Rumor Control: Half-Life 2 apparently went gold

not sure but i think that Doom 3 went from gold to release in 2 weeks. :D

Too bad that the Steam release didn't coincide with the Gold announcement. This is going to be a painful 2-3 weeks.

Who can feel it i can feel it woot woot!

Of course it might be another lie or the reality. But what makes me think that it might be real, is that the final and 6th pre-load step of the game just arrived, also when they announce a late november I realy tough that was so dam late after the RC was sent.

So the theory that they said late november to give them a margin if anything went wrong might be true. If its realy gold, my prediction is that we will be playing HL2 on Halloween's night, about 2 weeks from now. They have to burn the CDs, pack all those copy and ship them after all.

Please let it be true!!!!! for once! ;op

I think its not bogus, Gamespot is putting up there rep for this story and I believe them and I believe that the game is gold already and they we announce it as early as they can which look like Monday. If it goes gold next week the game should come out some time in Nov. :borg:

i think the reason they have not told anyone about the gold status is that they are preparing steam for the final half life 2 pre-load, like chris_d said in another thread, you still need the .dll files and stuff. It might be available for download on monday along with the gold announcement. so if lady luck is on our side we can play half life 2 on monday :)

I know it can be fake Í think it isn't fake this time. We will find out Monday, and if it fake, oh well I'm getting used to it. But now I think:"Alyx here I come!"

Oxygenetic said:
I swear if it's a lie I'm going to build my own crowbar and fricken' kill some people!

I see how this game has turned normal denizens of Earth into unwildly-canibalistic creatures of the night.

"We're sorry for the inconvenience, but GameSpot is temporarily unavailable due to scheduled server maintenance. We'll be back up in no time to continue delivering you our award-winning content.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

The GameSpot Crew"

OH SURE!!! H4X0RZ

if this is a lie im going to sodomize the next jehovah's witness that knocks at my door

*crossesfingers* :bonce:
its gotta be true... wouldn't that mean, the test would continue?

hmm it could be bogus, no official source...

im talking about the piñata

'the time draws close' (half life dot com move time thingy) :D

nothing will happen this weekend tho will it? it never does, ppl do have weekends of at most places. :(

And if there is no gold anouncement on monday, all you people will say "omfg valv3 laiyed 2 us!!!11". Wait until an official announcement that is verified by many credible sources, then celebrate.

GuNzABlaZiN said:
And if there is no gold anouncement on monday, all you people will say "omfg valv3 laiyed 2 us!!!11". Wait until an official announcement that is verified by many credible sources, then celebrate.

exactly :D

screw this, im driving down to bellvue or whatever (about an hour drive) and looking in their dumpster for a pinata.

Now, ponder this, how long after it goes gold till the people who Preloaded can play?

I think steam users will be able to play when the game is on the shelves.

desty

Nah they'll probably release it earlier on Steam.
Better for them etc.

neh, i think it will be released when it hits the shelves, gabe said: world wide release right ?

sNaX said:
i think that i should quick work... and sit on one good website hitting f5 all weekend

lol, nice one.

rumor after rumor. the hype is stronger from day to day.

you know this song? from the 80's.
"i'm so excited, i just can't hide it! let's get excited, i know, i know, i know, i know, i want you.. i want you.."

:E

late November please. i still haven't bought my graphics card! i don't wanna play it using a Dx7 card!

and i can't afford it right now, it'll fit nicely after next payday then ;)

Back