Rome Total War Demo 23rd aug.

Cant get enough of that Midget Pr0n.

Meh, its probally overloaded with wannabe Ceasers grabbing at it.

I'm the only Wannabe Ceaser worthy let me at it!!! ;)

/strokes his fast, still working link.

Heh, I started my download (from fileplanet btw) right when it got posted, after refreshing the page every second for 10 mins. The fileplanet Europe server was quite slow (30KBs), so I switched to a US one right away and got 100-170KBs.

Anyway, I'm off to play now :p

wooooooooooooo!

[edit] Rofl forget that. Was opening the wrong file. ;D

meh I'm at work for another 11 hours, then I have to go home and start the download. Cruel Cruel life.

Its great, i love the elephants, this is going to be a great game!

Very fun demo.....but did anyone else think it was a little easy? I mean, I completely crushed the Roman army and only lost like 50 guys.

Woo just crushed the Roman Army with my Heffalumps. ;D

But god damn, all those units on screen completely and utterly owned my pc. Was getting around 15fps on average I think. :/

I was surprised by how well it ran. Another surprise was how easily elephants are scared off and sent trampling through your own ranks ;( I still won though, with about 100 men lost. Not bad for a first try if I can say it myself.

whoa :O, this was worth the wait.

The battles really get your adrenaline rushing because they are so huge :), and those elephants where awsome, all you see, is roman bodies flying everywhere :p

Demo gets 9/10 :thumbs:

Meh going home early.

However early is still 4 hours 15 mins away

that was just what i expected :)

quality stuff. can't wait to get stuck into a proper campaign.

That's pretty cool. Alot better then most RTS games i've played. The elephants were cool too, it was quite easy though, but still it was fun

What Detail levels are you guys running it on?

Man im crap compared to you guys i lost close too 200 guys lol :p

I left it to late to charge with my stuff behind the trees gonna try it again soon.

My best is 164 men killed on hard. I found it really helps to have your calvary run to the river, and have them charge from the rear just as the enemy reaches your lines. Also have your elephants charge first, with infrantry just behind them. You should have the elephants charge the back rank, that way they rush through as many enemy as possible.

Dammit... the demo is unavailable... too many people are downloading it. :O

why roman total war is great ? Could somebody tell me why Strategy is awsome ?

47 minutes to go...Finaly though, I can get my hands on this game. I've been waiting so long :)

Gorgon said:
Direct link:
http://www.hardwired.hu/
Could you tell me why I should love startegy games ? thanks

you don't have to like em. up to you.

if you're the kind of person who played with toy soldiers as a kid and always wanted to see destruction and carnage on a large scale, an RTS would appeal to you.

Spent an hour downloading it..
Took me 10 minutes to complete the demo..

Good fun :burp:

Dedalus said:
you don't have to like em. up to you.

if you're the kind of person who played with toy soldiers as a kid and always wanted to see destruction and carnage on a large scale, an RTS would appeal to you.

I see.

Alot of gamers like to play these type of games, I don't know why its just me :sniper: dislike strategy.

The camera pissed me off, it was ok but i'm not a big fan of RTS games

I wish the demo was longer. That battle is rather short because it's all set up for you.

Back