Screen Shot for a New Map

pharamir

Reaction score
Here is a screenshot of a map im working on. At the moment its called dm_combine_ruins but that is subject to change.

Attachments

• dm_combine_ruinsac1.JPG
    dm_combine_ruinsac1.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 313
You've got some work to do buddy. ;)

1. The river doesn't look natural. Too many 90 degree angles.

2. The center structure doesn't look believable. It just looks like a copy and paste job. Put some regular sized brushes in there to break up the uniformity.

3. The hills are too jagged. Try to smooth them out.

I understand its a work in progress though. Don't forget the little details. ;) Keep it up. :thumbs:

The river and the mountains look bad. And the awsome room with ruins must be larger, with a better floor. In my little opinion. :p

But I really liked the idea of the map... a bit of everything! ;)

I think that with these changes, it will be on of the best custom maps! :D

You my friend are one of the few people that understand gameplay mechanics.

But ofcourse, that means that you lack in the prettiness department ;)

I am sure you do not intend the river to look like that. It doesn't make sense either. Why is there a little stream in the middle of no-where?

The grass doesn't make sense either. And it's too boring anyway.

You could really turn this into what it looks like the beginning of HL2, when you are in the canal and they are shelling you, and you see the vortigaunt for the first time. That junkyard-ish area.

I think you can make yourself a decent map with that theme. But I hope you improve your skills because you will need some to do that.

Thanks everyone for the support, im trying to make it a nice map with a bit of open areas and closed areas.

ok changed quite a bit, no more ruins so i reckon i will rename it to dm_combine_last_outpost.

The trees don't seem to fit anymore.

But I like where you are going with this!

i added a central area to my map, i think it looks better, i will replace the trees with crates, the building on the right will be slightly embedded into the mountain.

I can see the corner of your skybox (hehe).

Anyway, besides that, I think it has potential.

Its not really his skybox its the texture, its the worst one to use, i recommend searching through the textures list for the extension of a better skybox

yeah lol i havent bothered bout the skybox too much, your definitly right in saying the texture is shite though.

Back