slamed

GordonfreeMAN

Reaction score
post up pics of your favorite places to put slams..
heres one of mine..
489312slamed.jpg

Yes, it would hurt if you were standing right next to the poll when someone tripped it.

But because of the length of the beams (and how obvious they are), most people will be at such a distance away that they don't get hurt at all. Rather stupid, really.

You put them at the teleport output in dm_steamlabs... easy kills :D

Wraith said:
you're pretty smart for a girl

:cheers:

EDITED TO:

very smart

I like you, you can clean the blood off my boots :stare: ;)

putting a medium sized piece of junk in a high traffic area + a slam stuck to the back of it can score you some good kills.

the objects obscure the laser beam and most players are to lazy to pick up the object so they shove against the it to push it out of the way or jump over it and BAM

Better to put the slam on another object facing your target.

So are the slams tripmines/remote detonated/proximity? Or just tripmines?

both, :), left click throws one ready for remote detonation, and right click wacks them on an aimed surface and sets them off as trip mines.

SLAM and Stunsticks and Crowbars 'only', would be a hoot.

You can lay them with a left click, too, if you're looking right at the surface.

Neither, I thought it was just left-click to attach to a wall and alt-fire to detonate.

Neat.

The slams are kinda buggy when you stick them on a phys-prop though. If you pick the prop up with the grav gun, the slam stays stuck in mid-air.

Still, I've already worked out some good traps with ladders to use the slams with :)

How did you get the SLAM in other maps? I can only find it in Steam labs.

There's one in the central building, middle floor in Overwatch, hidden near/under a file cabinet if I recall.

There are a couple in overwatch. Just to the left of the entrance with all the rubble spilling onto the street, there are two lying there. Very hard to see, and pretty stupid place to put them IMO (should have been with the crossbow, or down with that part with the exploding barrel/sloping ceiling at the end of the street).

slam in lockdown

I cant for the life of me find any slams in dm_lockdown,, anyone find them / if so can u poast a pic or tell where thnx

bliink said:
You put them at the teleport output in dm_steamlabs... easy kills :D
Except that is called telemining and it's the height of lame :)

Just like wall-killing :)

gotta watch out for those walls, you never know when ones gonna fall on your head.

but seriously when you say wall killing. .. is that just slapping as many SLAM mines on a wall? I want to get with the lingo :)

clarky003 said:
I want to get with the lingo :)
You shoulda seen it earlier today, I got totally wall-killed, then respawned into a tele-mine and ran right into a railing-slider! LOL! Don't even get me started on the ceiling-smokers, man they're annoying when you've just placed a stair-weed!

ComradeBadger said:

Just like wall-killing :)

comradebadger is talking about HL1.You can shoot the gauss gun through walls and it has big splash damage and is an easy kill,i think.

ComradeBadger said:

I prefer the name I thought of: Bliink-Mining! :E

hmm 'im off for a spot of bliink-mining'... i dunno why, but i get this image of digging for strange furry creatures, not unlike squirrel's :/

StardogChampion said:
You shoulda seen it earlier today, I got totally wall-killed, then respawned into a tele-mine and ran right into a railing-slider! LOL! Don't even get me started on the ceiling-smokers, man they're annoying when you've just placed a stair-weed!

:LOL:

Just one more thing to abuse for the good player, as for the scrub...

clarky003 said:
gotta watch out for those walls, you never know when ones gonna fall on your head.

but seriously when you say wall killing. .. is that just slapping as many SLAM mines on a wall? I want to get with the lingo :)
Wall killing is people facing the wall :)

Facing the wall = typing or afk

Facing the wall = easy target :)

you should have seen me 5 minutes ago.

In a 3 player game on the overwatch map, i managed to boobytrap a good portion of the map with those SLAMs

I find that best trick is to put them around corners as close to the ground as possible. also sticking them to the top of doorways is pretty sweet as there is no way to jump over it.
Putting them near weapon reloads is also very effective.
Best of all, put them at the tops of stairs as close to the floor as you can. People will run up the stairs to their demise.

I tell ya, i only shot up maybe 10 people that round, the other 24 points came from all the mines people were setting off.

I LOVE THE SLAM

ComradeBadger said:
Wall killing is people facing the wall :)

Facing the wall = typing or afk

Meh, you simply shouldn't do that in a DM game, do it and accept that you will die.

I think the telemining is a smart idea, gonna try it :D

Oh, and a nice place to place the SLAMs is in the doorway of the SLAM spawn near the big room in Steamlabs. Place something like a small file cabinet or a barrel in the doorway so it blocks it, and place a SLAM next to it so the beam hits the object. Most people will miss the SLAM and walk right into it.

Telemining is one of the lamest tactics in exsistance, and I will kick people I see using it :)

Also, Flydebris, welcome to the quality tripmine user's club :) - that's good use of the SLAM - ala HLDM's tripmine.. I'm crap with them though :p

thanks, i've personally only come across maybe 3 or 4 other people who abuse the SLAMs as much as i do.

For those SLAM lovers out there, the [K-9] Kibbles and Bits! servers have the SLAM on all the maps of the rotation. Servers are located in Dallas.
67.18.241.74:27015 & 64.156.56.122:27015

I like sticking them at the tops of ladders. If they're going up by the time they see it...it's too late. Works great on dm_avalon.

Back