Show Off Your System!!!

Reaction score
Heres your chance to show off your system to the world!! Just give detail about your system and have other comment and droll over it!

HERES MINE:
-ThermalTake Xaser III Super Tower
-DFI Lan Party Socket 478
-Intel Pentium 2.8gHz 800mhzFSB with HT OverClocked to 3.15gHz
-1024mb Corsair XMS Extreme DDR400 RAM
-PNY GeForce 5900ultra 256 DDR. Core OverClocked to 485mHz
-Creative SoundBlaster Audigy Gamer (soon to be Audigy 2 Platinum)
-WesternDigital 120gb HD 7200rpm
-DVD-ROM 16x
-CD-R/RW/MRW 50x48x52x
-19 inch Pure Flat CRT
-Logitech MX400 Optical Mouse
-7, yes 7 ThermalTake Silent cool 80mm Case Fans, and yes they are way silent!

Please give me any suggestions on how I can make it better.

You overpaid. :p

I hate "show off your system" topics, but that's just me :)

The Basics:

Intel Pentium 4 3.06Ghz 800mhz FSB with Hyper Threading
1024MB Dual Channel DDR 400Mhz RAM
ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB Overclocked 400Mhz Core, 349Mhz Memory
Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum
120GB (7200rpm) Hard Drive
16x DVD-Drive/48x CD-Rewriter Drive
17" Monitor

AMD 2.0ghz
256 DDR ;(
Ati radeon 9600pro
ONBOARD sound :LOL:
80gig 7200rpm
CD-RW
A crap old monitor

I need an upgrade

pretty simple compared to u guys i supose, not overclocking:

Pentium 4 2.8cghz 800mhz fsb with HT technology
gigabyte GA-8lk1100
1gig dual channel ddr ram
hercules 9800pro 128mb
really crappy really old sblive 5.1
120gig 7200rpm seagate hardrive
CD-RW 52x
DVD Rom
17" lcd monitor 16ms response time

Originally posted by Camon_Draconis
Please give me any suggestions on how I can make it better.

How to make it better? Swap your Nvidia 5900 Ultra for an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.

My specs:

AthlonXP 3000+ 400 MHz FSB
Asus A7N8X 2.0 nforce2 motherboard
2x512mb Corsair pc3200 DDR RAM @ 400 MHz
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 sound card
2 Western Digital HDDs, one 30 GB (5400RPM) one 40 GB (7200RPM)
CD-ROM drive
Philips CD-R/RW
WindowsXP Pro
KDS 17" flat screen monitor

nothing OC'd

Let me whip out the e-penis:

Intel P4 2.4c @ 3.2Ghz (1064MHz FSB) w/ Zalman CNPS7000-Cu
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
1GB OCZ DDR500 EL Gold @ DDR533
ATi Radeon 9800 Pro @ 420/360 w/ Zalman ZM80C-HP & ZM-OP1 Fan
2 WD 36GB Raptors RAID 0
Lian Li PC-80 w/ Zalman 80mm case fans
NEC 17" CRT
And all the other basic peripherals

Better than top of the line when I put it together 3 months ago for less than $1500. Not bad huh?

Edit: Oh, and no fruity case mods! Straight black, just the way I like it.

im really dieing to find out what Shuzer's specs are. i just have to find out. i dought he will post though.

MY GOD MACHINE (nothing isOCed)

P4 3. HT 800FSB
Asus p4c800e-deluxe
asus 9800xt
kingston hyperX 2x512 ddr400 (2-2-2-2-6-1) (Not OC)
WD caviar 60 gigs 7200rpm 8mbbuffer
19 inch Envision

xoxiod X-clear case
duct cooling
4 antec smart fans,
thermaltake case fan for duct intake
thermaltake spark7+ for cpu
antec true 550watt
black CPU mod cover with 80mm hole
wire mesh filters, high density and low density.
round IDE FLOPPY and IDE cables
Zalman Northbrige cooler (blue mountain i call it)

ohh ya most imporatantly
Flexo wiremanagement up the ass, u wont see 1 yellow, black or red wire in my case

yes, u may grovel at my feet now.

in reply to #7

how do u feel having twice the recommended weight on ur oced 3.2? and Zalman ZM80C-HP & ZM-OP1 Fan hanging on ur vid card? the only things keeping it up is noth ing, except the pins in the agp slot and the 1 screw. CRACK CRACK *listens carefully* is that gold ati 9800 pro pins i hear cracking in the agp slot?

im not being sarcstic, do u feel comfortable buyin those bulky shit, i want to buy em. how long hvae u had em? lol does ur vid card llok like a half pipe yet? lol jk

but serious tell me .

just got this comp

p4 3.2 ghz 800fsb
1 gig ddr 400 kingston
40 gig harddrive
radeon 9600 pro Oced to Xt

waiting for the next gen of graphics cards

If you must know, hyenolie :)

» AMD Athlon XP 2500+ OCed to 2800+ (12.5x133)
» Asus A7V8X-X motherboard
» 512MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM
» 120GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 (7200RPM, 8MB Cache)
» Radeon 9700 OCed to 9700 Pro speeds
» 17" KDS Visual Sensations Monitor (V7)
» Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer 5.1
» Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers

I attribute the poor overclock to my sucky RAM, oh well, the RAM was cheap :)

Originally posted by hyenolie
ahh nice nice, thankee very much,

just wanted to know =P

np :) I used to have it as my sig.. but then I realized it was pointless.. I think I was grumpy earlier so I posted that, I'm happy to show off my specs

Barton 2500 at 3200ish (204x11.5)
512mn RAM - Matched pair of Corsair pc3200 extra low latency at 5,3,3,2
Radeon 9800 non pro flashe with pro bios and overclocked beyond that

Just general stuff other than that.

Ok here we go.
MSI 6511 (VIA KT133)
Athlon Xp1600+ (palomino)
2x 256 pc133 SDRAM
40gb 7200prm 2mb cache Maxtor hdd
Gigabyte 9200SE overclocked to pro specs
coolermaster areo 7 and 3 80's
Boss windowed case with ccfl and stuff.
dvd/rw
dvd/rom
floppy (never used)

Not the best, i know. but still ok.

Damn, I wish some of you lived in Riverside County in California. I have one of the best systems in my stupid town! An no shuzer, i didnt over pay, the whole system aside from the monitor was about 1000 bucks! And eventually I will go Radeon, but I'm, currently saving for Macromedia Studo MX 2004pro and a digital cam.

dude whats with everyone sayings the sigs are pointless?

i have been on forums a long time around the net, the best part about forums, is reading what kind of comp specs people have

im dead serious, i think its usefull in many ways. i never thought of comp spec sigs as pointless.

it shows what poeple are using and whats in demand, kind of even tell u that its time to upgrade that 486. i always thought it was interesting.

for example, i realy want to know what kind of northbridge coolers people use, and it be cool if it was in their sigs, it wasnt so i had to make a thread. see i wasted a thread.

many ways its usefull.

p.s. my system specs will cost 1500, thats with no monitor, surge protector and cdrom, im still deciding which brands to get. and trust me im not ovrepaying, im getting all for the cheapest price, all reasearched and worked out.

ohhh lol

/me blushes

yo, i c u have zalman, i must ask, how u feel having it? good? bad?

plus its got no fan gril right, the fan is open with the heatsinks around it. any wires ever get sliced off in there? a finger? hampster? carrots?

Igneri EDIT: Please dont double post.

The fan is excellent. Its pretty much the best air cooling you can get. Its extremely quiet, but cools as good as a SLK-900U w/ panaflo, and pretty close to a tornado.

No, I never chopped anything in there, heh. The PS connectors pop out once in a blue moon and itll knock those up.

i think they just need a sticky for -system specs showing off-
so these forums dont keep getting recreated

I normally don't post on these but I recently got a new system, so what the hey.

P4 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB
Intel Motherboard
1024MB DDR400 Dual Channel
80GB 7200RPM Western Digital Hard Drive w/ 8MB Cache
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Retail
Landmark Case w/ 350W PSU
Basic Radeon 7200 w/ 64MB DDR
Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

The beauty part is that I payed about $950 bucks (that's about $730 for you American folk) for the whole thing over a month ago, even before Intel did it's price cuts. I wasn't even going to get a new computer, but Intel came up with a killer deal for people working in retail that I couldn't pass up.

So, where do you all buy most of your stuff, the internet? Best Buy? What?

The internet.. much cheaper

BTW, shorten your sig otherwise you're gonna get warned..

13 lines = wayyy too long
4 lines is max, otherwise an admin will delete it

Nice sig Camon...

Standard stuff for my PC and in the sig.
SLK800U is awesome.
Back mount on the back of the motherboard helps keep it REALLY cool and this thing wont fall off with these 4 spring loaded screws.
Just have a silent 2200-2400rpm Coolmaster LED fan on there and I've hit 32C lows (idle) and the highest I've noticed it at is 38C (load) durring game play, CoD to be exact.
And even with a radeon 9800Pro and 2 7200rpm harddrives in a harddrive rack right in front of my 2 intake fans still does not seem to affect temps at all.

But for northbridge cooling...standard passive heatsink w/thermal paste. As silent as you can get. lol
Passive cooling = heatsink
Active cooling = +fan
Liquid cooling = water or other types of extreme cooling

I perfer not to OC because for me...there is no real point.
I look for performance but I also want stability/dependability and with OCing you compromise that.

in reply to #7

how do u feel having twice the recommended weight on ur oced 3.2? and Zalman ZM80C-HP & ZM-OP1 Fan hanging on ur vid card? the only things keeping it up is noth ing, except the pins in the agp slot and the 1 screw. CRACK CRACK *listens carefully* is that gold ati 9800 pro pins i hear cracking in the agp slot?

im not being sarcstic, do u feel comfortable buyin those bulky shit, i want to buy em. how long hvae u had em? lol does ur vid card llok like a half pipe yet? lol jk

but serious tell me .

I have no reservations about the weight of the CNPS7000-Cu on my P4 2.4c, cause anyone that has an 800FSB P4 will tell you that this chip is next to invincible. The heatspreader on the 2.4c stands above the actual die, so the probability of crushing the die is very low. I might be worried about having an AMD under this thing though.

Now I was a little worried about the ZM80C-HP and fan, so I did a lot of research on it. I didn't find one horror story about this setup even from kids who've had it for around a year. When I actually got the pipes I realized that they're really not as heavy as I thought they would be cause they're made almost completely out of aluminum. The weight distribution is pretty even and the fan is featherweight, so the card isn't really being pulled down in the unsupported sections. Infact, the weight of the total setup is comparable to an Asus 5900u that uses a copper heatsink.

The best part about my rig is it is incredibly quiet, inexpensive and easy to set up for an aircooled overclocked system (with quite a decent overclock as well!). Keep in mind though that I don't transport my system oftern. I don't go to LAN parties or bring it to friends houses. It spends most of it's time under my desk.

Abit Max 3 motherboard
1 gig of pc3200 dual channel memory
9800 XT 256 mb of ram
3.0 Intel processor
2 tornado fans (really loud)
5 regular led fans
Fan controller
Dvd player
1 80 gb hardrive
1 60 gb hardrive
Sound Blaster Audigy 2.0 (gamer edition)

wow, its comforting to see that there isnt 1 horror story with the overweight cpu and vga coolers, i originaly wanted to buy those but asus says its to heavy and he questions it so i just agreed, but since so horror stories its likely that shit wont brake.

u say ur system spends most its time, lol ive never had a system that lefts its original place, always sat there just humming.

im getting a spark7+ and a duct system, with the zalman cpu cooler, i dont think the duct will fit over. well thats what rabies tells me. so im stuck with spark7+,

but as for the vga cooler from zalman, im goona test out the asus dual small fans, see what their temps are and compare em to online temps, if my card dont get hotter than online review temps using zalman i wont buy it but if i can get a 10C diff ill buy the zalman, its worth it.

AMD Athlon XP 2200+ (1,8GHz)
Asus A7S333 (got some performance issues and a broken sound chip)
2 X 256MB PC2100 DDR
SB Live! Value (About 5½ years old :p)
MSI GF4 Ti4200 64MB (This one needs replacing as well due to performance issues)
CD-RW/DVD combo drive (don't remember the speeds, broken as well, or then it's because the mobo)
40GB Maxtor & 80GB Maxtor
About 5½ years old 17" monitor (1024X768 85Hz, 1158X864 74Hz etc..., though 75Hz looks as good as 85Hz in most of the monitors)
Sidewinder joystick
Microsoft optical mouse
5½ years old keytronic keyboard
Antec TruePower 330W PSU
Crappy vibrating case that needs replacing

Anyways overall very crappy computer due to misfunctioning parts, damn stable but very slow.

Originally posted by $pazmatazz

Basic Radeon 7200 w/ 64MB DDR

You know I bought that card to my lil' bro's computer for 10€ and it's slow as hell, I can't play any game good with it if I put it to my computer.

u say ur system spends most its time, lol ive never had a system that lefts its original place, always sat there just humming.

but as for the vga cooler from zalman, im goona test out the asus dual small fans, see what their temps are and compare em to online temps, if my card dont get hotter than online review temps using zalman i wont buy it but if i can get a 10C diff ill buy the zalman, its worth it.

I just ment that I barely move my rig around.

Asus makes the best stock cooler on any video card so I wouldn't switch to the Zalman if I were you. Asus uses copper heatsinks and a pretty powerful fan system. The difference temperature between the Asus stock fan and the Zalman VGA pipes is too small to go through the trouble of putting on the pipes.

For real, you should just leave the stock HSF on if your not OCing your card or if its not running over the limit.

If anything, get some RAM sinks for the card.

Originally posted by Faravid
You know I bought that card to my lil' bro's computer for 10€ and it's slow as hell, I can't play any game good with it if I put it to my computer.

Ya, it's the card I bought a few years ago when I bought my first computer. I'm putting off buying an AIW 9800 Pro, because the only reason for me to get it right now is HL2, and that's nowhere in sight. The little Radeon does fine for Counter-strike though, which seems to be all I'm playing lately.

ati9800pro
2.6C 800fsb
512ddr400
16xdvdrom
and all other stuff highperformance such as harddrive/mobo

Viewing: 17"/50"lcd+dvi
sound: logitech5.1/Reciever-speakers

got actual system for ~740

Theres one thing Ive noticed with these specs: no body has nvidia cards. Everyone has Ati even in the older models. now whys that? is it because ATI is better or is it because Nvidia seems too much like a corporate powerhouse these days. I mean, just looking at computer companies, many of them use nvidia cards because they get sponsored by them. Do you all like fight the power or something? now, yes i have an nvidia card because it was cheaper by like 20 bucks over the 9800pro, but also because ive had a better history with nvidia cards, or i guess just pny, cause i wont buy a nvidia card from others like evga. so yea, im just wondering if its a trend, or what cause i really dont see much performance difference btw my system with a 5900ultra and my friends with a 9800pro. and we have the same specs, execpt for some perphials

because it was for $130, bests $400 thats for sure.

Theres one thing Ive noticed with these specs: no body has nvidia cards. Everyone has Ati even in the older models. now whys that? is it because ATI is better or is it because Nvidia seems too much like a corporate powerhouse these days. I mean, just looking at computer companies, many of them use nvidia cards because they get sponsored by them. Do you all like fight the power or something? now, yes i have an nvidia card because it was cheaper by like 20 bucks over the 9800pro, but also because ive had a better history with nvidia cards, or i guess just pny, cause i wont buy a nvidia card from others like evga. so yea, im just wondering if its a trend, or what cause i really dont see much performance difference btw my system with a 5900ultra and my friends with a 9800pro. and we have the same specs, execpt for some perphials

- Many people are choked at the fact that nVidia cheated on benchmarks to gain performace leads that weren't real.
- ATi's cards perform much better under DirectX 9 conditions than nVidia cards (ex. HL2).

As for older models, I'm not sure. Just a coincidence I guess.

Back