Sigh...you guys are probably sick of this but....

ShinRa

Companion Cube
Reaction score
My family is going to Seattle in 2 weeks. I emailed gabe about coming to visit while i was there and his secretary called my house lol. Pretty interesting stuff, so basically im booked to visit on august 14th. So just out of curiosity, anything you guys want me to squeeze out of him while im there?

Oh...oh thats real cute shuzer. Real cute. :mad:

Guinny - try to fish something out of gabe or someone with something like:

"Oh, I can't wait to play a HL2 themed deathmatch with you guys..."

That'll force them to answer about the MP.

Goddamned, can't think of anything..

edit: Yeah, something 'bout the MP.

And about the expansions that'll come!

lans said:
Guinny - try to fish something out of gabe or someone with something like:

"Oh, I can't wait to play a HL2 themed deathmatch with you guys..."

That'll force them to answer about the MP.

Guinny: "Oh, I can't wait to play a HL2 themed deathmatch with you guys!"
Gabe: "I'm sure there will be lots of mods for HL2 :)"

Take Gabe hostage, with a fork, and demand HL2 to be released.

Just ask to play Half Life 2, see how you like it, then play CS:Source, and tell us how you like it. Etc, etc. Take pictures, and movies.

Shuzer said:
Guinny: "Oh, I can't wait to play a HL2 themed deathmatch with you guys!"
Gabe: "I'm sure there will be lots of mods for HL2 :)"

I suppose you've got a point there.. :|

Ask him about HL2's real MP........got that ...thx :p

Maybe if you kids would leave them alone they could have finished the damn game already!

Valve's morning meetings:

Gabe: So, what's on the work schedule for today?

Rick: Well, we've got a few tours lined up for some folks visiting from halflife2.net. And, uh, Doug?

Doug: Yeah?

Rick: You're going to be answering e-mails for most of the day, right?

Doug: Yeah, that's the plan.

Gabe: And what about Half-Life 2?

Rick: What?

Gabe: Half-Life 2.

Rick: What's that?

Gabe: It's the game we're supposed to be making.

Rick: Oh, that. Yeah, we haven't had time to work on it in weeks.

Mountain, consider this.. VALVe allows tours when they see fit. If they wanted to, they could deny them. Furthermore, how many people are working on HL2? Do you REALLY think Gabe spending a few hours with tour visitors is going to hurt the development time? Besides, Gabe takes those testers comments and applies them to the final game..

Ask him if you can play the first level and then tell us how awesome it is when you get back.

Yeah I highly doubt they would just let anyone come in and tour the place if they still had tons of work to do on the game, clearly they are at a point where they can afford to give these tours and are interested in people's input on the game. I highly doubt guinny is gonna be able to get some new secret info out of them that the other's haven't been able to, so just have as much fun as you can and definitely get some play time with hl2 and cs:s. :)

T E A M F O R T R E S S 2 ASK ANYTHING OF EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. por favor.

I emailed a good half-week (i can hear you now: " A WHOLE HALF-A-WEEK!! GASP*) about sprays, i just want an answer;

Will hp2 have;

-better quality sprays.
-allow bigger sized sprays.
-allow semi-transparent areas in sprays (PNG's) I WOULD LOVE THIS FEATURE!
-remove the multiples of 16 restriction on resolution.
-allow animated sprays (already think we can).
-anything else.

PLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE ask him that ^ :) and i shall be eternally grateful :)

If you get to play the first level, why not take a screenshot(s) as an exclusive for Half-Life2.net?

The release date of the binks... uhhh.... maybe something about snarks. I don't know. Most of our questions were answered already.

Have fun.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT TAKE PICTURES OF DISPLAY CASES, PICTURES ON THE WALL, AND THE FRONT DESk...... as everyone does ;)..

keep the camera in your jacket and snap photos of the game .. and other game related things :).

^^ on second thought ask all that stuff about the sprays :p

OHHH and can you please ask them can smoke grenades that have already gone off be pushed around like other objects in the maps. Or can grenades be shot out of midair and be redirected?

Way to go, visit VALVe on my birthday. Get me something special.
But, I'll probably be playing the beta with Mr. Shuz.

genocide604 said:
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT TAKE PICTURES OF DISPLAY CASES, PICTURES ON THE WALL, AND THE FRONT DESk...... as everyone does ;)..

keep the camera in your jacket and snap photos of the game .. and other game related things :).

It's for themselves, they just post it. If I went, I'd take those pics...just because I might not go back!

If all these people didn't visit valve and gabe didn't have to personally give them a tour and show them stuff, the game would be out faster me thinks.

Mountain Man said:
Maybe if you kids would leave them alone they could have finished the damn game already!

Valve's morning meetings:

Gabe: So, what's on the work schedule for today?

Rick: Well, we've got a few tours lined up for some folks visiting from halflife2.net. And, uh, Doug?

Doug: Yeah?

Rick: You're going to be answering e-mails for most of the day, right?

Doug: Yeah, that's the plan.

Gabe: And what about Half-Life 2?

Rick: What?

Gabe: Half-Life 2.

Rick: What's that?

Gabe: It's the game we're supposed to be making.

Rick: Oh, that. Yeah, we haven't had time to work on it in weeks.

best... ever..

Meh, if the game's not gold by then, I'll be too busy playing DOOM 3 to check the forum. ;)

More hi-res screens of Hl2 and CS:S. I love to see new pics :D

OK so this is what ive got:

1. CS source sprays.
2. Playtest for a little and tell you guys how the first level is.
3. Ask about snarks making a come back.
4. Ask about TF2, even the slightest detail will be good for you tfc fans im assuming.
5. take loads of ingame ss's.
6. Take gabe hostage with a fork.

Shuzer said:
No. I'll be too busy playing the CS:S beta :D
Ohhhh yea!! that will be awesome, and the closest thing to halflife2!!!
Tell him, Pauly loves him.

Heh, sounds fun dude. good luck, man. I really want to go too! :( that must be fun. ASK HIM WHAT THE SECOND PART OF THE TEST IS, for the hl2.net community!

DoD: Source! Oh yea, and the Snarks, that have already been stated.

Guinny, can you please ask him about the status on TFC source port?

Evil^Milk said:
Guinny, can you please ask him about the status on TFC source port?

Sure.

also ill ask about dod:s and what the dilly-o is with that. im going in the middle of august though, im kinda hoping by then it'll have gone gold and we'll have a ton of info already.

Hopefully so, but be sure to ask about the multiplayer. I should be playing Doom 3 though :)

Back