Rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.

skater4evr5

Reaction score
has anyone been to gametrailers.com and seen the new halo 2 gameplay?

WOW all they changed were some minor graphics and duel weapons.
about 3 new weapons and THATS it, they didnt even add a ragdoll effect. ROFL. It looks more like a add-on than a whole new 50 dollar game.

Bungie spent over 2 years on that .. WOw and this is when I give it all up to Valve for creating hl2. Nice :afro:

i cant stand halo fanboys when they keep claiming how much halo2 is better than half life

I couldn't agree more skater, I downloaded trailer today and I couldn't believe that there are many people excited about Halo 2. The only differences I saw was duel weapons.

you must be blind if you dont see the graphics and everything new,and gamespy call it"the best console shooter ever",thats including all of the pc ports,fanboys.

i cant stand halo2 fanboys
i cant stand halflife2 fanboys

:|

Is this about the MLG-seattle zanzibar video?

Yep - the environements were like halo 1, with highly detailed weapon, character and vehicle models. The death animations are the same as halo 1, too. They should've used ragdoll physics.

Duel weilding looked like fun, though. Overall - looked like the same halo with minor graphical improvements and new maps.

guchi said:

Exactly my thoughts. Both games look like great fun to me, and I see no point in senslessly bashing one or the other.

skater4evr5 said:
has anyone been to gametrailers.com and seen the new halo 2 gameplay?

WOW all they changed were some minor graphics and duel weapons.
about 3 new weapons and THATS it, they didnt even add a ragdoll effect. ROFL. It looks more like a add-on than a whole new 50 dollar game.

Bungie spent over 2 years on that .. WOw and this is when I give it all up to Valve for creating hl2. Nice :afro:
Wow...so much ignornce in one post....my god...I did not know that was possible! I am pretty sure the game has rag doll...but it doesn't really matter anyways. They added new vehicles, but from the video you can see that they replaces the warthogs machine gun with a rocket launcher, the ghost now has the ability to boost, added the Battle Rifle, added SMG, needler now shoots A LOT faster, all plasma weapons shoot fasted, added the elite's sword, new maps that are very well designed, took away the health bar, ability to dual weild, ability to dual weild 2 different weapons, can't throw nades when dual weilding, can now have 16 players on xbox live with full XBL 3.0 support which includes insignias clans tags and in game tournaments. I know I forgot some stuff....the rocket launcher now can track enemy vehicles a little bit.

I bet you people are going to spend there 50 bucks on halo 2 right when it comes out and then go

"WTF this game is halo 1 ..HOLY SHIT .. im taking this back mom."

I really think Bungie could of steped it up WAY more than they did.
The first HALO 2 movie looked GREAT, all the sudden we get gameplay footage and. ITs like WTF!! I swear it looks EXACTLY like halo, if you guys dont see that then your blind.

PS GO HL2 :p

ragdoll sucks ...i havent seen one game where the bodies fall as in real life.

dude, you dont want me to even start on what HL2 does.. :cool:

If a MOD team works really hard for about a month they can dish all that out from moding in halo 1. added vehicles and models is not that hard, and moding duel weapons is not that hard either. ;)

skater4evr5 said:
I bet you people are going to spend there 50 bucks on halo 2 right when it comes out and then go

"WTF this game is halo 1 ..HOLY SHIT .. im taking this back mom."

I really think Bungie could of steped it up WAY more than they did.
The first HALO 2 movie looked GREAT, all the sudden we get gameplay footage and. ITs like WTF!! I swear it looks EXACTLY like halo, if you guys dont see that then your blind.

PS GO HL2 :p
What is wrong if Halo 2 is like Halo 1? I would gladly pay $50 to play halo on xbox live, and to continue the halo story. Even though there are many improvments.
Oh and isn't half-life 2's multiplayer just like the original? Why would I want to pay $50 for that?

Foxtrot said:
I am pretty sure the game has rag doll...but it doesn't really matter anyways.

It doesn't, it still has animated deaths. You would expect a next generation game to have Rag-Dolls.

Foxtrot said:
They added new vehicles, but from the video you can see that they replaces the warthogs machine gun with a rocket launcher

That was in Halo PC version.

Foxtrot said:
A LOT faster, all plasma weapons shoot fasted, added the elite's sword, new maps that are very well designed, took away the health bar, ability to dual weild, ability to dual weild 2 different weapons, can't throw nades when dual weilding, can now have 16 players on xbox live with full XBL 3.0 support which includes insignias clans tags and in game tournaments. I know I forgot some stuff....the rocket launcher now can track enemy vehicles a little bit.

Those are minor changes, you expect a game like Halo to have dramatic changes. A weapon shooting faster isn't really anything exciting.

I don't care if it looks like crap - as long as it's fun I don't mind. Same is true for HL2.

Harryz said:
It doesn't, it still has animated deaths. You would expect a next generation game to have Rag-Dolls.

Those are minor changes, you expect a game like Halo to have dramatic changes. A weapon shooting faster isn't really anything exciting.

I love you
:LOL:

Harryz said:

They also added dual weilding, the ability to have 2 weapons at once, oh and boarding enemy vehicles...I know I am still forgetting some stuff so I will brb.

Foxtrot said:
Oh and isn't half-life 2's multiplayer just like the original? Why would I want to pay $50 for that?

There has been no news on Half-Life 2's multi-player except from that it will contain both land and air vehicles. So you can't say that its like the original.

Harryz said:
There has been no news on Half-Life 2's multi-player except from that it will contain both land and air vehicles. So you can't say that its like the original.
You jsut pulled that out of your ass, land and air vehicles? I know for a fact there won't be air vehicles.

Foxtrot said:
You jsut pulled that out of your ass, land and air vehicles? I know for a fact there won't be air vehicles.

If you look at a Valve tour a few months ago, the person who went said there will be air vehicles. Let me try to find the link.

Harryz said:
If you look at a Valve tour a few months ago, the person who went said there will be air vehicles. Let me try to find the link.
That would be awsome if that was true, but I remember vavle saying that there wont be any air vehicles in the game.
Halo 2 also has destroyable enviornments, like walls will wittle away and you can blow up balaconies. Also, the vehicles are fully modelled and can be shot up and hub caps will come off and other stuff until it is destroyed.

Harryz said:

We know zero about HL2's multiplayer. That's why loads of people think CS:S will be HL2 mp. Unless half of the community missed some vital information.

KagePrototype said:
We know zero about HL2's multiplayer. That's why loads of people think CS:S will be HL2 mp. Unless half of the community missed some vital information.

i asked some about the multiplayer and there are going to be vehicles allowed in multiplayer... he also said there are going to be air vehicles... i hope i can say all this stuff because i mean he told it to me so i guess its alright to share with you

-merc

Link to thread.

Looks like I wasn't talking out of my ass.

p.s. I'm not saying Halo 2 is going to be a crap game, I'm saying I don't know why its hyped up with minor changes.

Foxtrot said:
That would be awsome if that was true, but I remember vavle saying that there wont be any air vehicles in the game.
Halo 2 also has destroyable enviornments, like walls will wittle away and you can blow up balaconies. Also, the vehicles are fully modelled and can be shot up and hub caps will come off and other stuff until it is destroyed.

Halo 2 has as much as destructible environement as anyother game at the momment. That I know for a fact. Only tagged things - such a particlar wall or so will only break. Not everything.

This is taken from the IGN article

I should mention, before hopping off of the topic of vehicles, that they have two levels of destruction. The first basically toasts the vehicle, making it basically worthless. It smokes and electricity sparks. If you're driving and this happens while you have your energy shield up, you'll be temporarily KO'd and will slump against the dash. If your shield is down, you die and respawn a few seconds later. The second level forces the vehicle to vibrate violently before exploding in mini-nuke fashion, killing everyone within about a ten foot radius. KaBOOM.

lans said:
Halo 2 has as much as destructible environement as anyother game at the momment. That I know for a fact. Only tagged things - such a particlar wall or so will only break. Not everything.
Everything will have damage effects though, you can shoot a wall and peices of it will chip away, but you can't destroy it complete, like dig a hole into the way or anything.

I think all of the fanboys in here are showing an astounding amount of ignorance on the subject (the HL2 fanboys even moreso).
For the record, thats new footage of the build played at E3, which was created well before then. You're commenting on stuff that is at least 6 months before the game will be finished. If you bothered to read any of the info released with the video, you would have seen a public statement by Bungie saying that the Zanzibar map has since seen a total rehaul, along with a lot of other things.
So don't judge it yet, unless you want people judging HL2 based on the "combine donkey" shot. :D

Harryz said:
i asked some about the multiplayer and there are going to be vehicles allowed in multiplayer... he also said there are going to be air vehicles... i hope i can say all this stuff because i mean he told it to me so i guess its alright to share with you

-merc

they might have been refering to the engine in general, i.e mods

Foxtrot said:
Everything will have damage effects though, you can shoot a wall and peices of it will chip away, but you can't destroy it complete, like dig a hole into the way or anything.

Fox, like I said - it's nothing revoltionary. Most games have a particle effects and decal system. So that's not something worth boasting about. Even the first halo had very robust particle effects and damage effects.

Yes the localized vehicle damage is something which is intresting -that is something worth boasting about.

Funny quote from the IGN article, it was at some game convention is germany last week. And all the germans there that were playing halo really sucked at it, must have been there firs time.

Like I said, having played Zanzibar a bit at E3, I was able to mop up, and I returned the flag about a half dozen times single-handedly before the short play session was over. During the demo, I had more than one German kid look back and shoot a nasty sneer to the only guy who was screaming "Who's your daddy?" and "Suck on some of that, Dieter!" in English. I guess I'm kind of an ass, but I bet all those poor German kids will be crying in their Haferflocken tomorrow.

lans said:
Fox, like I said - it's nothing revoltionary. Most games have a particle effects and decal system. So that's not something worth boasting about. Even the first halo had very robust particle effects and damage effects.

Yes the localized vehicle damage is something which is intresting -that is something worth boasting about.
Most game don't have damage effects for walls though, the more you shoot at somthing the more damaged it will look not just bullet holes. In UT2k4 I know they just have the bullet decal.
Also, you can have 4 people on one xbox over xbox live.

I would much rather buy a good game all at once then having to wait for a mod. You all keep saying WELL WITH A MOD HL2 blah blah....

I personaly think Halo 2 will be great, just like the first. Quit hating!

guchi said:

Well said.

I agree that everyone is allowed to have an opinion but there's no point bashing each other.

Far better to say:

"I saw the Halo2 trailer. I HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME YET but I thought it looked terrible and here's why..."
OR
"Well I have\hav'nt played the game and Im gonna buy it/still like it becasue..."
THAN
"You're an idiot, and here's why"

Oh sweet haysuess. Another HL2 VS Halo 2 thread. Someone kill me. Oh hell, guess I'll bite. For people saying that "they only added duel weilding:"

What about Xbox Live play? What about fully destructable vehicles with localized damage? What about totally overhauled graphics? (Self-Shadowing?) What about tons of new vehicels (ATV) and weapons (Energy Sword)? What about a melee combo system for every weapon ala Final Fight? What about improved AI, including AI driven vehicles? What about a totally new campaign with 0 repetition in the levels? (which seemed to be THE major complaint of Halo 1) What about hijacking? What about a completely upgraded physics system? What about one of the other million improvements I'm forgetting?

The list goes on and on. OH! NO RAGDOLLS YOU SAY! F*ck ragdolls. Who the hell cares?

Not to mention Halo 2 will also contain my favorite part of Halo. The incredibly awesome and innovative 2 weapon system and incredibly awesome and innovative shield/health system. Oh, and the music.

HL2 will be great. Halo 2 will be great (if slightly less great). Get the f*ck over yourself.

I can't be asked debating.

@Wayne White - English isn't your first language?

Harryz said:
I can't be asked debating.

@Wayne White - English isn't your first language?

Interesting that you would ask him that when the sentence above it is completely gramatically twisted itself. "You can't be asked debating?" I'm assuming you mean "I can't be asked to debate." But maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back