Small fixes

Do small fixes to gameplay create a better, more solid game?

• I agree. More depth helps believe the games theme.

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • I disagree. More depth is a waste of time.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Chaops

Reaction score
Hey, I just wanted to see what the community thinks of small fixes to CS:S that help improve the depth and aspect of gameplay. Small problems like the recoil settle time and incorrect gun cocking animations can all be fixed within minutes, yet VALVe has kept them in the game for years. Do you guys think that little errors like these have an affect on the final game when not addressed? Personally I think its the little details that count. Fixing model and weapon problems gives you a more believable feel when playing a game such as CS that relies on gunplay to entertain you. :smoking:

I hardly consider adding little insignificant things like that as adding more "depth".

Why? Have you ever considered the possibilty that depth is why so many games make it big. Not to say that they cant without it, but it sure helps for a more entertaining playing experience. Look at the q3 mod insta-unlagged for example. It's great fun but the gameplay of single shot, one weapon, one opponent style can get boring real fast. Anyone who actually owns real weapons knows exacly how annoying it is to see an m4 reload animation pull a push only part of the weapon. I could make a laundry list of the errors but the idea in general is what is up for debate.

Why? Have you ever considered the possibilty that depth is why so many games make it big.

Oh yeah gosh, if only CS were a big game :rolleyes:

Chaops said:
Anyone who actually owns real weapons knows exacly how annoying it is to see an m4 reload animation pull a push only part of the weapon. I could make a laundry list of the errors but the idea in general is what is up for debate.
You have my sympathy...

CS also has depth. Every gun is capable of a one to two shot kill, yet there is over 20 weapons. This is because it adds depth to the game and would not be played if it was all M4 vs all AK (not that it isnt anyway :LOL: ). Thanks Letters :cheers:

How about they focus on the main part of the game. The Hitboxes. There's not much point to having "Fully 100% accurate gun reload animations" If when you shoot someone directly, the bullet passes through them and then they shoot 1 meter behind you and kill you with a headshot. Is there?

I agree with you completely. Although VALVe sucks at fixing anything. So lets just stay on this topic instead of bashing on how every steam update releases two new bugs, which it does. :LOL:

More depth is a waste of time. They should consentrate on fixing the gameplay instead of polishing the foreskin.

We already covered that in the thread. If your going to say that it is not importiant at least give a reasonable reason.

Ecthe|ioN said:
They should consentrate on fixing the gameplay instead of polishing the foreskin.

Haha! You said foreskin!
:LOL:

Anyway, yeah, leave depth to when you got a good gameplay solution nailed. There's no point in having an amazing storyline if to proceed you just have to press a button, is there?

*Another sensible answer, by Dekstar*

Letters said:
I hardly consider adding little insignificant things like that as adding more "depth".

I agree.

Thanks for the feedback so far. You guys bring up some interesting points.

Back