A

Arden1

First off, my pc:
1.4 athlon XP
512 meg ram
Geforce MX 440.
Plenty off hdd space left.
Latest Nvidia drivers.

The game flickers badly, I can sometimes see through walls, often just flickers white.
I'm guessing my card cant hack it. All the settings are at their lowest.
Just want to confirm this.
Cheers

Yea I would recommend a new video card for your system
I'm getting a G Force 9800 for x-mas :thumbs:

Well, at the very least you need a video card upgrade, I recommend you get an ATI 9600XT, which is a mid priced card that will handle hl2 pretty well, or a higher end geforce FX, but Geforce FX wont run hl2 in dx9 mode, only ATI will.

I was thinking of getting a geforce 6800 GT. Heard good reviews of this card.

I also have this problem with the MX440 but only if I use the torch. Other than that, the game works fine. Must be another solution to getting another card?

en1gmax said:
I also have this problem with the MX440 but only if I use the torch. Other than that, the game works fine. Must be another solution to getting another card?

turn your brightness up really really high so you don't need the torch ?

If you want to try to avoid using the torch, you might be able to find hotkeys available in your graphics card options so you can adjust the ingame brightness, gamma and contrast during a game if the HL2 options don't give a good enough maximum brightness.

Even Doom 3 can be made to look very bright on my 9800 Pro using the ATI options.

Strangely enough, mine doesnt flick when the torch is on. I got a 6800 gt not just because it was flickering but because the graphics really really sucked on the settings I had and it was jumpy.

Back