Scariest movie?

I love horror movies, especially b-movies. I don't tend to find them scary, but I just like all the mindless gore. Hellraiser is one of my favorite movies.

Still... 'The Ring' scared the crap outta me... :| I will never go watch a horror-movie in the cinemas again...

Recoil said:
Still... 'The Ring' scared the crap outta me... :| I will never go watch a horror-movie in the cinemas again...

The Ring was a good movie...kinda creepy...but I wasn't too scared....but that Samara girl is really weird.... btw I found out an interesting "subliminal message" in The Ring. In between the scene where the horse is mowed to pieces after jumping in the water, and the part where the main woman's male friend goes to the building to look up evidence on Samara, for one single frame in betweeen these scenes, the ring formed by the lid of the well can be seen. It was a nice find, seeing as not many people seem to have noticed that.

The Dark Elf said:
Speak for yourself, I plan on surviving and pissing off to Canada where its cold and quiet and the dead get stuck in the snow and turn to peoplesikles

Stop sterotyping Canada god damnit! Everyone says Canada is a barren iceland with nothing in it and that all of us Canadians live in igloos. But it's not! Go to B.C. in the summer and get burnt by the freaking schorching 35 degrees Celsius heat! I hate people like you that don't know shit and sterotype Canada and Canadians. That's like saying all Americans are retarded fat pieces of shit! It's all just a big sterotype.

johnnypoopoopant said:
the exorcist is a good one and also the shinning with jack nicolson was good

both are good movies, but the version of the exorcist that you watched, was it the director's cut?

I prefer the director's cut, mostly due to that demon guy that occasionally pops up for a few frames(not the statue, the greenish-grey guy).

Here are some of the scariest movies i've seen.

The Exorcist
The Amityville Horror
The Haunting (Original version 1960's)

The first half of Touching The Void (documentary about two climbers who ran into trouble up a mountain in Peru) scared the shit out of me, but thats probably to do with the fact that I have really bad vertigo.

Glick, what made you think that reviving a 2 year old thread was a good idea?

The Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The storm of the centry

The Ring was the scariest, but it wasnt that scary, i enjoyed it more than was frightened by it. Movies just dont scare me anymore :( , still likem though.

ríomhaire said:
Glick, what made you think that reviving a 2 year old thread was a good idea?
its better than starting a new one and having everyone saying "SEARCH!"

Holy crap, I posted in this thread 2 years ago. Has time passed quickly.

I can't say I'm really much of a horror/scare fan really, not seen many of those types of films. Although Jaws scared me when I was young, the part with the head in the porthole and Quinn's (was it Quinn?) bloody death in the boat. Oh, and the scene in Ghostbusters 2 where they first uncover the subway of slime. And the slime monster in the bath. Yeah.

But things that have generally creeped me out; the video cam footage of the guy manning the computer room in House On Haunted Hill. Seeing him with his face ripped off and the video screen showing a guy step into the room in jerked motion weilding a knife. Theres some other stuff in that film that really got me, too. Can't remember much of it, I was about 12 when I saw it at my mates. He's a huge horror fan.

In The Village, while quite a boring film, the parts where the 'monster' is underneath the lookout post, the part where the main guy is hiding behind a building when everyone is running into their houses and the 'monster' just walks past quickly and offscreen, also the encounter in the woods where the camera slowly revolves around the girls head to reveal it just standing there, motionless, then it just suddenly runs at her. Eeesh.

Thinking on it, The Grudge got me in alot of places. Espeically when she looks out the bus window and the reflection of the girl is there - I wasn't expecting that as it was a calm enviroment and such. Also the scene in the apartment with the bed and the phone and such.

TheBleeding said:
In The Village, while quite a boring film, the parts where the 'monster' is underneath the lookout post, the part where the main guy is hiding behind a building when everyone is running into their houses and the 'monster' just walks past quickly and offscreen, also the encounter in the woods where the camera slowly revolves around the girls head to reveal it just standing there, motionless, then it just suddenly runs at her. Eeesh.
QFMFT. Any scene with that monster scared the crap out of me! Great stuff!

One of the scariest movies I have ever seen is Salem's Lot (1979), directed by Tobe Hooper of Texas Chainsaw Massacre fame (that's another terrifying film and my vote for best horror movie ever). Seeing that Nosferatu-looking guy floating outside the 2nd story window still fills me with fear.

Its just a shame that it wasn't really a monster, just that weird guy in a suit to keep them out of the woods. Or something like that. Really disapointed me. May look for it cheap sometime as I feel like seeing those scenes again.

TheBleeding said:
Its just a shame that it wasn't really a monster, just that weird guy in a suit to keep them out of the woods. Or something like that. Really disapointed me. May look for it cheap sometime as I feel like seeing those scenes again.
Hmm, that was kind of a spoiler for those poor devils who managed to not see the film yet and wanted to be scared out of their pantaloons! I got it for $10.99 over here (US) so it was well worth it. I love the landscapes too--very beautiful part of the country (lousy Winters though :)).

Its a really unusual movie. And I love it for that. Its not quite a horror film even.

seen the ring and i dont remember the girl popping out of the fuzzy screen at the end. all i remember is that the movie was popped in the vcr and it zoomed in on the TV screen and the movie just ended.

A Tale Of Two Sisters. That is freaking scary movie. And the terrifying prospect is I need to watch it again to understand what the frick they are getting at in the closing 20 minutes.

Also, 2001: A Space Odyssey. There is something really freaking weird about that black obelisk, when mixed with the music gives me goosepimples. Same goes for the music at the cult house in Eyes Wide shut.

dart321 said:
The Exorcist. Mostly because it was supposedly based on a true story.

How about The Entity, that was supposed to be based on True Events :eek:

There's one thing, I think, that's scared the shit out of me more than ANYTHING ELSE. In the movie Se7en... sloth. That's all I'm gonna say.

oh god, that was awful...

I thought the ring was the scariest thing ever. I really got pulled into it when I saw it and hence got scared shitless.

The Sixth Sense was decently scary, it had a great story and it was a horror film.
Saw, was sorta graphic, I found it making me a little more cautious.
I dunno, nothing really scary.
Shaun of the Dead FTW!

Back