Scariest Movie of all time.

T

Tork

Hello I made this thread since I love scary movies, so for those of you out there who love scary movies, what would you say is the most scariest movie of all time ? I think its the Exorcist, what do you think? Im open to all opinions.

The old exorcist movie or the new one? If its the new one i must disagrre with you but the old one.

The Blair Witch Project scared the crap out of me in the cinema. One of those films where you either loved it or hated it, really.

First time I saw Alien scared the crap out of me as well. I still get edgy watching it.

The Thing was scary as well.

Holy Smoke...where Harvey Keitel has a bunch of sex with Kate Winslet:-s

That movie "The Village" looks like it might be quite good. I really like M. Night Shyamalan. His movie, Signs was pretty good too.

JU-ON The Grduge is beyond the most scaryist film I have ever seen. I loved it when watching it at the cinema and had to own it so I got it imported from japan. I am actually to scared to watch it though. I just like having it. I am been serious here btw. I fear if I watch it again I will seriously go crazy. I came home from the cinema seeing a little white asian boy in the corner of rooms. It was well weird. Its beyond ****ed up tbh. People can;t really judge the film without watching it on a big screen and in the dark and with dolby 5.1 dts. Thats how you watch a film :D

When Silent Hill becomes a movie....
(and yes it is licensed for a movie)

pk1209 said:
the shining... heeeeeeeeere's johnny!

I was rooting for Jack. His wife was scarier than anything else in that movie.

I found Blair Witch Project quite funny. "Where's the map!?!?" "I kicked it in the river!" Something along those lines. The Family Guy stab at it was great.

Brian: "Nothing's happening...nothing's happening...something about a map..I dunno I wasn't listening...nothing's happening....it's over...a lot of people in the audience look pissed"

jacob's ladder...theres something about that film that is VERY wrong but in a good way

imagine a black man with no legs sat in a strange looking frame in a death mask with his head vibrating madly...you have a little bit of an insight into the imagery in this film

p.s: DON'T watch it when you've had a drink or a laxative

Gorgon said:
the ring...........

I didn't find the ring that scary....

Then again I never watch scary movies, so I don't know what to base it on really...

Alien Resurrection is a good one... Signs too... and it helps if you watch 'em at night with no lights 'cept the movie. :)

milo and otis?

actually, when i first saw them i thought the thing, invasion of the body snatchers,[/] and jacob's ladder were all quite scary. those are the one's that immediately come to mind.

IchI said:
JU-ON The Grduge is beyond the most scaryist film I have ever seen. I loved it when watching it at the cinema and had to own it so I got it imported from japan. I am actually to scared to watch it though. I just like having it. I am been serious here btw. I fear if I watch it again I will seriously go crazy. I came home from the cinema seeing a little white asian boy in the corner of rooms. It was well weird. Its beyond ****ed up tbh. People can;t really judge the film without watching it on a big screen and in the dark and with dolby 5.1 dts. Thats how you watch a film :D

I saw a clip for that. That part with the teenage girls who are all dead invade her house. It was lame. Scariest movie i've seen would have to be......Event Horizon. Thats ****ed up

The secret to scary movies is to never reveal the creature/bad guy unless you absolutely have to. Take Signs for example, scared the shit outta me and the aliens are just
green men
Yet every other scene in that movie scared me because i knew something was there or out there and i didn't know what or where it was.

I have Ju-On: The Grudge as well, I have yet to watch it

Anyhow, Ring/2 (Japanese films) were probably more creepy than the American film.. either way, I'm waiting for The Ring 2 this November. Should be pretty good, they have the same director as the Japanese films.. and.. hmm

pk1209 said:
the shining... heeeeeeeeere's johnny!

The Shining is by FAR the scariest movie I've ever seen. Kubrick is the man.

i've only seen the first half of Dark Water, but it creeped me out.

ju-on isn't as good as everyone makes it out to be nor as scary...i just watched it and figured it as being more of the same really. ringu i found quite creepy first time cos i watched it when it wasn't known and i knew nothing about it, in the dead of night.

Spice World, the point where i realised they were serious.

I didn't really find The Shining scary...it was just wierd. Apart from that old woman though. /me shudders

the shining DEFFINATLEY has an unsettling quality to it....its that type of film that you feel you're in because it focuses on one characters decent into madness and your with him every step of the way.....and i love films that do that

That part was scary as hell... Imagine being locked in a hotel room, and a dead naked old woman comes out of the bathtub, making splashy noises on the floor while stretching her arms out to strangle you....

The first time I say the ring it made me jump a few times.
Ofcourse I was sitting next to one of those girls who jumps off her seat everytime the camera angle changes.
It adds to the effect. :)
When I saw it the next time it wasn't all that scary..

Texas Chainsaw Massacre was quite good..i found it horrible when he put those people on the hooks hanging from the wall.

I think The Shining was quite scary.

So really Im just curious, has anyone here seen The Exorcist "the version you have never before seen" ?

Tork said:
So really Im just curious, has anyone here seen The Exorcist "the version you have never before seen" ?
Yuppers...it's among my DVD collection.

Tredoslop said:
Comrade Badger in the shower.:eek:

/me dies:(

Should be getting my copy any day now.

Ringu, would have been scarier if I didn't see The Ring first though =/

Wanna see Ringu 2, have been told it's teh fawking scerreh.

THIS scared the pants off of me, and I had never heard of it or knew anything about, that is the best way to watch it.

Back