Sigh...you guys are probably sick of this but....

Anything about the SDK.

What exactly it will have in it, how big it could be, are there any more interesting things about it that have not been talked about by Valve yet.

Oh if you cant find a fork to take Gabe hostage with a wooden spoon is also handy.

lol

One thing I have to ask, why is everyone so obsessed with TF2, I'm not trying to troll or be nooblet or anything, but to me, TF is just blue vs. red, more or less, and it's just like any other mod out there...

Shuzer said:
Mountain, consider this.. VALVe allows tours when they see fit. If they wanted to, they could deny them. Furthermore, how many people are working on HL2? Do you REALLY think Gabe spending a few hours with tour visitors is going to hurt the development time? Besides, Gabe takes those testers comments and applies them to the final game..
A little lacking in the sense of humor department, are we?

ask for a group hug

dont forget to take 4000x3000 sized photos of the golden crowbar, steam servers and other random shiney stuff floating about the office

and last but not least, ask them where the bathroom is.

:E

please, oh please no more screens of the stupid display shelves,the golden crowbar, and freaking waiting rooms

The only piece of information that would be vaguely interesting to me is a release date.

And as BFD said, if you get another photo of THAT DAMN CRAPPY GOLDEN CROWBAR i will invade your house on a lawnmower and deliver pwnage to your material possessions.

TFC Source
DMC Source
Ricochet Source
DoD Source
HL2 MP
Sven and NS on Steam
Steam dying for everyone recently from a small cs update.

Shuzer said:
Guinny: "Oh, I can't wait to play a HL2 themed deathmatch with you guys!"
Gabe: "I'm sure there will be lots of mods for HL2 :)"
ess tee eff ewe shuzer :(

Ok this may sound nuts, but let's get some shot of the Hallways and the inside of the bathroom if its as modern as the waiting area. If its a generic bathroom pass on pictures. But if it had a giant valve for flushing or something. . . eh nm

But a Hallway picture would give a better idea of how the offices are connected or meet.

It would be hilarious if it were like the PCgamer guy reviewing DoomIII, who was on site as they got the OK for going gold.
You walk in and someone taps Gabe on teh shoulder
"uhm, we got an A O K on the R C."

hhoohoho

I'll be too busy playing Doom 3 to give a flying crap about this. In fact, even if Doom 3 was somehow delayed I still wouldn't give a crap.

Anyway, ask about TF2 (screw HL2, sick of hearing about boring meaningless crap, release it already) and if you have time tell Gabe iamaelephant hates him for the way he is forever screwing the community that made him what he is today.

Edit: Oh, and please take a photo of the golden crowbar, the TFC weapons lying around the Valve offices, the front doors, the reception desk and your fat friend standing next to Gabe. Thanks.

iamaelephant said:
Anyway, ask about TF2 (screw HL2, sick of hearing about boring meaningless crap, release it already) and if you have time tell Gabe iamaelephant hates him for the way he is forever screwing the community that made him what he is today.

Aww poor baby, gets all mad over a game, btw he didn't screw over a community, he is doing more than Crytek for your information, little bitch.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Aww poor baby, gets all mad over a game, btw he didn't screw over a community, he is doing more than Crytek for your information, little bitch.

Little bitch?... how do you know he is little, might be a big bitch.... :bounce:

DiSTuRbEd said:

39877045.jpg

Well done lad.

If you don't care about HL2, why do you show up in so many threads reiterating that you don't care about new information? If you don't care, why even open the thread let alone take time complain on it?

And frankly Gabe didn't need to make Half-Life to be well off, he was part of Microsoft and built Valve with those funds. Seeing as Half-Life 2 hasn't sold anything yet, He's spent over 40 million (using hl1 funds). So remind me how we made him who he is today? How abute if it wasn't for him, you never would have played Half-life or ANY of its mods ?

Ask him about the dos attacks on steam! Ask him how many polys are in a character! Ask him when the new binks will be out! Ask him if he ever wears a shirt without a stain on it! Ask him if he will marry me? Ask him what sort of deal he made with satan to make such a radical tubular game! :rolling:

guinny said:
My family is going to Seattle in 2 weeks. I emailed gabe about coming to visit while i was there and his secretary called my house lol. Pretty interesting stuff, so basically im booked to visit on august 14th. So just out of curiosity, anything you guys want me to squeeze out of him while im there?

Take a lot of pictures (lots, everyone seems to forget to do that...of stuff we haven't seen much of...)

And ask if/when they intend on releasing the benchmark software thing they mentioned last year.

actually crytek did a whole shitload more than valve are doing during the build up to farcry. demos, screenshots, movies, competitions, it was all rather fun and a good distraction.

if anything valve could learn a thing or two from them.

Dr0ndeh said:
actually crytek did a whole shitload more than valve are doing during the build up to farcry. demos, screenshots, movies, competitions, it was all rather fun and a good distraction.

if anything valve could learn a thing or two from them.

Yeah, like making re-calls of their patches, always a good lesson. Oh maybe completely crapping over mod community and delaying release of SDK for no reason. I am sure Valve just can't wait for this one, just watch. :rolleyes:

Mountain Man said:
A little lacking in the sense of humor department, are we?

Huh? Oh, nope, sorry, ran out of that. These forums really drain a lot from you mentally :D

Be a good Beta tester and try as hard as you can to mess with the physics in every possible way.
Also:
-Detailed accounts of the ragdolling effects.
-Use your hands to throw shite at the combine!
-Find out exactly wtf that vaporiser gun is!

And thanks in advance, from those of us who have to visit valve vicariously. :thumbs:

Mr.Reak said:
Yeah, like making re-calls of their patches, always a good lesson. Oh maybe completely crapping over mod community and delaying release of SDK for no reason. I am sure Valve just can't wait for this one, just watch. :rolleyes:

Valve recalled a Steam patch a while ago, and delayed their SDK twice. Next please....

By the way Crytek actually made the wait for Far Cry fun and interesting. And to the guy who for some reason thinks I don't care about HL2, believe me I want this game as much as the next guy. It's just that I am sick to death of the same old boring crap. Some guy and his fat friend will go visit Valve, take some photos of the building, a crowbar, some TFC weapon, an extremely blurry picture of a monitor supposedly playing HL2, and his fat friend standing next to Gabe.

Seriously, I could start a thread that says "Look guys I flew in from New Zealand and visited Valve, see my photos!!" and just post the same photos you've all seen, just edit one of my fat friends into it. No one would notice.

Also, I don't want any more screenshots, videos, interviews or articles that cover the same old shit. I would, on the other hand, love to see some screenshots or videos of something new and interesting, or an interview that covers more than just a bunch of non-answers from Valve about multiplayer, then something really cryptic about CS:S or other hotly debated topics.

Ask about the Bink videos, when they are going to be released.

Have fun!

When gabe takes you to play the half life 2 and the menu is their, 'accidentlly' click on the multiplayer option and see whats their :D . Then just say that you thought it was cs:s. :rolling:

Bah you shouldn't trick them in getting info on the MP part.
If they want to realease the info, they will do so. Atm apparantly they won't, so stop pushing about it.
It nice enough you can go to their offices, don't abuse this chance.

mortiz said:
Ask Gabe if he's boning his secretary!!!
Ahh... the adult way of questioning :rolleyes:
Shouldn't you be gone by now?

Ansur said:
Ahh... the adult way of questioning :rolleyes:
Shouldn't you be gone by now?

Maybe you should, you obviously take these forums a little too seriously.

im crying with laughter at the fact that u guys believe a random person can just book a visit and see gabe or doug. rofl!!!! some of u need to snap back into reality.

when is the cs:s beta out btw?

Pureball said:
im crying with laughter at the fact that u guys believe a random person can just book a visit and see gabe or doug. rofl!!!! some of u need to snap back into reality.

Its been done about 4 times before :D Even ID let someone visit them

CS:Source beta is out August 10th, its starts pre-loading on the 5th

Pureball said:

loads of people have been to see VALVe from loads of different communities, run a search on these forums, there's even pictures to prove it.

Pureball said:

Yes it's only been done like 10 times before... :rolleyes:

Pureball said:

that's the 3rd time this day you amaze me with your utter ignorance and stupidity. Congratulations!

Hmm, just enjoy yourself mate. Don't worry about asking anything particular. Just keep your eyes peeled and you'll probubly pick up on something as they wont be as watchfull if they don't think you have a hidden adgenda.

Enjoy the CRAP out of yourself, don't bother asking for further information too much (if they want you to know anything more than we already do, they'd tell you) and see if you can swipe me a copy of HL2 while you're there.

Erm, I mean, DON'T swipe me a copy. Gabe, you can leave them all out for him because he wouldn't dream of taking one!

here's another question;

-Using the manipulator, can you pick up people/aliens if they're light enough?
-If you can pick up people/aliens, if their arms/tenticles are long enough, will they still attack you?
-Is there a SIZE limit to the manipulator (eg. a big balloon which doesnt weigh alot but is big)?

Just tell the team we love what they're doing and pleeeeeeeeease take a friggin break!

(ps. im looking forward to the manipulator :D)
(pps. My stupid easter egg post got deleted :( mods have no sense of humour. HERE IT IS AGAIN! : http://www.scarabpro.com/~rpg/page_files/dump/deathbunnies.jpg enjoy :D)

well according to royalewithcheese im stupid and ignorant..hmm ok.
my only point is do you really expect them to answer these questions??? yeah sure they'll answer ones they feel are ok to answer, but things that shouldnt be answered just...wont be answered.

anyway just wait it out guys. who cares if the release date might be delayed again. i'd rather wait until next year (if thats what it takes) to get a game that hasnt been rushed due to people wanting the game and constantly nagging...but they could just give us some sort of small map (E3 pool level per chance..) :)

Mr-Fusion said:
The only piece of information that would be vaguely interesting to me is a release date.
Yeah, that and information on the collector's edition and if the damn thing is really going to be worth $80.

Back