Scout Update Website Live - Release on Tuesday 24th

AciD

Reaction score
There is only one mysterious Sandman bat, be sure to check the update page every day to see more updates!
You Scouts are gonna love this highly collectible bat that smacks baseballs at the other team, stunning the living crap outta anybody dumb, slow, drunk, mute or Australian enough to get in the way. The farther the ball flies before ricocheting offa some chucklehead's skull, the longer he's gonna be stunned. And guys who think they're tough because they're invulnerable? It works on them too. Now the bad news: You can't double jump when you're carrying this little beauty. On the other hand, double jumping never put anybody in a coma.
<div align="center"></div>
[br]
Update is coming on Tuesday 24th February: The Scout Update page

I like the idea :)

Cynical responses about Valve "ruining the game" in 3.. 2..

You Scouts are gonna love this highly collectible bat that smacks baseballs at the other team, stunning the living crap outta anybody dumb, slow, drunk, mute or Australian enough to get in the way. The farther the ball flies before ricocheting offa some chucklehead's skull, the longer he's gonna be stunned. And guys who think they're tough because they're invulnerable? It works on them too. Now the bad news: You can't double jump when you're carrying this little beauty. On the other hand, double jumping never put anybody in a coma.

Awesome! But no double jump?? :( It's a fair trade off I guess but I can only see it being as useful as the Pyros Flare... which is not much at all.

Mmmm, TF2 updates.

Cept as always, i'll be playing the anti scout class for a week or two and then get my achievements later.

Even if this doesn't prove very useful in actual combat, it'll be great fun to screw around with. :D

hah. I knew they would have an unlock involving a baseball. :D

It's a shame that there will be no double jump because of that. Damn you Valve for making me want to use the bat even more now than ever!

could be a lot of fun dinging a sniper across the map on 2fort to make him a sitting duck for a moment. also - i wonder what kind of rate of fire will it have? are we gonna have people complaining about being spammed by baseballs?

Pretty sweet. Not sweet enough to give up the double jump. But it's a first-level unlock.

hope it got a long recharge to avoid spamming....also I think it's a little too overpowered having it affect people that are invulnerable, doesn't make much sense(rocket to the face doesn't do anything but a baseball do!?)...I'd rather they made it so Natascha would slow invul. baddies.

OMG, Can't choose which to have regularly :|

Gota check which is better in combat :D
Looking awesome so far though, and its only day 1!!!

I guess but I can only see it being as useful as the Pyros Flare... which is not much at all.

Whats with random scrubs crying about flare?, its basically the only weapon in the game I can think of aside from the shotty/pistol that isn't cheapish/easy moder.

I barely scratched the surface of TF2! I'm playing the pyro and more than halfway through that questline

Cheapish? Easy moder? wat.

Flare gun is very useful if you're a beast like me.

Sandman bat

So I had a great idea that I didn't capitlise on; no biggi

Though I thought my idea of having the ball ricocheting of enemies stunning them in the process was a bit unbalanced ;)

FYI, I've updated the original post with some extra info AciD forgot to include. Probably the most important info:

Release on: Tuesday 24th February

Though I thought my idea of having the ball ricocheting of enemies stunning them in the process was a bit unbalanced ;)

So if it turns out this weapon gets spammed and ruins TF2 we can all hunt you down with torches and pitch forks?

It doesn't look bad. I wonder what effect it will have on sentries though. I can't wait until tomorrow.

No one else could have pulled this off. I want to see the new 'Meet the Team' video the most though. Meet the Sanvich was a huge let down for me.

"...stunning the living crap outta anybody dumb, slow, drunk, mute or Australian enough to get in the way."

Slow = Heavy
Drunk = Demoman
Mute= Pryo
Australian = Sniper

Who would be dumb? The Soldier?

But it looks like another Valve update, doesn't really nerf a Class just adds some form of twist to it.

FYI, I've updated the original post with some extra info AciD forgot to include. Probably the most important info:

Release on: Tuesday 24th February

I worked that out from last time, the heavy update had Meet the Sandvich released on the same night as the actual update, which was Number 6 for that one. By using pretty simple guessing skills, I can determine it will follow a similar pattern.....

Screw that...Basically, I guessed that already :3

Not everyone is as amazingly intelligent as you Nicky.

I think slow & dumb accounts for the heavy Stef.

Pretty awesome. I'm liking the baseball a lot. Good idea.

No one else could have pulled this off. I want to see the new 'Meet the Team' video the most though. Meet the Sanvich was a huge let down for me.
Once again you prove that you are a bad person.
"...stunning the living crap outta anybody dumb, slow, drunk, mute or Australian enough to get in the way."

Slow = Heavy
Drunk = Demoman
Mute= Pryo
Australian = Sniper

Who would be dumb? The Soldier?
Perhaps dumb is heavy and slow is soldier?

Well I'm very eager to see how it plays, it's obviously going to be more interesting than "aim at guy, click, guy is stunned".

Will there be an arc? Will it have a limited range? Will it require careful aiming? How slow will it be? So excited.

:bounce:

"dumb" is Heavy. Watch his video: "Some people think they can outsmart me.... maybe, maybe"

"slow" has to be Soldier because he's ..... slow

Will there be an arc? Will it have a limited range? Will it require careful aiming? How slow will it be? So excited.

:bounce:

I was kinda wondering these same things. Along with - will the baseball be an alternate fire, or will you ONLY be able to launch baseballs with the bat? I'm assuming/hoping you'll still be able to run up and whack someone with the bat, but it wasn't entirely clear from the description...

seems strange to me (in physics terms) that the farther away the target is, the more stun the baseball delivers. :|

I was kinda wondering these same things. Along with - will the baseball be an alternate fire, or will you ONLY be able to launch baseballs with the bat? I'm assuming/hoping you'll still be able to run up and whack someone with the bat, but it wasn't entirely clear from the description...

The nifty pictures at the bottom showed us that we could stun a person, then run up to him and take some cheap shots! We deserve it. So does he.

The nifty pictures at the bottom showed us that we could stun a person, then run up to him and take some cheap shots! We deserve it. So does he.

yeah - i was assuming that from the pics as well. it'll be interesting to see how this pans out in a game. anybody up for a home-run derby? :E

Always on a day where I won't be able to play till the weekend! Gah! Looks very exciting, even though I barely play as the Scout

Back