school starts!!!!

Well my sources told me May 10th but now there telling me May 11th...
Or May 15th. Or possibly may 12-14 (Yes E3).
My sources are stupid :). O wait im my source :).
Ive come to the conclusion that im stupid!

In todays IGN Article they stated that there would be a more firm release date announced at E3. I think the fact that they're letting press play it is a very good sign.

Late June, as in 25:th. It will not be out for my birthday, 14th, never.

Regards
Dead-Inside

JimJimBinks said:
In todays IGN Article they stated that there would be a more firm release date announced at E3. I think the fact that they're letting press play it is a very good sign.

Firm release date?
Now they are saying 'late summer'.
I think they will say 'before early autum' in E3.

Going on the whiteboard shot - regardless of what it says or doesnt say - the numbers are clearly dates in a work schedule, and the last date in the list is early June. If this is the last date of work to be done, expect at least a week to finish whatever it is they're due to be doing, then add another 2 or 3 weeks to package and distribute the game worldwide and you've got early July.

Presuming everything is on track.

But if it's down to betting on specific dates, then I would have to say the 4th of July, I mean the same campaign worked for Will Smith and Brundle-fly.

Back