Respawnable Items (How?)

Faulk_Wulf

Reaction score
I lost my tutorial for this (it was from Interlopers). A search yeilded nothing. I thought it was just a matter of making an "item_box_buckshot" (name: buckshot) and adding a "env_entity_maker" (name: bs_spawn). Then linking it with an output from the ammo (flag: onTouch) to send an input to the maker (flag: force spawn), but the console says template not found. Now for Combine and such, there is a flag you can tick to say "This Is The Template (Will Not Spawn)", but the box of buckshot at least, does not have this. Someone know how to do this? One of you DM mappers must know? I mean its the same thing on both DM and HL2 right? Thanks.

Wait, is this for dm? because when ever I've just placed a dm weapon/ammo it respawns on its own
there is a physics respawn func

Env_entity_maker requires a point_template interposed between it and the actual item to spawn. The point_template serves to remember the template entities; the env_entity_maker only serves to spawn them.

(It's for HL2, I just thought maybe the method was the same for the two. My appologies if I made that confusing.)

-- Okay sounds pretty easy. I'll test it out, and if it doesn't work, I'll be back here shortly. ;) Thanks for your time!

yea i also have had my items respawn automaticaly althought i hjave never placed buckshot so i will try it later and see if i get the same problems

It works now. Just like Raeven0 said, I was missing an entity.

item_box_buckshot (name:"buckshot")
I/O [Output] :
(myOutput) "OnPlayerTouch"
(target) "bs1"
(viaInput) "ForceSpawn"
(delay) "5.00"

env_entity_maker (name:"bs_spawn" temp2spawn:"bs1")
FLAG: Check "Wait For Entity Destruction"

point_template (name:"bs1" template1:"buckshot")
FLAGS: Both checked

---
works just fine for my purposes. spawns one "buckshot" whenever I pick it up from the spawn point. Thanks again for the help.

Back