Saratoga Broadway(architecture)

Epyon

Reaction score
Hey,
Last monday i started my first architecture scene. It is modeled after a part of a street on the Saratoga Broadway (Saratoga is in upper New York) Anyways, this is what it is modeld after a resturant called lillan's. I changed a lot of things, but i tryed to keep the resturant the same. I still have a lot more to do. I have to fix some materials. There are a lot of errors, i would fix them right when i started the render, but at 800x600 it takes 20 minutes to render. Im going to fix the lighting and such. And will add some more stuff to make it more releastic. I hope to be down by this friday. Tell me what you think of it.

Wow, that looks pretty nice, better then what I could do anyway.

I fixed a lot of problems since the last render. I also started to model the street light, and i also changed the view. Ill post a update after im done eating dinner.

Thanks
I agree that adding people and cars and such would make it look much more real, but since i cant model ether of those, im stuck. But i am planning one playing around with the lighting. It would be much easier to fix stuff and see how it looks if it didnt take so long to render.

EDIT: Started the 800x600 update render. It should be done once im finished with dinner.

Ok heres the update

Change list -

Added side walk between both buildings
Added streetlight
fixed some places where they were holes
Fixed materials
Changed view
Made a little brigther

Tell me what you think, and btw, the streetlight is still wip.

Yeah, that deffinately looks better, but lightposts aren't that dark irl :p

those trees are great

but I might change their rotation slightly just to eliminate redundancy,, maybe you should rotate them each by 0.6180339887 (phi) to get perfect asynchronicity :D there we go, design theory applied :D

Definitely looks better, but it'd be neat to see some of those 'real-life' details, like litter, garbage, crap, dirt, and grime. Plus some more detailed skins (like the streetlight--the bulb part is always dotted, isn't it?), and it'd make a great piece.

Gotta agree with Shinobi || as well.

Crap? Where the hell do you live man??

:LOL:

i wish i knew how to use softimage... err yeah i will one day!

Back