Simulatenous release is bizarre

Would you buy HL2 through steam if it came out a month before it hit the shelves?

• Yes

Votes: 142 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 88 38.3%

• Total voters
they should release the game earlier for those people who got shafted by the ati-HL2 deal (I'm one of them). No real reason, I just dont want to wait in line with everyone else considering I bought my copy of HL2 6 months ago :)

Stern can you get the boxed version with that ATI coupon? or is it just for Steam?

CB | Para said:
Stern can you get the boxed version with that ATI coupon? or is it just for Steam?

well you can order the cd version (not sure it'll be boxed) but you'd have to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery which I'm sure would start after the game is released

if that were the case, I would do the subscription thingy (10 bucks a month or whatever) for the month that it isnt in stores, then pickup my two box editions.
easy.

but the manual is the only thing that shall stop be doing something stupid on the way home from the games shop. Plus 56k would take about a lifetime to download the thing.

Rupertvdb said:
but the manual is the only thing that shall stop be doing something stupid on the way home from the games shop. Plus 56k would take about a lifetime to download the thing.

ouch!! I dont know how anyone can still be a gamer and use a 56K connection...what do you do if the update to a game is 500 mb's? it would take all week

CptStern said:
ouch!! I dont know how anyone can still be a gamer and use a 56K connection...what do you do if the update to a game is 500 mb's? it would take all week

Some people don't have access. Some people can't afford it.

CptStern said:
meh, my game boxes end up stuffed in a corner anyways

mine too

and its like i dont come to the forum to get hyped about the hl2 box or manual, im kinda partial to..well.. the game!!

yes I realise that...there are many remote places on earth where having broadband is impossible...it must make gaming very hard

poseyjmac said:
mine too

and its like i dont come to the forum to get hyped about the hl2 box or manual, im kinda partial to..well.. the game!!

as soon as I get the game I'm throwing it away and keeping the box ;)

CptStern said:
yes I realise that...there are many remote places on earth where having broadband is impossible...it must make gaming very hard

No. Some people actually like single player part of games. Remember people, multiplayer isn't everything in pc gaming.

blahblahblah said:
No. Some people actually like single player part of games. Remember people, multiplayer isn't everything in pc gaming to some people.

true very true

Yeah,

Until about 2 months ago all I played was sp. Now that I have broadband, mp has been what I've been playing recently, naturally.

However, multiplayer has many flaws of its own that allow sp to remain alive.
Connecting is always a real hassel for me, even for mmorpgs.
Multiplayer has no story, its fun, but single player can tell a story which is more important than you might think. And in singleplayer you don't have to worry about losing the connection, having somewhat of a high ping, etc. . .

i just wait stuff out or wait for a magazine to release a DVD with the updates on. I still used to kick arse on CS against the borad banders before the cheaters flooded the servers.

Modern games are a big no no though, luckily i elave for uni and it's an ultimate connection, my mate got a 7 megabite a second connection going using it...bwa haha

blahblahblah said:
No. Some people actually like single player part of games. Remember people, multiplayer isn't everything in pc gaming.

it is if your playing BF 1942 ;)

Hazar Dakiri said:
However, multiplayer has many flaws of its own that allow sp to remain alive.
Connecting is always a real hassel for me, even for mmorpgs.
Multiplayer has no story, its fun, but single player can tell a story which is more important than you might think. And in singleplayer you don't have to worry about losing the connection, having somewhat of a high ping, etc. . .

You're forgetting the one main drawback - arrogant, cheating tossers sat in jizz stained bedrooms with taurine bots and wallhacks and ringhacks and scope removal scripts and spots and armpits that smell of pizzas and a mental age of 11.

Can't wait for the Public Executions of Cheats by Disembowelment with spoons act to be implemented in 2007.

I would first see, if Steam provides all the required bandwith. In other words, if I could be able to download it quick, then, I think I would.
Although I do prefer to buy it in a store, because then i've got the cdrom and all..wich makes it easier to reinstall after a reboot or something :)

CR0M said:
You're forgetting the one main drawback - arrogant, cheating tossers sat in jizz stained bedrooms with taurine bots and wallhacks and ringhacks and scope removal scripts and spots and armpits that smell of pizzas and a mental age of 11.

Can't wait for the Public Executions of Cheats by Disembowelment with spoons act to be implemented in 2007.

you and me both brother.

CptStern said:
they should release the game earlier for those people who got shafted by the ati-HL2 deal (I'm one of them). No real reason, I just dont want to wait in line with everyone else considering I bought my copy of HL2 6 months ago :)

Many people pre-ordered the game long before that, why should they wait longer?

Back