*Release* de_knight

F

Frips

well, this was actually released on interlopers.net forums a while ago, but I figured I would post it here too to get some more feedback:

Knight Valley - Bomb/Defuse
by Matthew Roosa (a.k.a Frips)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the Discovery of the unique Knight Valley Castle buried within the mountainside it was built into, Davis International, one of the worlds leading global corperations offered to fund the restoration of what was dubbed one of the most important architectural finds of the Twentieth century.

Terrorists: Davis International has been using the restoration as a cover story, using the area to store weapons and dump hazardous waste without reguard to the environment. As part of the local militia You must either destroy the weapons cash located at the entrance to the oldest part of the castle, or destroy the courtyard and entrance to the building housing and taking part in the dumping.

Bombspots A and B

Counter-Terrorists: It is reported that a local militia group is planning on disrupting Davis International's efforts on restoring the Knight Valley Castle. It is believed that the terrorists are targeting supplies and Davis International's on site base of operations. Protect the supplies and surrounding community and eliminate the terrorist threat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to anyone who plays this and offers or has offered input.[/b]

Download Links:
http://csm2.net/view_map.php?map_id=1872
http://www.cstrike-planet.com/maps/782 - CStrike Planet Download
http://files.filefront.com/de_knightrar/;4085025;;/fileinfo.html - FileFront Download

If he has not supplied the nav file then you can just play it with bots and it will auto-matically create the nav file so you have bots. This looks awesome, I wish my first map was as good as this. (Which map is this for you btw im pretty sure its not your first) The description is very detailed and if it wasnt for me just getting Q4 I would download it definitely.

Awesome... absolutely awsome...

OK I'm gonna edit this post with feedback from the screens and the layout. FYI it's weapons "cache" in English ("caché" in French, meaning "hidden").

[Edit]

Has anyone mentioned bombsite B being particularly difficult to assault (either Ts looking to plant or CTs looking to defuse). All those boxes give so many hiding places. The time spent just routing out any enemies lying in wait will lose you the tactical advantage you gain from rushing or feigning a rush at the other bombsite if you have to spend 30 seconds searching behind every crate.

At bombsite A it looks like that walkway around the outside is too wide. It seems like CTs can crouch right up against the wall so that anyone below can't see them until it's too late. It's one thing having points of cover, but having a whole area along which an enemy could be hiding could be quite disadvantaging.

There are only 2 links between the T and CT side of the map. This means that CTs only have to reach and camp 2 exits, easily done with a pair on each one. It would be better to have these linking corridors with more exits coming off them to the CT side, and try to vary the angles so you have to concentrate fire on one of the exits and can't cover more than one from a secure position.

For instance, take de_dust. Two main links between the T and CT side, but four exits, 3 from the tunnel and one from the underpass. But, most importantly is that anyone watching the underpass cannot watch the exits down the other end, and can't watch the exit above the underpass as accurately because they must move their aim more.

---

The brushwork and general look are very nice. The only quarrel I'd have is that some of the architecture is a bit blocky. I understand that the style of architecture makes it mostly blocky, but there are areas where blockiness could be avoided or cut down.

Back