Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Secondary Fire: Too weak

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Both too weak

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • The shotgun is fine.

Votes: 27 33.3%

• Total voters
Definitely too weak, both primery and secondary, a blast in the face should kill wether its primary or secondary.

I fondly remember an occasion where I snuck up on this guy and unleased a double barrel blow to the back of his head. He then proceeded to turn around and shoot me in the foot with the 357. I died, he didn't. Good stuff.

(I voted both too weak)

It needs more ammo I say, another 2 rounds in the max load would help (so, from 6 to 8)

I think it needs the 8 shells in the chamber, and the secondary fire beefed up considerably.

I agree, both are too weak, and it should be 8 shot, like in the first game...

i feel both are weak, plus as bliink pointed out, max shells need to be increased too.
i hope some things get changed real soon tho.. :|

Alternate fire at point blank range should kill no matter what.

It doesn't.

I wouldn't say "no matter what." It should take two hits if they're at 100 armor, and they should be able to just barely survive three if they're at 200.

BTW, I saw someone survive two of my magnum shots. He had just come from lockdown's charger, so I bet he had 100 health and 200 armor. He didn't have much left after that, though, went down real quick.

HadouKen24 said:
I wouldn't say "no matter what." It should take two hits if they're at 100 armor, and they should be able to just barely survive three if they're at 200.

BTW, I saw someone survive two of my magnum shots. He had just come from lockdown's charger, so I bet he had 100 health and 200 armor. He didn't have much left after that, though, went down real quick.

Yeah, with 100-200 you can take a lot, but if those shot were to the head, I bet he would've died.

90% of the time NO ONE has 100 armor, and it takes 3-4 headshots with shotty to kill someone, and 2-3 with secondary (anywhere), it shouldnt be this way, one shot in the head with shotty should kill you or atleast take you down to 10-20hp considering you had 100hp, seconday should kill you instantly if it hits you above wasit.

Flyingdebris said:
give it 2 more shots and it will be fine

Who would have known how appropriate your name would be in HL2DM when ya picked it :eek:

90% of the time NO ONE has 100 armor, and it takes 3-4 headshots with shotty to kill someone, and 2-3 with secondary (anywhere), it shouldnt be this way, one shot in the head with shotty should kill you or atleast take you down to 10-20hp considering you had 100hp, seconday should kill you instantly if it hits you above wasit.

If you're close enough, yes. I think it's perfect at medium range (no one uses it for long range...), but I think we all agree it needs to be beefed up at close range.

Yeah, with 100-200 you can take a lot, but if those shot were to the head, I bet he would've died.

Yeah, I've taken magnum shots myself at 100-200 (not two, though took the guy down first). I tried for a headshot, but he kept jumping around, so I hit him in the torso.

HadouKen24 said:
If you're close enough, yes. I think it's perfect at medium range (no one uses it for long range...), but I think we all agree it needs to be beefed up at close range.

I actually is surprisingly good for long distance... still not that great, though.

Who would have known how appropriate your name would be in HL2DM when ya picked it

yeah i've had this name for years, i picked it back when i played the old 3D0 road rash game (the PC port) due to my tendency to smash into road signs and go flying.

So i gather its been a good 6 or 7 years of using the name flyingdebris, it was originally flyingdebrisguy, but i streamlined it a tad

Oh right, shotgun. Maybe adding a few more pellets to each blast would help in addition to the 2 extra shells.

even just giving 2 more shells in the magazine would be a big improvement

I actually is surprisingly good for long distance... still not that great, though.

It was a pleasant surprise for me, too. It's nothing like the Doom 3 shotgun, excellent up close, but useless more than four yards out.

Y'know what's fun? Trying to be a shotgun sniper. Difficult, but worth it.

HadouKen24 said:
It was a pleasant surprise for me, too. It's nothing like the Doom 3 shotgun, excellent up close, but useless more than four yards out.

Y'know what's fun? Trying to be a shotgun sniper. Difficult, but worth it.

This is a good strategy, because it isn't expected.

i dont think people really understand the shotguns use here, its more of a finnishing weapon, fire off 32 rounds of SMG fire into some, then pull out ya shotgun, an blow there ****ing heads off, they die simply enough (generally though i kill ppl just with SMG fire, but thats not the point) still, i have no trouble killing people with shotgun

The shotgun is fine. Leave it be. Stop complaining. Hell, I'm lethal with any weapon. :p

Shotty is a tad too weak, I have pumped several rounds into enemies at close range & not killed them.

On the other hand the Magnum really needs nerfing (but not too much)

I just think a close quarters blast from the shotty should equal instant death, armour or no armour.

i think that with little or no armor, the primary fire should kill in 1 shot above waist. With 100 armor, the secondary fire should kill in 1(well 2) shots above waist. With 200 armor, itd take 3-4 shots to kill them.

The shotgun is fine. Its perfect, its more of a finishing off weapon.

so basically raziel you dont wantanything changed? face it, some things are gunna get tweaked

MÆST said:
I fondly remember an occasion where I snuck up on this guy and unleased a double barrel blow to the back of his head. He then proceeded to turn around and shoot me in the foot with the 357. I died, he didn't. Good stuff.

(I voted both too weak)

:thumbs: :LOL::LOL:

Aim for the head and use secondary fire. Wash, rinse, repeat as necessary. It should kill in 3 shots or less.

and that doesn't seem odd to you?
3 shots with secondary fire is the whole damn clip

A well placed single shot, followed by a double barrel blast usually does it for me in close quarters. Tune down the Magnum would be my advise, but that's turning into a cliché.

I think the best idea for the shotgun would be to add 2-3 extra pellets per shot, and increase the clip to 8. It makes it more useful from a longer range as well as making close-range more damage. Whereas if you increase the damage dealt by each pellet, it's reasonable at close range but could be unrealistically strong at long range (if 1 pellet hits across the map and takes off 20 HP, for example).

Lanthanide said:
I think the best idea for the shotgun would be to add 2-3 extra pellets per shot, and increase the clip to 8. It makes it more useful from a longer range as well as making close-range more damage. Whereas if you increase the damage dealt by each pellet, it's reasonable at close range but could be unrealistically strong at long range (if 1 pellet hits across the map and takes off 20 HP, for example).

You have a very good point. Really. I should've thought about that.

The shotgun is fine I reckon. It's not too powerful and not too weak and the ammo just edges on the side of annoying when you run out at the wrong moment. Which a shotgun should really, for suspense, like reloading while a bunch of zombies are getting closer and cornering you in some ally.

Back