Remember what happened to CS:CZ...

Art_Crime

Reaction score
In the midst of all the speculation on what VUG will do to halflife2, I think it highly probable that HL2 will indeed be held for months, in retaliation against Valve.

Why? Because the exact same thing happened to Condition Zero, in that case, PCGamer reviewed CZ around 5 months before it came out.

History commonly repeats itself, and so far i see no indication of the otherwise here...

Was this before or after Valve pulled CZ to have it redone? I seem to remember PCG doing 2 reviews...

God, everytime I read something that points/remembers the fact that HL2 can be delayed, once again, makes me somehow disappointed. Right after the RC news, there's that lawsuit BS ( something I didn't know about until I read it here ), just to ruin the show. I can only hope...

lol i need a release date...there are some other games I want to get but not if its coming out ina few weeks. However if its coming out in 1+ months then Im getting something else first...

Well...if its delayed, it is. Live with it..

WHAT THE HELL AM I SAYING!!!

GOD DAMN IT!!! COME OUT GOD DAMN IT!! RELEASE!!! ARGGGG

//runs in to wall

Well they have to have a reason to delay it, right? It's not like they could just delay it because they feel like it.

StardogChampion said:
Well they have to have a reason to delay it, right? It's not like they could just delay it because they feel like it.

I SURE HOPE SO. If they just delay because they want to I will bomb VUG. :devil: :angry: :flame: :borg: :sniper: *goes insane*

StardogChampion said:
They have a right to delay for 6 months without explination.

they will not delay just cause they can ... theyre gonna play it the smart way ... its not like theyre little high school girls getting payback on each other ... "teehehhee" ... no ... half life 2 will come out in october

OCTOBER OMG OMG TEG OCTOBER OMG

*me dies*
*dieing words* "ya.right.....ehg.......*

The legal trouble didnt really take off untill after VUG held up CZ(which sucked hard anyway).

did they review CS:CZ in magazines like HL2 before the release?

yeah and i remember if it wasn't pcg that did 2 reviews, pc zone definatly did here in the UK and they bumped the score back up and complimented it. Wasn't a great score but it wasn't a 20% or so the original got.

This is what happened.

CS:CZ was reviewed in PC Gamer and got a crap score. Valve pulled the original game (of which you can play in the "deleted scenes" in CZ) and got Turtle Rock Studios to develop the current CS:CZ. However, this went gold November 2003, and didn't come out until March 2004. This makes no sense, because it was then competing with other FPS titles like Far Cry and Unreal Tournament 2004.

Back