Scout bug

Chaops

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been using the scout religiously in source and have noticed that there is a bug that makes one scout shot count as two. As much as it helps me to kill an enemy with one shot non headshot I find it very unfair and cheap. Getting a one shot kill with a scout in the head has always been rewarding to me and gives the player more of a reasoning for having the skill to aim. Anyone else feel that this bug should be addressed in the next update?

Never noticed this bug, though I rarely use it, and when I use it the headshot icon is always there when I kill someone. I will look out for that bug the next time I'm playing. If it's actually a bug with 1 shot registering as 2 then it better get fixed, because that just makes the scout like the awp.

ive had the problem once before. and guys dont forget that this is a BETA. i hate people on cs:s saying 'omg this game is gonna be so crap, its full of bugs'. grr

It happens with other guns but I don't think it registers as more than one hit. You can kill with the scout if you hit the person in the head or chest with one shot if the person isn't wearing armor. If they are, I have had it register as only 98 pts of damage 2 hits when I only shot once.

Pureball said:
ive had the problem once before. and guys dont forget that this is a BETA. i hate people on cs:s saying 'omg this game is gonna be so crap, its full of bugs'. grr

SHut up, this is a help and support forum. This is where hes supposed to write theses things. I'm so sick of people talking bs. :flame:

No this is definitely 2 hits. I have checked the console after scoring a kill with one shot and it will clearly say killed blah blah with 2 hits 105 damage ect. I know this is beta but this bug wasnt there in previous updates, so whatever VALVe is doing they need to reprioritize. Im so sick of having three bugs in cs for every one they fix.

I'm pretty certain that a shitload of bugs have been fixed already and will be released with the full version of CS:S (please God) later this week. (/me prays)

sublidieminal said:
SHut up, this is a help and support forum. This is where hes supposed to write theses things. I'm so sick of people talking bs. :flame:
maybe you took it wrong, mister.

he said he was sick of people saying, while playing in CS:S, that the game will be horrid whatwith all the bugs. He did not say you should not post in this forum. He was sick of all the people who didn't know what a "beta" release was, and complained that it was a horridly buggy game.

Chaops said:
I know this is beta but this bug wasnt there in previous updates, so whatever VALVe is doing they need to reprioritize. Im so sick of having three bugs in cs for every one they fix.

As I said. It's one thing to HAVE bugs in a beta test. It's something completely different to MAKE them. :rolling:

Valve also said that i happens that even if they removed a bug i a patch, it may, only very rarely come back again a few patches later. But only veeeery rarely.

Well as long as they fix it in the long run, i'll quit bitching. Alas VALVe is teh slow. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I just found out the bug actually does 3 hits, for 101 damage. It's a one hit kill anywhere you shoot them.

Back