Serious Sam 2 Demo Tomorrow

Gorgon

Reaction score
Serious Sam 2 Demo

Good news for all the Serious Sam fans, as 2K Games just let us know that a Serious Sam 2 demo is being released tomorrow! The 250mb download includes one level which can be played solo, or co-op over LAN or online with up to four people. It also includes all of the game's weapons, one of the vehicles and several enemy types. Look for the demo at 9AM CST.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/38738

:D

Sweet! This is unexpected, and before I lose my internet for a week or two. Wootler :D

i just shit my pants... mainly cause the messhall food liquiefied my shit, but this certainly didn;t help

more fragging goodness on the way

I don't care if this is more of the same, Serious Sam rocks. Too bad I'll be at school. I'll have to wait until Saturday, I haven't even finished the Age of Empires III demo.

nutcrackr said:
party in my pants, everybody is invited
Everyone is going to come!
Actually, its
Guy 1 "Theres a party in my mouth!"
Guy 2 "And everyone is going to come!"
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Is this going to be like Painkiller with no real AI to speak of and just hordes of crazy monsters? Either way, it should be fun. :)

YEAH! didnt they say that it has a crapload of destructible enviornments?

Hmmm... do you think it's wise to release a demo that includes ALL the weapons in the game? Won't that ruin the build-up of getting a new and better weapon at the start of each level in the final game. Part of the original's fun was being amazed at the new weapons that you pick up after each level. I remember finding the cannon for the first time; it was quite a moment.

Other than that, bring on the demo!! :D

Looking forward to it! :)

Co-op was absolutely awesome in the two first games, especially fun when my brother and I played over LAN.

SWEEET!!! Gonna download this as soon as i get home. Make sure you guys make a new topic/stick a link in here somewhere!

Co-op is going to be so much fun. Can't wait to start killing hordes of crazy monsters! :D

Awesome. I'm on holidays now and i've got 3 days left before i have to start going crazy with exam preparation and finishing my Visual Communications folio

VictimOfScience said:
Is this going to be like Painkiller with no real AI to speak of and just hordes of crazy monsters?
Vigilante said:
hell YEAH!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Anyway, nice. I've been waiting for the game, and this is a very unexpected surprise.

Only 4 players? :|

Oh well, SS 4 teh win!

The original Serious Sam was surprisingly awesome considering it looked like an incredibly average FPS shooter before it came out.

Seriously! have posted their hands-on preview of Serious Sam II, based off of playing all 42 levels of a beta version of the game. Included in the preview are four brand new Serious Sam II screenshots:

The action of Serious Sam II is both intense and hilariously fun, and at times you may catch yourself not breathing for long periods of time. The enemies are simply gigantic, and at one point I encountered what I thought was the first boss of the game, until another dozen massive mechanical spiders dropped in all around me and I realized how mistaken I was. Enemy counts are higher than ever, with one level in the early stages of the game having over 330 enemies, with a later level throwing more than 1,100 enemies at Sam (we're promised the final game will have even more). Serious Sam II also throws over a half dozen boss fights at Sam, all of which are absolutely massive and leave the player with a sense of accomplishment.

In addition to more powerful weapons and much larger enemies, Croteam also added numerous vehicles and stationary turrets. Serious Sam II delivers numerous moments of sheer bliss. Imagine how fun it would be to fly around blasting enemies in a Star Wars-esque hovercraft while football orcs throw flaming footballs at you, ships fly overhead on bombing runs and attack runs, and objects caught in the crossfire crumble around you. Now do that numerous times, and mix in stationary pulse and minigun turrets, and you might find that Serious Sam II delivers more fun than you can handle.

I think they've just put the link there ready. Hurry up an release it!!

Downloading from Filefront at full speed :D 14mins to go.

Thanks for the links!

I'm getting it off fileplanet (link on the front page), 21 minute wait as of now.

When did fileplanet get the dark makeover?

Has anyone got a link to the specs need for this game? Just wondered what i could run it at. (high i know, just wondering how well) :p

Murray_H said:
I'm getting it off fileplanet (link on the front page), 21 minute wait as of now.

When did fileplanet get the dark makeover?

yesterday I believe, it just changed randomly... It looks cool I guess, they also have a new download manager.

Hey what's this all about ?

Is it like painkiller? Is there coop multiplayer?

Mr-Fusion said:
Is there coop multiplayer?
There was in the first one.

Oh, and it was all about over-the-top arcade-style action... bosses were ****ing HUGE... you had to face tons of enemies at a time... you got crazy weapons like a cannonball launcher... it took place in Egypt... and it was only $20 when it was released. I loved it. Damn you, demo! Finish downloading!

Mr-Fusion said:
Is there coop multiplayer?

Don't know if the demo supports it (I hope so), but the full-version will have co-op support.

EDIT: Downloaded now... about damn time too!

System requirements: (taken from the "readme")

Hardware Requirements:

CPU: AMD Athlon or Intel Pentium

RAM: 512MB

GFX: Graphics board with complete support for hardware pixel shaders (compliant with DirectX 8 or higher).

Drivers: newest available hardware drivers

DirectX 9.0c

Please make sure that DirectX9.0c is installed, and that you have updated your graphics card drivers.

Not supported:

- Windows 95, 98 and ME

- DirectX 7.0 or lower 3D accelerator, or one without DirectX 9.0 compatible driver

(Matrox Parhelia, nVidia TNT and GeForce1,2,4MX series, ATI Radeon 7000 series, Intel integrated graphics prior to 915G chipset, ...)

Minimum supported (low-end system):

CPU: ~1.5 GHz Athlon XP or Pentium M, or ~2 GHz Pentium 4

RAM: 256 MB

Sound: any DirectSound compatible sound board

Graphics: DirectX 8.0/8.1 compliant or low-end DirectX 9 3D accelerator

(nVidia GeForce3 and 4 series (not MX!), GeForceFX 5200 through 5700 series, ATI Radeon 8500 through 9200 and X300 series, S3 DeltaChrome or XGI Volari ... )

Recommended (mainstream):

CPU: ~2.0 GHz Athlon XP or Pentium M or ~2.6 GHz Pentium 4

RAM: 512 MB

Sound: DirectSound3D compliant sound board

(Creative SoundBlaster Live series, nVidia SoundStorm, ...)

Graphics: DirectX 9.0 compliant 3D accelerator

(nVidia GeForceFX 5900 series and GeForce 6200 and 6600 series, ATI Radeon 9500 thru 9800 and X600-X700 series, ...)

Full-experience (high-end):

CPU: ~2 GHz Athlon64, or ~3 GHz Pentium 4

RAM: 1 GB (1024 MB)

Sound: DirectSound3D with EAX 2.0+ sound board

(Creative SoundBlaster Audigy series, nVidia SoundStorm, ...)

Graphics: DirectX 9.0 high-end 3D accelerator

(nVidia GeForce6 6800 and 7800 series, ATI Radeon X800 and X850 series, ...)

Back