Scientists: US is doomed...

honestly, if you think that they should use embryonic cells these days, your basically saying you WANT to kill babies. lol. there's so many other happy mediums that will make the right and left STFU already.

honestly, if you think that they should use embryonic cells these days, your basically saying you WANT to kill babies. lol. there's so many other happy mediums that will make the right and left STFU already.

I fail to see how breaking apart a blastocyst and using the cells in it to save people from diseases is "killing babies".

Embryonic stem cells are far superior and far easier to extract and use than any of the "happy mediums", which require intensive goading and effort to get to behave at all like embryonic stem cells.

Ignorance.

Placental, embryonic, bone marrow and 'induced' stem cells all work differently. Research needs to continue on all of them for quite some time.

you WANT to kill babies. lol
Wow, are you really that thick? Do you even know where embryonic stem cells come from? (And I don't mean "Embrios-lol!")

*reads title*

Heh.. noobs.

*reads first sentence*

Oh.

*reads article*

Ah

Not you specifically.

The idea that we don't need to continue embryonic stem cell research is ignorant. People shouldn't try to make pronouncements on things that they don't understand. At least I've had lectures about stem cells from scientists actively involved in (bone marrow) stem cell research.

I don't know about you guys, but I support Kirovman's overthrowing of the world goverments to install a technocracy.

-Angry Lawyer

I don't know about you guys, but I support Kirovman's overthrowing of the world goverments to install a technocracy.

-Angry Lawyer

Woo! So nobody will ever have to do stuff again :|

EDIT: I used to support that, but it has some pretty hefty down sides.

Not you specifically.

The idea that we don't need to continue embryonic stem cell research is ignorant. People shouldn't try to make pronouncements on things that they don't understand. At least I've had lectures about stem cells from scientists actively involved in (bone marrow) stem cell research.

Oh god. Yeah, saying "lol you kill babies" is wrong in so many ways.

Oh god. Yeah, saying "lol you kill babies" is wrong in so many ways.

Thats the spirit, anthropomorphize a ball of cells even less ability to live independently of a host body then most bacteria, that'll advance medical science.

Plus... cells used for research are castoffs from IVF treatment (in the UK anyway). It's not as if they're kidnapping happy pregnant women and stealing their beloved embryos -.-

Back