Scrubs to end

I'm sure Bill Lawrence will be able to do something with it that won't entirely suck.

Is he staying around? I thought he and Zach Braff actively wanted to end it more than anyone else to pursue other things.

I didn't dislike the interns, and I think a show could definitely still be made from what's left, but I won't be watching it. This ran it's course as far as I'm concerned, and I prefer to have it ended the way the finale went than by random cancellation later.

Well Zach Braff recently posted this on his MySpace blog deal:

Scrubs Season 9
Saturday, May 23, 2009

To clear up the confusion:
Scrubs will be coming back, but in a new incarnation. Scrubs as we've all known it is over. That chapter is closed. But as there are so many fans of the characters and writing of the show worldwide, the powers that be have decided to try and keep them alive a little longer (in the spirit of "Frasier" being a new chapter of "Cheers".)

I will be in the first 6 episodes of this new incarnation to help transition the show into what it will become. And then I will be off to work on some new projects that I'm very excited about/ write my new movie/continue to learn how to fly airplanes. :)) As to what the new show is? That's only clear in the mind of Bill Lawrence at this time.

I know many of you will have very strong opinions on this topic. And I respect them all. But first and foremost, if any of you were in a position to put about 200 people whom you really loved back to work in this economy, you would do it in a second. That has always been in the back of Bill's and my mind; we just didn't imagine ABC would ever give us the opportunity to keep it going.

If anyone can find an interesting new shape for the show it's Bill. Don't hate it until you see what he comes up with. Once its up and going there will be plenty of time for you to decide whether you love it or hate it.

Hope this clarifies a few things. That's all the info there is on that right now... I hope this finds you smiling,
love,
zb

So it does seem like Bill will be hanging around. As for the way Scrubs ended, I thought it was perfect and I consider it closed in that sense. So I'll be treating the new iteration of the show as if it was an entirely different show rather than a continuation. Like some kind of spin off. That's what it seems it'll end up being anyway.

Hm, sounds about right, and interesting. Maybe I'll give it a shot, depending on how it looks when the new season starts up.

It's just that, like, you know, if everything's the same except JD isn't around, it won't feel like much of a spin-off.

Reading that blog post in JD's voice made me smile. :D
I'm willing to give it a few episodes to see if I like it or not.

I didnt even know scrubs was canceled. I had every episode except the last 4 apparently, and upon discovering this thread and the fact that its like 3 years old, I "wtf"d and watched them. I also cried a bit. The last four episodes of that season were probably the best i've seen.

Also, I really liked the interns on the show, so i'll check it out. I wonder how much different this show will be.

so sad... i saw every episode until the end of season 7 and then i lost focus. The last episode i saw was ... well, i don't remember the name but for those who have seen it probably remember this:

We're going on a stake night
We're gonna eat it right
and then i don't remember anymore...

Back