Scrubs to end

Technically that doesn't say Scrubs is ending, they're just losing Braff. Which, yeah, is pretty much the show, but still not quite the same thing. Just pointing it out since there seem to be alot of misleading thread titles lately ;)

Funny though, I was just watching Scrubs (awesome episode, the one where it was meant to be JD's day off and they kept parodying Wiz of Oz) and thinking to myself "this show never gets old." Jinxed it I guess =/

Well I figured it would end this season. Everybody's lives are turning towards the endgame.

In this final season we'll probably see:

-JD end up getting married to the girl he impregnated
-Turk and Carla's baby and possible eventual move to a house and leaving the hospital at the end of the season (splitting up JD and Turk :()
-Dr. Cox and Jordan having their next kid and MAYBE getting remarried - maybe Cox will find a new intern to take under his wing
-Elliot getting real serious with Keith and possibly an engagement

That's all speculation but it seems like it'd fit to finish the series off.

This show is my favorite show out there right now and I'll be really sad to see it go. I just hope we get good closure.

Comedies (well any series for that matter) tend to go under when the main character leaves. I never really followed these shows, but here's some examples:

That 70's Show: Lost both Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher. Show folded one season later. I hear the replacement character sucked.
NewsRadio: Tragically lost Phil Hartman. Jon Lovitz stepped in, but things weren't the same.
Spin City: Michael J. Fox leaves the show for medical reasons. Charlie Sheen steps in and does a good job, but it wasn't enough.

It seems like the track record is 1 season after the departures. Therefore, unless the writers decide to end strong, Scrubs will be around for 2 seasons at most.

Scrubs! Nooooes!

Oh well, it had to end sometime.

But on MASH, Blake dies, and Potter took over, and well, +5 for the series still kicking ass!

I know, not the same, but I love MASH.

The show has been losing its way for a couple of seasons. Its time to go.

I disagree with that.

The latest season had some of my favorite bits namely the More than a Feeling airband performance and JD's pickup lines on 4 chicks passing by:

"I'm a doctor - I'm a landowner - Burt Reynolds is my father! - I love sports!"

It's gotten a lot wackier that's for sure but I think it's good to see the show's humor evolve a bit rather than using the exact same joke formats (*COUGH* Family Guy *COUGH*).

Meh, I dont mind so much. The later seasons were kinda crappy.

Scrubs' last season has been the best so far.. Although, the best Scrubs episode is CLEARLY the one with the mobility aid..

"As I gangsta-leaned down the corridor in my rad new wheels I found by the dumpster.."

:LOL:

i look back at all the scrubs seasons and even know season 5 is stupid as balls which is brilliant and it has its amazing moments, i prefer season 1...

in season 5 jd is very different...hes more down to earth and 'normal' in season 1...he overracts himself in season 5 i feel

still ace though

I'd say the show has officially ended as of last night.
J.D. left the hospital, I'd say that counts as the show being over. It isn't Scrubs without J.D.
Great ending to a great show, imo.
The ending fantasy montage was touching.

Sheeeet, I thought this show had ended long ago.

Do need to pick up the DVDs at some point. I remember I would always get to a particular point in the show, drift away from it for unknown reasons then come back mid-way through a bunch of arcs I had never heard of before. Need a serious sit down with it from start to finish.

It's really an awesome show, great for just chilling at home with some buds and having a ball.
I don't really think it's overrated in the least, can't see how anyone could.

Brilliant series. Had to end sometime, I don't mind.

jumped the shark a long time ago did scrubs. shame really because it was a great show when it began. just became a self parody from about season 4/5 onward. you could even see some turdish moments beginning to surface in its third season

I thought this was a new thread until I read my own reply.

I've actually enjoyed every season of Scrubs. It was an awesome show and it had such a great ending, I thought.

My only gripe was that they started to really over-do J.D. and Turk's friendship/relationship bit.

I only started watching the show a couple years ago, and I haven't watched the show in order. So its all good for me. I really can't tell the difference in quality between seasons.

I only started watching the show a couple years ago, and I haven't watched the show in order. So its all good for me. I really can't tell the difference in quality between seasons.
Exactly the same for me, I'm not that bothered by story or direction. The series to me is over the top silly comedy with caricatures. That isn't a bad thing, I think its hilarious...I think its crazy evaluating what is almost stoner comedy with such seriousness. If it was dark drama I could understand.

Likewise. Show jumped the Shark for me back when having finally snagged Elliot, JD inexplicably decided it was all a big mistake. After that the show went rapidly downhill.

This. That whole season seemed like a waste after JD just randomly decided he didn't want her.

Scrubs was just renewed. Apparently 6 episodes featuring the same cast, transitioning into a new show where the old cast may or may not be regulars depending on what else they are working on.

I'm pretty pissed about this. I thought the ending was perfect.

Are you ****ing kidding me?
Oh well, atleast it's only 6 episodes.

I don't want a new show though.
I mean, the interns were funny enough as background characters but giving them their own show?
F*CK NO, it won't work without the entire cast of Scrubs.

I have never watched a single episode of Scrubs all the way through. I've been meaning to start it up.

Scrubs is awesome, you should watch it Corp. Sheepo.

My favorite episode has to be the Musical one. :D Shame it ended, but still, all good things must come to an end and all that. This 6 episode revival will be crap. All revivals usually are, except in rare cases (Doctor Who.)

Scrubs is awesome, you should watch it Corp. Sheepo.

My favorite episode has to be the Musical one.

'Everything Comes Down To Poo' and 'Guy Love' are goddamn fantastic. :LOL:

I thought the final episode of Season 8 was a fitting end and I feel sort of cheaped-out that they're making another season.

This. Worst show ever.

I don't understand why people have to chime in with their negative comments. It's like when you YouTube one of your favorite bands and in the comments of one of the videos people say how much they suck. Do you REALLY have to search for something you don't like just to say it sucks? If so, you need something better to do with your time.

A better way to put your idiotic post would have been to say something to the effect of: "This. I never really liked this show myself." Instead though you parade your "worst show ever" bit as if it was fact.

Anyway, back on topic, I think I'll actually give the "new" Scrubs a chance. I mean, yes it won't be the same, but I won't write it off yet as it being bad. I'm sure Bill Lawrence will be able to do something with it that won't entirely suck.

Back