I hate you all,you with DSL and Cable

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Very disappointed

The enemies were unoriginal and old
The ai was bad
The levels, all though looking huge, was extremely restrictive
The graphics were sub current generation
The sound was buggy
The game is highly unoptimised. Why can i run Halflife2, which looks far superiour at 1280x1024 with max details, 4x fsaa and 16x af, but Serious Sam 2 is choppy.

it worked fine for me, yeh its not great, but you dont get it do you... its about shooting lots of stuff in a frenzy, It's not like they where actually trying for 'best fps of the year'.

Is it possible that there were too many flying enemies? In the originals I seem to remember only the bird-women as the only flying enemies (aside from the large projectiles). In fact now that I think of it, those enemies were some of the most annoying to fight. We're used to ground combat, instead of looking all over the air to see what's shooting at us. Serious Sam works better that way.

Like I said, check the credits in the extras menu. Those levels and enemies look much better than the ones in this demo.

The new Sam character looks like a big-jawed douche, i like the older, cooler looking sam. The weapons suck and arnt really effective against the enemies, Serious Sam HAD WWWWAAAAYYYYY cooler weapons like the double barreled shotgun, the new guns just dont feel powerful. Worse than the original by far. Oh and way too many flying enemies too. The levels weren't very cool aswell, just look at this old serious sam picture: i loved the old gothic look, now its all futuristic:/
sam_screen_4_large.jpg

A True Canadian said:
Is it possible that there were too many flying enemies? In the originals I seem to remember only the bird-women as the only flying enemies (aside from the large projectiles). In fact now that I think of it, those enemies were some of the most annoying to fight. We're used to ground combat, instead of looking all over the air to see what's shooting at us. Serious Sam works better that way.

You know what, I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

Ok I just played the demo again with adjusted settings and had more fun this time.

Also you can pick up objects!! One of the secret rooms contains a soccer ball and some really silly enemies as well.

I just wish they had picked a level that was more like the ones in the other game. Something like the Cathedral (in operative x's post) would have gotten a better reception. The demo could also have used more humor.

A True Canadian said:
Ok I just played the demo again with adjusted settings and had a funner time.

Also you can pick up objects!! One of the secret rooms contains a soccer ball and some really silly enemies as well.

I just wish they had picked a level that was more like the ones in the other game. Something like the Cathedral (in operative x's post) would have gotten a better reception.

Throw the football in the net....:O

Murray_H said:
Throw the football in the net....:O

GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!! :D

There's one secret left that I can't find. There's the small room that we're talking about, and then there's the carrot tree, but I'm still having no luck finding the third.

I liked the demo, although I'm already tired of all those flying enemies!

It's kinda cool. I'll get the full game.

I havn't played the demo yet(waiting till my 7800GTX arrives).
Anyway, the flying enemy thing reminds me of Invasion gamemode on UT2004. When having all the guys around you, the ones I hated were the flying ones. Were soooo annoying :|.

Minerel said:
I havn't played the demo yet(waiting till my 7800GTX arrives).
Anyway, the flying enemy thing reminds me of Invasion gamemode on UT2004. When having all the guys around you, the ones I hated were the flying ones. Were soooo annoying :|.

exactly

they were extremely annoying in Invasion :x

For those of you still whining about the graphics, don't forget to go into advanced options and turn on HDR!

Looks nicer. Not that much, but the cartoony feel I pointed out earlier is gone :)

Downloaded demo, ill get to it as soon as i have some free time. Loved 1st/2nd.

Back