Scanner Piñata Photo!

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in November 1998 when the Half-Life release candidate had been approved by Sierra Studios and had gone gold, the guys and girls at Valve celebrated by smashing open a large piñata shaped like a headcrab.[br]
[br]
31.jpg
[br]
[br]
This time around however, thanks to our friends over at Half Rules, we can now reveal that the piñata is shaped like a scanner and is hanging in the lobby of Valve's Headquarters in Bellevue.[br]
[br]Yesterday we reported the news from Gamespot about "the piñata" being broken and this could very well still stand, as this picture was sent to Half Rules on the 14th October.[br]
[br]
Maybe it won't be long before we see the picture of it in pieces on the floor...[br]
[br]
Thanks to BerserkForces of Half Rules for letting me know about this, and be sure to visit their website here, especially if you're Spanish as this is an ever growing community.

I like how the pinata is different, not just a head crab everytime. Hope this is for real.

Do you think they'll use/they used the golden crowbar this time?

Damn. I can't wait to see the pictures of that scanner in bits :D

Goldmember said:
I like how the pinata is different, not just a head crab everytime. Hope this is for real.
every time as in the second one ? :)

Someone that lives near Valve should just go take a tour of Valve and see if it still hanging in the Lobby

the piñata is much better this time round

...this bodes well :)

Andy said:
the piñata is much better this time round

...this bodes well :)
Well, at least they've learned how to party better :rolleyes:
That can go either way ;)

Within a few weeks we can smash the scanners into pieces with a crowbar by ourselves :p

The spanish community? As in from Spain? or the Hispanic community as in people that speak spanish? :angel:

SunshineRecorder said:
The spanish community? As in from Spain? or the Hispanic community as in people that speak spanish? :angel:

hey man, in answer to your question in the other thread, I am senencito from PR, where do you know me from?

Am I the only one who first thought it was a giant eyeball? This thing is white too and a red thing comes out from the backside which reminds me of a nerve :p

SunshineRecorder said:
We are mostly spanish (from spain :p), but everyone that is able to post in our language (without online translators, that is, heh) is welcome to post around in the forums and everything like that.

This is Steve Johnson of the Society of the Prevention of Cruelty to Headcrabs (SPCH). I have a weird feeling about this..

SenenCito said:
hey man, in answer to your question in the other thread, I am senencito from PR, where do you know me from?

Hehe my brother knows you. Hmm he is ProgWRX i think. Carlos.

I think I saw your deviantart site.

A scanner? I thought a manhack would have been more appropriate, either it's great news :D

A strider would be cool too, especially if they made a lifesized version of it :p. Eh, but a 50 ft tall Piñata isn't very practical. Imagine how you have to take a ladder to get to the 'head' of the strider because that's where most of the stuff is stuffed in. Or you can take it down by hitting it's legs so it fall down :p

Vinnie_NL said:
A strider would be cool too, especially if they made a lifesized version of it :p. Eh, but a 50 ft tall Piñata isn't very practical. Imagine how you have to take a ladder to get to the 'head' of the strider because that's where most of the stuff is stuffed in. Or you can take it down by hitting it's legs so it fall down :p
The falling candy would probably injure a few people and break some car windshields as well. :O

Within a few weeks we can make a map to test that with the HL2 physics engine :p

I say they make a giant Kim Jong Il pinata

If it has gone gold:
They could hire Matt and Trey to sing their killer song "America: $#%@ Yeah!"

If it hasn't:
They could hire Matt and Trey to sing their saddened acoustic song "America: $#%@ Yeah!"

If anyone happens to visit Valve between now and the gold announcement

Break the pinata while your there to piss them off.

Lol, but I thought the rumor was that it was already broken, right?

The game was delayed because they couldn't break it untill now.

Do i have to rub it? Cuz i dont want too but if it gets us half-life 2 so be it.

Back