[Release] Semi-Automatic weapons script.

Its not a hack and I used it... Didn't help me... kinda pissed me off actually. It will help some hurt others. Good job wither way.

sigh... this is pretty petty now, STFU and start moaning about something which really affects us like aimbots, speedhackers and wallhacks. I couldn't care less if someone used this on me just because it's not really that damaging against me and doesn't really give them a unfair advantage as I can do semi auto without the script anyway lol. Sometimes I think you people here just moan because you have nothing better to do. This guy spent his time and effort making this and then released it as he thought it might be some use to a few people. And all he gets is grief. Sometimes I think it's because of people like you the CS community is going down the shitter.

babydave said:
2 universal definitions for cheating:

an external script, utility or modification that isnt included in the game and available to all players which gives an unfair advantage over other players.

modifying the game engine code to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
By this logic the burst fire script is not a cheat.

babydave said:
what the hell, everyone who doesnt cheat has bad games occasionally - everyone is human so basically you are making sure you never fall below a certain standard, thats definately not honest and borders on cheating.
Your saying by keeping himself in practice so he can play good is cheating? Your saying he should just let his game goto shit? Wtf are you on!

babydave said:
CS is the only game i have that is like this where people modify the engine to try and improve their skills, why not try and play the game as it was made and how the majority of people play it rather than usin 'artificial skills' because thats all it is, artificial if you need the computer to help you....
We're not talking about a serverside plugin here its just a clientside script. Everyone has them these days. There is no engine modification involved.

jabberwock95 said:
Scripting is not cheating.
Correct :)

jabberwock95 said:
This script helps you fire only one shot at a time. You could also do this by clicking the mouse only once. Is that cheating?
Nope

jabberwock95 said:
If cheating is defined as 'having an advantage' then everyone with surround sound is cheating, cos I dont have it.
Headphones are better than surround sound. Get some and you will pwn.

jabberwock95 said:
Everyone with a monitor bigger than 17" is cheating, cos thats what i've got.
idk what I can say about that, I guess they are ;)

jabberwock95 said:
Cheating is altering the code of the game to do something normally not permitted.
Or using a cheat code already put into the game ;) impulse 101

jabberwock95 said:
If scripts were cheats, valve wouldnt have put them in the game.
That's right, you tell me it's a cheat to use a tool the developer put in for the very purpose of you using it?

jabberwock95 said:
And as the poster above me said, good cs players will take every non-cheating advantage they can get.
I made a cool script for Team Fortress that puts a circle of pipebombs around you when you are a demo man. I just went to the flag and put a circle then hid and when I saw the message they got our flag detonate and kaboom! I don't think it's an advantage you could probarbly make a perfect circle if you tried. It would take you longer though which is why scripting is in the half-life and source engines, simply to make things faster and easier for you. It's not cheating it's being advanced and taking that extra step. The only people who complain are the ones that aren't smart enough to write scripts.

Also, this particular script is a disadvantage as any skilled player is much better at semi-auto than this is.

Agret said:
By this logic the burst fire script is not a cheat.

Your saying by keeping himself in practice so he can play good is cheating? Your saying he should just let his game goto shit? Wtf are you on!

We're not talking about a serverside plugin here its just a clientside script. Everyone has them these days. There is no engine modification involved.

Correct :)

Nope

Headphones are better than surround sound. Get some and you will pwn.

idk what I can say about that, I guess they are ;)

Or using a cheat code already put into the game ;) impulse 101

That's right, you tell me it's a cheat to use a tool the developer put in for the very purpose of you using it?

I made a cool script for Team Fortress that puts a circle of pipebombs around you when you are a demo man. I just went to the flag and put a circle then hid and when I saw the message they got our flag detonate and kaboom! I don't think it's an advantage you could probarbly make a perfect circle if you tried. It would take you longer though which is why scripting is in the half-life and source engines, simply to make things faster and easier for you. It's not cheating it's being advanced and taking that extra step. The only people who complain are the ones that aren't smart enough to write scripts.

Also, this particular script is a disadvantage as any skilled player is much better at semi-auto than this is.

arse :)

My 2 cents...

I've been playing CS since.. can really remember but very early betas of CS. I, personally, think that there shouldn't be any scripts that let you gain an unfair advantage in a firefight. Buy scripts are fine, they just let you buy things a bit faster. Burst scripts and things like that let you gain an advantage (however slight it may be) over the opponent in a one-on-one situation.

^^^^ that is in my perfect little world.
Do I give a shit if someone uses these scripts? Not really. Does it affect gameplay much? Not really.

Its like going to a LAN and playing the guy who freaking kicks ass (Quake 3). Now, its a 40-50 person LAN and my skill level is ALMOST as high as his. I can beat everyone else but this guy, and he probably beats me about 65% of the time. I play against him for a while, and realize that he is really really good. When I walked over to his comp, he had all custom models with red heads and green feet, and he had his textures all washed out so that the walls were basically white. I think that this is just taking it too far. Why play the game when you are ruining the entire experience? I think that people should tweak their graphical settings to make the game look the most realistic, and just play the game. No scripts, no hacks, just play the game... become immersed in the experience... have some fun.

Meh, I guess I'm just old-school. Don't get me wrong, I love competetive play, but everyone should be on a level playing field. Now, I understand that some people might have slower computers or something, but then just lower the texture quality to get upto the same framerate range. The original Rainbow Six was an amazing competetive game. When I played, people just came on, and had fun. Maybe I need to find some new servers, maybe I need a new game. One thing is for sure, people need to stop taking these things so seriously, especially in pubs. Practice and have fun in pubs, even scrims... have some REAL fun in matches with the correct graphical settings and real immersion.

Thank you...
We need some real gamers...

Nicely Said Paintballer, I Totally Agree, After All, Games Are All About Having Fun.

Paintballer said:
My 2 cents... Why play the game when you are ruining the entire experience? I think that people should tweak their graphical settings to make the game look the most realistic, and just play the game.
Well said Paintballer. I agree with the above but I don't agree about this script being a hack or wrecking the gaming experience. It's available to everyone to use or not use. It's a choice.

Yeah, I don't think that a script that minor is ruining the experience... but in my ideal world everyone would just tweak the game to look the best that it can on their hardware, and use their skill and only their skill to compete. :)

too similar to...

This reminds me of those nasty scripts which similarily "control" your fire so that you shoot at a rate which significantly reduces recoil. Essentially, that type of script does the same as this one - it controls bursts or rate of fire.

Another similar script automatically adjusts your aim to counter the recoil of a weapon. Most people agree this is absolutely wrong, but many of the arguments in this thread seem to be "if you can script it, it is good!". Egads I say.

I believe any script that modifies the way the guns shoot (and as a result the way they burst) is wrong. I know that the intent with this script is to force the user into single shot bursts, but as many have said that can easily be done by quickly clicking the mouse.

If the player doesn't have the skill to let off the fire button quickly enough to shoot a one or two round burst... they should just practice.

Finally, even though some may find a short term gain in this, I believe it will hinder you quite a bit since it will stop you from learning spray patterns. Although a bit random, understanding these patterns greatly improves your game.

No offense meant towards anyone, just my two cents.

- 501, a newb.

Johnyqd said:
This reminds me of those nasty scripts which similarily "control" your fire so that you shoot at a rate which significantly reduces recoil. Essentially, that type of script does the same as this one - it controls bursts or rate of fire.

Another similar script automatically adjusts your aim to counter the recoil of a weapon. Most people agree this is absolutely wrong, but many of the arguments in this thread seem to be "if you can script it, it is good!". Egads I say.

I believe any script that modifies the way the guns shoot (and as a result the way they burst) is wrong. I know that the intent with this script is to force the user into single shot bursts, but as many have said that can easily be done by quickly clicking the mouse.

If the player doesn't have the skill to let off the fire button quickly enough to shoot a one or two round burst... they should just practice.

Finally, even though some may find a short term gain in this, I believe it will hinder you quite a bit since it will stop you from learning spray patterns. Although a bit random, understanding these patterns greatly improves your game.

No offense meant towards anyone, just my two cents.

- 501, a newb.

wrapped it up in a couple of setences finally this thread can be locked

Lol, I haven't checked halflife2.net for a long time..cant believe how many people are complaining about my simple script... It adds some more realism to the game, IMO I use this just to make my game a lil more realistic. Have you ever seen an M4A1 without a semi auto or safety switch? If you don't like the script, dont bother posting here. I made this for people who wanted semi-auto on automatic weapons, or just to make CS a lil more realistic..You people complain more about a simple semi-auto script than a wallhack or aimbot...

caido_souls said:
sigh... this is pretty petty now, STFU and start moaning about something which really affects us like aimbots, speedhackers and wallhacks. I couldn't care less if someone used this on me just because it's not really that damaging against me and doesn't really give them a unfair advantage as I can do semi auto without the script anyway lol. Sometimes I think you people here just moan because you have nothing better to do. This guy spent his time and effort making this and then released it as he thought it might be some use to a few people. And all he gets is grief. Sometimes I think it's because of people like you the CS community is going down the shitter.

100% Correct. Btw, i'll be releasing a version 2 of this script soon, maybe with an optional safety switch..

It's no hack or cheat.
It is VERY CHEAP THOUGH.

Lol, I haven't checked halflife2.net for a long time..cant believe how many people are complaining about my simple script... It adds some more realism to the game, IMO I use this just to make my game a lil more realistic. Have you ever seen an M4A1 without a semi auto or safety switch? If you don't like the script, dont bother posting here. I made this for people who wanted semi-auto on automatic weapons, or just to make CS a lil more realistic..You people complain more about a simple semi-auto script than a wallhack or aimbot...
Thats just it, CS IS A SEMI-REALISTIC SHOOTER. Not a realistic shooter!

This is no diffrent than using steroids in the olympics.
Besides for the side effects...

This is very Cheap. It's for stupid people who can't ****ing aim a gun. I have never used a hack or script(Besides Autobuy\Rebuy if you include those) in Cs\Cs:S. I do rather good.
These do not improve your skill. You could use these for 2 years, take away the scripts and see how they do. They would do horrible because they would be shooting and wondering why...heh..my recoil is to much!!! This is gay!! I'm leaving!

Fine make scripts like these but all your doing is ruining Cs:S for those who want to play without cheap scripts.
I crown you, Newb of the Newbs.

Minerel said:
It's no hack or cheat.
It is VERY CHEAP THOUGH.

Thats just it, CS IS A SEMI-REALISTIC SHOOTER. Not a realistic shooter!

Besides for the side effects...

This is very Cheap. It's for stupid people who can't ****ing aim a gun. I have never used a hack or script(Besides Autobuy\Rebuy if you include those) in Cs\Cs:S. I do rather good.
These do not improve your skill. You could use these for 2 years, take away the scripts and see how they do. They would do horrible because they would be shooting and wondering why...heh..my recoil is to much!!! This is gay!! I'm leaving!

Fine make scripts like these but all your doing is ruining Cs:S for those who want to play without cheap scripts.
I crown you, Newb of the Newbs.

Hehe, its people like you who accuse people of hacking and say "Im leet, look at my score you nubzorz". I didn't make this for myself to use, and I am not a "Newb". I made it for people who wanted to use it. Not for arses like you who are just looking for something to complain about. And im assuming you would say that wallhacks/aimbots/no recoil scripts aren't cheap?
"Fine make scripts like these but all your doing is ruining Cs:S for those who want to play without cheap scripts."
Who says when you play in a server with someone using my script your playing "with" it? Speedhacks dont ruin Cs:s for those who want to play without cheap speedhacks?..."It's for stupid people who can't ****ing aim a gun." So people who use Autobuy/Rebuy are people who cant press b and select theyre weapons? Stop flaming for something that forces you to fire once, if you cant deal with it, then you, yourself are the "Newb".

jeeesus youre all crazy... this isnt a hack its just a simple script any player can execute from their console.. gj slip777, although i dont need a fire mode script, its a pretty cool idea for added realism

Wow this is stupid. This doesnt help a player at all, just makes em a whole lot worse. I can just see them playing at their first lan...

Jackathan said:
Wow this is stupid. This doesnt help a player at all, just makes em a whole lot worse. I can just see them playing at their first lan...

So dont use it...

Congratulations on releasing another cheat into a community that already has far too many. Hurray! :thumbs:

diluted said:
Congratulations on releasing another cheat into a community that already has far too many. Hurray! :thumbs:

If this is a cheat, then so is a buy script..or auto buy..or a caption script for deaf people that converts all mic chatter into text..or a foot keyboard for the handicaped.. :thumbs:

If this is a cheat, then so is a buy script..or auto buy..or a caption script for deaf people that converts all mic chatter into text..or a foot keyboard for the handicaped..

none of those affect gameplay for other people. I wouldnt say this is a cheat but its just a VERY CHEAP tactic that newbies are going to use. They are all accessibiliity based for disabled, ur script makes skills more accessible which is wrong, the same concept that an aimbot has. you cant shoot accurate so u aimbot, same applies here, u cant shoot 1 or 2 shots so u use a script that does it for you.

I totally agree with you paintballer The HL community and in particular the CS part of it has become obsessed with tweaking the game and these dodgy script type things. I used to play rainbow 6 and it was fun, thats why i play Ghost Recon, its fun virtually everyone apart from the odd cheater is on a level playing field, there are no "scripts", there are no "tweaks", its just pure gaming, i think some people have forgotten the basics of gaming, everyone should be on a level playing field and this script stops that.

In fact dude there are 2 reasons why there is no semi auto or safety selector in CS:
1. Its a SEMI realistic game unlike Rainbow6 etc which are realistic, its meant to be arcadey and lots of shooting.
2. It introduces skill to learn how to fire 1 or 2 shots at a time AND to make u learn spray patterns.

Now ur script has just ruined those 2 principles, cant you see that? Sorry if u dont but its people like you that ruin online gaming with your odd need to create different levels of gameplay, those that play with a totally clean game, those that have some scripts and those that just cheat.

Me myself im pretty good at FPS's but y should i bother making myself good when you just m ake this thing that lets any newb be pretty good?

Bah....

babydave said:
none of those affect gameplay for other people. I wouldnt say this is a cheat but its just a VERY CHEAP tactic that newbies are going to use. They are all accessibiliity based for disabled, ur script makes skills more accessible which is wrong, the same concept that an aimbot has. you cant shoot accurate so u aimbot, same applies here, u cant shoot 1 or 2 shots so u use a script that does it for you.

I totally agree with you paintballer The HL community and in particular the CS part of it has become obsessed with tweaking the game and these dodgy script type things. I used to play rainbow 6 and it was fun, thats why i play Ghost Recon, its fun virtually everyone apart from the odd cheater is on a level playing field, there are no "scripts", there are no "tweaks", its just pure gaming, i think some people have forgotten the basics of gaming, everyone should be on a level playing field and this script stops that.

In fact dude there are 2 reasons why there is no semi auto or safety selector in CS:
1. Its a SEMI realistic game unlike Rainbow6 etc which are realistic, its meant to be arcadey and lots of shooting.
2. It introduces skill to learn how to fire 1 or 2 shots at a time AND to make u learn spray patterns.

Now ur script has just ruined those 2 principles, cant you see that? Sorry if u dont but its people like you that ruin online gaming with your odd need to create different levels of gameplay, those that play with a totally clean game, those that have some scripts and those that just cheat.

Me myself im pretty good at FPS's but y should i bother making myself good when you just m ake this thing that lets any newb be pretty good?

Bah....

Its a training tool..its not like it would actually be usefull in-game. Youd probly get slaughtered when you try shooting semi auto at someone with a full auto ak.. I just made it to add some fun into the game.. If you dont like it, its your problem. Complain to valve about scripts. Not me.

if this script is a cheat then so is a buy script, because they DO affect gameplay. A buy script allows you to buy everything instantly, and allows you to get out of the spawn far quicker than other players, thus giving you an advantage. Is it cheating? No. There is a good reason valve included such a cool, easy to use scripting system, its so people can make scripts like this. You shouldnt be flaming him, you should be congratulating him!

buy scripy was included in the game, it didnt require after-purchase coding to make it

They allowed scripting because they knew people were gonna do it anyway, and they cba banning every script out there,lol

babydave said:
buy scripy was included in the game, it didnt require after-purchase coding to make it

Thats just the standard autobuy-rebuy keys. A buy script allows you to buy a deagle with by pushing f12..or buy an m4, prim ammo, a usp, sec ammo, and nightvision just by pushing a key. Valve implemented scripting into the game so people could make this. Weather you complain or not, the scripts are still going to be here. So deal with it.

Minerel said:
Ummmm... NO! Steroids are illegal in the Olympics. These scripts are legal. They are frowned upon (by some) but they are not like a hack. It's like farting in an elevator. People don't like it but it's not like the fart police are going to put a plug in your butt!

They allowed scripting because they knew people were gonna do it anyway, and they cba banning every script out there,lol
To bad this isn't true, its to allow any player to get help with something they just cannot do, or get something cool like victory dances, or buy scripts, say scripts etc.

Back